Note 7 Gorilla Glass

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't trust a display model to judge on lol. Imagine people who went in and saw bent iPhones in the Apple store due to people ...

Just because something is labeled as being stronger doesn't mean it is shatterproof. If Samsung said shatterproof than yes hold them to it but they didn't so .. o_O

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
People are rough as hell with demos. And kids... I have seen kids grab them by the retractable lanyard and let phones go as they wound up and crashed against the table they sit at. They're extra abused.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I never understand people flipping out over shattered glass. It's glass, it can break. Until a company labels and makes it shatterproof, it's gonna happen.

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Never heard them say its invincible. Cracks are going to happen. Thats y i always protect my phones with cases. Never had a cracked screen before

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I never understand people flipping out over shattered glass. It's glass, it can break. Until a company labels and makes it shatterproof, it's gonna happen.
You mean like the Droid x force? Buy that, guaranteed screen won't break. Of course it's plastic.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You mean like the Droid x force? Buy that, guaranteed screen won't break. Of course it's plastic.

Yeah the trade off for plastic is AWFUL screen quality. I would rather just get a good case than have a screen that looks like crap lol.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, why don't they make their screens shatter-proof? Hard to believe that with all the hi-faluting technology we find on phones today shatter-proof glass is not one of the items we find.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I take what Corning says about their Gorilla Glass with a grain of salt. Sometimes I think GG 3 was stronger. They may bring new versions out and it may surpass the previous in one metric but maybe worse in another. Say it can scratch easier or it's thinner than previous

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz