Note 7 Insurance?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
At 850 a pop for the Note 7, what insurance, if any will you use? I have been using the insurance from verizon, but think it is kind of expensive. I pay about 9.00 a month for it, and when I needed it I still had to pay 150 to get the replacement Note 3 that was damaged. Are there any better deals?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I pay Verizon for "Total Protection" which is $11 on my Note 5 and will be the same on my pre-ordered Note 7. You have to watch out for the two levels they offer...the coverages are different. Most is included in the $9, but their premium Support includes a few things below:

Verizon Support & Protection is an app that helps you better manage your smartphone. The app is available for Android™ 2.1+ and iPhone® 6.0+, but features vary by OS.

Verizon Support & Protection for Android helps protect against:
Unauthorized access if your phone is lost by remotely:

Locating your device on a map*
Locating your device with an audible alarm*
Locking your device*

Erasing certain personal data on your device*

Potentially unwanted programs such as adware and spyware, which can intercept your personal data without your knowledge*

Malware and viruses

Web threats, which can include links within text messages, emails and social networking sites

Potential phishing sites, browser exploits and malicious quick response codes

Android Basic app is free to download and includes:

Antivirus protection, powered by McAfee®, to detect viruses and malware
McAfee SiteAdvisor® to identify and warn you of suspicious websites

Android Premium app requires a monthly subscription to Total Mobile Protection and includes:

All of the features available with the Android Basic version
App Alert to help guard your privacy from apps deemed risky
Mobile recovery features to remotely locate, alarm, lock or erase certain data

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I pay Verizon for "Total Protection" which is $11 on my Note 5 and will be the same on my pre-ordered Note 7. You have to watch out for the two levels they offer...the coverages are different. Most is included in the $9, but their premium Support includes a few things below:

Verizon Support & Protection is an app that helps you better manage your smartphone. The app is available for Android™ 2.1+ and iPhone® 6.0+, but features vary by OS.

Verizon Support & Protection for Android helps protect against:
Unauthorized access if your phone is lost by remotely:

Locating your device on a map*
Locating your device with an audible alarm*
Locking your device*

Erasing certain personal data on your device*

Potentially unwanted programs such as adware and spyware, which can intercept your personal data without your knowledge*

Malware and viruses

Web threats, which can include links within text messages, emails and social networking sites

Potential phishing sites, browser exploits and malicious quick response codes

Android Basic app is free to download and includes:

Antivirus protection, powered by McAfee®, to detect viruses and malware
McAfee SiteAdvisor® to identify and warn you of suspicious websites

Android Premium app requires a monthly subscription to Total Mobile Protection and includes:

All of the features available with the Android Basic version
App Alert to help guard your privacy from apps deemed risky
Mobile recovery features to remotely locate, alarm, lock or erase certain data

All of the added "premium support" stuff is available for free through Google Device Manager + any free virus app on the play store.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I was planning on insuring mine through Samsung's own Protection Plus insurance.
Samsung Protection Plus

That is a very reasonable price for 2 years. I must say that the Exclusions on the "view full details" page are a bit scary though. Have you ever used Samsung protection to repair/replace a device? If so, how was the experience? How long did it take? What was the deductible, etc..

I do use the VZW Total protection and I have had to use it several times with my daughter's phone. There was a $150 deductible , but it was pretty fast ( I had a replacement in a few days) and for the most part, painless. All done on a website.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if anyone has filed a claim with both Asurion and Samsung. Also, does anyone know if Samsung covers loss and or theft of your phone?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I will probably need to stick with Verizon Asurion. I have never lost a phone but I know a few people who have. I have only once filed a claim and that was after my HTC Rezound took a brief swim. Guess I won't have to worry about that now with my N7 :)

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That is a very reasonable price for 2 years. I must say that the Exclusions on the "view full details" page are a bit scary though. Have you ever used Samsung protection to repair/replace a device? If so, how was the experience? How long did it take? What was the deductible, etc..

I do use the VZW Total protection and I have had to use it several times with my daughter's phone. There was a $150 deductible , but it was pretty fast ( I had a replacement in a few days) and for the most part, painless. All done on a website.
Why do you think is scary? Everything I'm reading seems normal, and shouldn't be an issue.

Deductible is $99.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Will probably go with a Square Trade warranty for the wife's Note since I'm buying it through work.. Had it with the Note4 and it worked out pretty good. Only thing that sucks is you have to send it in for repair, but that's the trade off for zero copay. I'll have Assurion on mine through TMobile.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Why do you think is scary? Everything I'm reading seems normal, and shouldn't be an issue.

Deductible is $99.

I'm not a lawyer and it's probably just legal speak but it was these exclusions from protection that seems scary to me. I mean, "accidental" damage is the whole reason to get a plan like this. Who knows, the same thing might be in the Asurion one ..

EXCLUSIONS:

MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN ONLY EXCLUDES: ANY LOSS, REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT NECESSITATED BY ACTS OF GOD; ACCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INTENTIONAL DAMAGE; MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLECT, OR SERVICES (OR DAMAGES CAUSED) BY NON-AUTHORIZED REPAIR PERSONNEL;

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Protect Your Bubble for the past couple years but they recently stopped covering new policies in the US. Kinda disappointing because it was only $5/month with a $50 deductible, didn't cover loss or theft.

Since that's out this time around, I might give Worth Avenue Group a try. www.worthavegroup.com

$899 of coverage, with $50 deductible that covers everything including loss and theft for $8/month. It's a little cheaper if you pay full year up front but since I'm on JoD its highly unlikely I'll have the phone a full year. I haven't looked into it enough to see if they prorate back unused months like squaretrade does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia