08-10-2016 12:30 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    Bootloader?
    08-06-2016 10:17 AM
    Is it tasty?
    08-06-2016 12:17 PM
    How is the RAM management on it? Is it better than the S7e with the Grace UX?

Posted via my Black S7 Edge
    08-06-2016 02:27 PM
    do you get any 3rd party apps on the always on display screen?
    Check a page or two back. Looks like yes is the answer. It's about time
    08-06-2016 04:45 PM
    . In some instances the note7 feels slower to me because it looks like they increased animation speeds (you see the animation longer) to make it appear to look smoother. But in reality it actually makes it feel somewhat slower as a result.
    Can you switch it into developer mode, and turn the animation feature off (and see if things appear faster afterward)?

Mostly I'm not a fan of touchwiz. While it's way better than it use to be I'm picky about performance and I notice slight jitters here and there and the often app launch delay. Became even more noticeable when I pulled out my ancient M9 (yup) and even that loads and launches apps faster and stays more consistent in performance. My s7 edge started to slow down after the first month of use and I'm just over it.
    Oh, great You're making me wonder if I made a bad decision choosing to move from my HTC One m8 to this Samsung Note 7. I already knew I'd be loosing sound quality compared to my m8.
    08-06-2016 07:57 PM
    Can you switch it into developer mode, and turn the animation feature off (and see if things appear faster afterward)?

Oh, great You're making me wonder if I made a bad decision choosing to move from my HTC One m8 to this Samsung Note 7. I already knew I'd be loosing sound quality compared to my m8.
    I thought the best buy models have the demo mode on so that may cause the stutter.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 08:07 PM
    Does it have the Adoptable Storage feature?
    why would you want that? You'd be SOL of you want to move the SD card to another phone

08-06-2016 08:15 PM
    I see everyone is dancing around the bootloader question.
    08-06-2016 08:17 PM
    If the S7 and S7 Edge are the precedent, then if you get AT&T or Verizon, most definitely locked.

Melaza likes this.
    08-06-2016 09:20 PM
    Does it feel balanced to use with one hand on the fly?

Yes it's very well balanced from top to bottom. Very even weight distribution
    08-06-2016 11:11 PM
    Can you install Good Lock from Galaxy App store?

How does the theme store look? Same themes as GS7/GS6?
    Haven't tried good lock yet. Not much in the store other than the standard Samsung one. Perhaps waiting to push others out or maybe the software change require new themes is my guess
    08-06-2016 11:13 PM
    How much of a difference does this S Pen feel compared to the one on the Note5?
    I'm not the best to ask because I never cared for it beforw and my limited time with this one I still don't care for it. It's too thin and light feeling like I'm holding a tweezer to my screen. Personally I think it needs more weight and heavier materials like real metal and not cheap plastic to not feel so flimsy
    08-06-2016 11:15 PM
    Haven't tried good lock yet. Not much in the store other than the standard Samsung one. Perhaps waiting to push others out or maybe the software change require new themes is my guess
    Led light? How is the iris scanner?

08-06-2016 11:16 PM
    I found the information about the edge notification here :

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-26680

The second file is the complete user guide
    rsmin likes this.
    08-07-2016 02:25 AM
    I havent checked yet but given past carrier models I'm 99.9% confident it's locked.
    08-07-2016 02:22 PM
    I thought the best buy models have the demo mode on so that may cause the stutter.

There's no demo software on what I'm using. It stutters on its own. Samsung hasn't gotten to the point of having Nexus like performance like HTC has yet. Keep in mind though that many people won't notice it. If you're very particular about performance you'll notice it. If you think the s6 or s7 are "flawless" then you'll be happy.
    08-07-2016 02:24 PM
    What's the difference in battery time when switching to full hd?
    M_A likes this.
    08-07-2016 03:07 PM
    What's the difference in battery time when switching to full hd?
    If I was doing it correctly when I played with it in the store it was a oddly short extra 11 minutes or so. Maybe I was missing something or the phone only had 30% charge or something like that.

I think QHD is probably overkill anyway for most things so I figured maybe I'd just run it at 1080.
    EMGSM likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:44 AM
    Power saving options have display resolution options. You can adjust the resolution of the display and it works with all apps. You can then increase the CPU back to 100% (Medium mode as example reduces the CPU to 90%, but can be increased to 100% in the settings).

I plan on using 1080p for everything except browsing and Gear VR. This should add a few hours of battery life for heavy use- especially for GPU heavy apps and less heat.
    08-10-2016 10:39 AM
    I am gonna leave it at QHD and if I get through a full day OK, I won't change anything. If I find I am too low at the end or not making it a full day, I might change to a lower resolution sometimes. It is just so great to have the option to do this :-)
    keepnitreel and gogoplata1980 like this.
    08-10-2016 10:43 AM
    I am gonna leave it at QHD and if I get through a full day OK, I won't change anything. If I find I am too low at the end or not making it a full day, I might change to a lower resolution sometimes. It is just so great to have the option to do this :-)
    Gaming and other GPU heavy apps are the main issue. Why choke the GPU (fast battery drain and more heat) if there is no visual benefit on a 5.7" device when using those apps? JMO
    08-10-2016 12:12 PM
    Gaming and other GPU heavy apps are the main issue. Why choke the GPU (fast battery drain and more heat) if there is no visual benefit on a 5.7" device when using those apps? JMO
    Perhaps. If I really can't see any difference with my eyes in any apps between 1080 and QHD, then yes it would make sense to leave it at 1080, agreed. However, if I can tell the difference, I would do as I stated previously - that is keep it at the best resolution, unless I am not getting through a full day. I'll wait to check the various resolutions to see if I can or cannot notice.

I don't game much on my phone, so that is not an issue for me.
    08-10-2016 12:16 PM
    Can you show pictures of the edge notifications?
    08-10-2016 12:21 PM
    Well I say I will set it to 1080p, but odds are I will forget half the time

It would be cool if you could create shortcuts to different custom power save profiles.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:21 PM

It would be cool if you could create shortcuts to different custom power save profiles.
    Now THAT would be quite useful.

I suspect this would be in notification quick toggles anyway, under power saving, no? Click once to change to the default power saving you set up, un-click to reset. Long-click to set it up? That's how their other toggles usually work ...
    08-10-2016 12:26 PM
101 ... 2345