Ask questions, I have temporary access to a Note7

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Can you switch it into developer mode, and turn the animation feature off (and see if things appear faster afterward)?

Oh, great :-\ You're making me wonder if I made a bad decision choosing to move from my HTC One m8 to this Samsung Note 7. I already knew I'd be loosing sound quality compared to my m8.

I thought the best buy models have the demo mode on so that may cause the stutter.

Posted via the Android Central App

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you install Good Lock from Galaxy App store?

How does the theme store look? Same themes as GS7/GS6?

Haven't tried good lock yet. Not much in the store other than the standard Samsung one. Perhaps waiting to push others out or maybe the software change require new themes is my guess

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
How much of a difference does this S Pen feel compared to the one on the Note5?
I'm not the best to ask because I never cared for it beforw and my limited time with this one I still don't care for it. It's too thin and light feeling like I'm holding a tweezer to my screen. Personally I think it needs more weight and heavier materials like real metal and not cheap plastic to not feel so flimsy

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought the best buy models have the demo mode on so that may cause the stutter.

Posted via the Android Central App

There's no demo software on what I'm using. It stutters on its own. Samsung hasn't gotten to the point of having Nexus like performance like HTC has yet. Keep in mind though that many people won't notice it. If you're very particular about performance you'll notice it. If you think the s6 or s7 are "flawless" then you'll be happy.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference in battery time when switching to full hd?

If I was doing it correctly when I played with it in the store it was a oddly short extra 11 minutes or so. Maybe I was missing something or the phone only had 30% charge or something like that.

I think QHD is probably overkill anyway for most things so I figured maybe I'd just run it at 1080.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Power saving options have display resolution options. You can adjust the resolution of the display and it works with all apps. You can then increase the CPU back to 100% (Medium mode as example reduces the CPU to 90%, but can be increased to 100% in the settings).

I plan on using 1080p for everything except browsing and Gear VR. This should add a few hours of battery life for heavy use- especially for GPU heavy apps and less heat.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am gonna leave it at QHD and if I get through a full day OK, I won't change anything. If I find I am too low at the end or not making it a full day, I might change to a lower resolution sometimes. It is just so great to have the option to do this :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am gonna leave it at QHD and if I get through a full day OK, I won't change anything. If I find I am too low at the end or not making it a full day, I might change to a lower resolution sometimes. It is just so great to have the option to do this :)

Gaming and other GPU heavy apps are the main issue. Why choke the GPU (fast battery drain and more heat) if there is no visual benefit on a 5.7" device when using those apps? JMO :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Gaming and other GPU heavy apps are the main issue. Why choke the GPU (fast battery drain and more heat) if there is no visual benefit on a 5.7" device when using those apps? JMO :)

Perhaps. If I really can't see any difference with my eyes in any apps between 1080 and QHD, then yes it would make sense to leave it at 1080, agreed. However, if I can tell the difference, I would do as I stated previously - that is keep it at the best resolution, unless I am not getting through a full day. I'll wait to check the various resolutions to see if I can or cannot notice.

I don't game much on my phone, so that is not an issue for me.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I say I will set it to 1080p, but odds are I will forget half the time :)

It would be cool if you could create shortcuts to different custom power save profiles.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It would be cool if you could create shortcuts to different custom power save profiles.

Now THAT would be quite useful.

I suspect this would be in notification quick toggles anyway, under power saving, no? Click once to change to the default power saving you set up, un-click to reset. Long-click to set it up? That's how their other toggles usually work ...