Required purchase of $50 Best Buy gift card to preorder Note 7?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When I preordered my Note 7 from Best Buy, I was told I was required to purchase a $50 gift card as a deposit or something. Was anyone else required to do this at Best Buy?

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had to on another device a few years ago. That way if you cancel you have a $50 store credit instead of a refund.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had to on another device a few years ago. That way if you cancel you have a $50 store credit instead of a refund.

Really? Hmmm, just found it strange because I preordered my Galaxy S6 from Best Buy and I never had to do that

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
When I preordered my Note 7 from Best Buy, I was told I was required to purchase a $50 gift card as a deposit or something. Was anyone else required to do this at Best Buy?
Before moving to T-Mobile I had purchased my last 3 or 4 phones from Best Buy while on Sprint. Always had to put $50 down and get the gift card in return.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think it's strange, I'm on Verizon and do the $36/mo. And had to get a 50 gift card. What am I supposed to do with this card ? I can't put it towards the phone because technically I'm not buying it and you can't use the card towards the account.

Edit: sorry, I meant to put that I pre-ordered at best buy.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's strange, I'm on Verizon and do the $36/mo. And had to get a 50 gift card. What am I supposed to do with this card ? I can't put it towards the phone because technically I'm not buying it and you can't use the card towards the account.

Edit: sorry, I meant to put that I pre-ordered at best buy.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5
Don't you have to pay sales tax up front? You can use the gift card for that.

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what Tourbound said. U have to pay the sales tax. Rep at my best buy told ne it would be around 70 bucks. Im not sure about that though

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I have pre-ordered several phones from BB. That is always their policy in my experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital