Package from best buy...

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Does having the 256 SD on board by itself improve performance? What if you use it to empty out your 64 internal phone storage?

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my Fit 2 today as I don't need a storage card with that much storage. Liking the free watch so far.

I preordered the Verizon version 2 days ago on bestbuy online.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does having the 256 SD on board by itself improve performance? What if you use it to empty out your 64 internal phone storage?

If they follow the path of the S7E (and I don't see why they wouldn't), having an SD card will NOT improve or decrease your performance (OK, in theory it'll decrease since speeds for an SD card are slower than internal memory). The SD card would be for external storage only and not adoptable storage, so main app files will still reside in your phone's memory.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried to order. I don't have my phone info yet. Can't order it. Getting SD card. Can put my current in my tablet. I have the GearS2 watch. It's does a whole lot

mantaka

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Would like to get the gear fit 2 for myself but dunno when I will start to workout, or will I. SD card would be a good sell off and then I could get the fast wireless stand and maybe some skins + UAG case for my note 7 :D

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not buying from Best Buy, but I think I am going with the SD card. I have been trying to come up with a reason to get the Fit2 since it looks nice. But, it's a fitness tracker, not a smartwatch (Gear2). It is very limited in what it can do. My phone does the same type of tracking. I am not a jogger/runner. That is the only reason I can see people getting one of these.
Also, for the SD card, this card in the offer is fast. If you have one from several years ago, it may not be fast enough to write 4K recordings. Lack of storage on my Note5 is probably the main reason I didn't record 4K. That will change with more storage. I am not sure of the file sizes for recording 4K on Samsung phones at 30fps, but I read generally speaking it can be anywhere from several hundred MB/minute to a few GB/minute.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the Gear Fit2 as well, it was the only thing available when you preorder on bestbuy.com. When I went to pick it up, I asked the manager if I could exchange it for the 256GB card, she told me to come back on the 19th and she will exchange it for me.

I noticed that too. So if I want the card I have to preorder in the actual BB store?

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just called my Best Buy and they said to get the SD card for the promo, you have to order in store. They will give you the card when you come to pick up your phone on the 19th.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
If they follow the path of the S7E (and I don't see why they wouldn't), having an SD card will NOT improve or decrease your performance (OK, in theory it'll decrease since speeds for an SD card are slower than internal memory). The SD card would be for external storage only and not adoptable storage, so main app files will still reside in your phone's memory.

But it really isn't noticeable, at least not to me. Has is been for you?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The last I saw that card on sale on Amazon it was 180 I think. Plus, it's a lot harder to sell should you want the cash value, especially closer to those prices. A watch would be easier to sell, but might yield lower value.

You can buy a gear s2 watch for 140 and criaglist and even ive seen up to 120 lowest the sd card is worth 180 on amazon but the one we are getting with our note 7 is better then the one on amazon

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can buy a gear s2 watch for 140 and criaglist and even ive seen up to 120 lowest the sd card is worth 180 on amazon but the one we are getting with our note 7 is better then the one on amazon

Nope, it's the same one. Evo+ 256. For some reason the 128 version of the same card family has slower write speeds, but the 256 version has the high-speed read/write.

And lo and behold, it's up to 300 again. Curiously since the pre-orders started :p
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Plus...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5314469

But you can see the price history here.
Snap.jpg

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys getting your gift already? And are the ones that got them pre-ordering from Best Buy? I thought it said you wouldn't get the gift until the phone is turned on? I only went with the fit2 for my wife, I get the note every year (it's my birthday present every year) and my wife gets my old phone (only a year old). This time she got upset because this will be the 4th hand me down phone(lol) . I think I made her feel better with her getting something out of the deal.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5
I preordered at Best Buy on the 5th, but received no information as to the watch or SD card, not even asking which I wanted. I'm guessing they will address that when I pick up the phone on the 19th.