Package from best buy...

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm still undecided if I should get the Fit or the SD Card or Netflix :(

Let me help

SD card is $250, but will you actually be using that much? If so you can also just get an external Samsung SSD 250gb that connects with usb type c.

Gear Fit 2. Basically the most basic smart watch option, but can be paired with phone. So far i am liking mine. I don't need 256gb for only my phone so i don't really care for an SD card with that much capacity.

Netflix. I rarely use it, but it's nice to have every now and then when bored. Honeslty it's not that exciting over the other 2.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me help

SD card is $250, but will you actually be using that much? If so you can also just get an external Samsung SSD 250gb that connects with usb type c.

Gear Fit 2. Basically the most basic smart watch option, but can be paired with phone. So far i am liking mine. I don't need 256gb for only my phone so i don't really care for an SD card with that much capacity.

Netflix. I rarely use it, but it's nice to have every now and then when bored. Honeslty it's not that exciting over the other 2.

Well that's the thing. I already have a 128GB card that goes largely unused, and this phone will come with 64GB. BUT it's 250 bucks!!!

The Fit has a gorgeous screen and I really should get into shape, but already own a Moto360 with better notifications and Play Music Offline support (which the Fit doesn't have), so still on the fence on that one.

Netflix I do use(ish), but I still have 17 months free from the Note 5 and S7Edge promos... plus it's the cheapest of the three (and since my account is still registered in Mexico, the year translates to the Mexican price and it's even less!).

Do you get a choice of color for the Fit 2?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Let me help

YUPPPPP. My entire music collection will be posted up on my card (roughly 100 or more gigs). 250 isn't really THAT much lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
YUPPPPP. My entire music collection will be posted up on my card (roughly 100 or more gigs). 250 isn't really THAT much lol

I stopped using MP3 years ago, don't really have a 'music collection' anymore (and the one I do have is already up in the cloud with Google Play Music). Movies are either on Vudu, Hulu, Amazon, or Netflix (or the occasional file in Google Drive). Pictures are saved to internal (never ever ever will I save to SD Card again) and backed up to the cloud, and I do move them to SD card after backing up but still haven't filled up a card, so... It's more about the 'it's the most expensive of the three options' haha

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I got my Gear fit 2 today too. I pre ordered an AT&T one from Best Buy. I will probably return the watch since I have a Garmin Fenix3 HR.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Awesome that you got your gift though. You're lucky they shipped them out so quickly. Where do you live?
In FL, though i doubt it matters which state, but it came a day early :)
Well that's the thing. I already have a 128GB card that goes largely unused, and this phone will come with 64GB. BUT it's 250 bucks!!!

The Fit has a gorgeous screen and I really should get into shape, but already own a Moto360 with better notifications and Play Music Offline support (which the Fit doesn't have), so still on the fence on that one.

Netflix I do use(ish), but I still have 17 months free from the Note 5 and S7Edge promos... plus it's the cheapest of the three (and since my account is still registered in Mexico, the year translates to the Mexican price and it's even less!).

Do you get a choice of color for the Fit 2?

Yes you can choose the color. If you have the moto, i would skip the Gear Fit than. Yes this is more of a fitness watch, but unless the moto is bouncing around your wrist, it shouldn't matter when doing cardio (unless weather). I lift a lot and really don't care for the health features that much since i'm not big on cardio, but i don't mind it tracking my steps in order to help me out on tracking how much extra calories i can eat that day.

Mainly the gear fit 2, was the only option i could see being useful to me.

Would probably say the SD is your best option. But just sell the SD, and get something better if you don't use it since it is the most expensive option.

250gb is nothing, but for external and phone file use, its more than enough. For my phone, i would only need a 128gb card the most. Mainly depends on need but have never worried much about storage.

I got my Gear fit 2 today too. I pre ordered an AT&T one from Best Buy. I will probably return the watch since I have a Garmin Fenix3 HR.
If the watch came early, i wonder if the phone will as well :D

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Since I don't need the SD card (my music are all on google play music and i mostly do streaming anyways) cus the 64gb is more than enough for me, thinking of selling the SD Card to help lower the cost of the phone. Dont need the watch nor netflix.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The plot thickens... Samsung's 256GB Card is 175 on Amazon right now. So now on par with the 180 price tag that the Fit 2 has (or 150, actually, on Best Buy ATM). Still more than 120 of a year of Netflix (84 if you're on the Mexican Netflix pricing :p).

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
The plot thickens... Samsung's 256GB Card is 175 on Amazon right now. So now on par with the 180 price tag that the Fit 2 has (or 150, actually, on Best Buy ATM). Still more than 120 of a year of Netflix (84 if you're on the Mexican Netflix pricing :p).

The watches value is better. Memory prices always go down.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the Gear Fit2 as well, it was the only thing available when you preorder on bestbuy.com. When I went to pick it up, I asked the manager if I could exchange it for the 256GB card, she told me to come back on the 19th and she will exchange it for me.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
How are you guys getting your gift already? And are the ones that got them pre-ordering from Best Buy? I thought it said you wouldn't get the gift until the phone is turned on? I only went with the fit2 for my wife, I get the note every year (it's my birthday present every year) and my wife gets my old phone (only a year old). This time she got upset because this will be the 4th hand me down phone(lol) . I think I made her feel better with her getting something out of the deal.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The one I saw on Amazon was UHS-1 speed class 1 for $175 whereas the promo card is UHS-1 speed class 3.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
How are you guys getting your gift already? And are the ones that got them pre-ordering from Best Buy? I thought it said you wouldn't get the gift until the phone is turned on? I only went with the fit2 for my wife, I get the note every year (it's my birthday present every year) and my wife gets my old phone (only a year old). This time she got upset because this will be the 4th hand me down phone(lol) . I think I made her feel better with her getting something out of the deal.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

Apparently Best Buy took requests in store for the gift as opposed to carriers which will require you to redeem on the promotion website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18