08-07-2016 11:42 AM
31 12
tools
    Is there any actual documented evidence that fast charging ruins batteries? I don't need a physics lesson. There are a large number of batteries out there, and there is a lot of misinformation, and myths about them. Trickle charge, over charge, never to 0, never leave it charging to 100, blah, blah, blah.

Not sure I buy into the fast charge kills battery theory.
    keepnitreel and rsmin like this.
    08-07-2016 07:34 AM
    Since the Note 7 has non-replaceable batteries, it seems to me its life span will be significantly shortened. If the battery goes out on the phone is there anyway to repair it at a reasonable charge or do you think you will just have to buy another refurbished Note7? Has there been any published data on how long Samsung expects the battery life to last(in months) with normal usage?
    It can always be sent to Samsung to replace, there are some walk in Samsung service centers. Of there is on in your area it can be done. For previous phones, IIRC, the price for replacement is between $50 to $70.
    08-07-2016 07:44 AM
    Getting Samsung under warranty or extended warranty is a pain in the you know what! I know... they've put me through hassles to prove a degraded battery and still haven't replaced it under warranty.

This aspect of the sealed Samsung batteries with no Samsung service centers in Denver and many other cities is the Achilles heel of the company and Verizon and phones.

Unlike Apple where I can make an appointment and in one hour and three miles away, I can have a factory fresh battery installed, either under warranty or Seventy bucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Going through Samsung Plus instead of 800 Samsung is best. I've had a battery replaced with no problem, once they didn't replace the battery but replaced my motherboard because that was the issue.
    08-07-2016 07:46 AM
    Yes, I've spoken with Samsung via their online app. Mail it? If I had another phone and can wait 10-14 business days for turn around, sure.

But I gave away my S4 to a hard working teenager who really needed a phone... complete with 4 extra batteries.

In hindsight, I should have kept it for an emergency. I think in the future, I will keep an extra phone as an emergency spare.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You can always buy a cheap prepaid from Target or Best Buy as a back up for emergencies. You can get one for $25 or less. Target even has Samsung smartphones as Trac phones.
    08-07-2016 07:53 AM
    With all the good things I hear about Note 7, I think the only thing that may force me to upgrade from it after 2+ years would be if that non-removable battery goes kaput. That is a big worry for me.
    Wasn't an issue with the Note 5 or the S6. This isn't the first year of non-removable batteries.
    Simon_y7 likes this.
    08-07-2016 07:54 AM
    Glad for this thread. This will be my first non removable battery phone since the old flip Razrs in 97! I'm super used to both hot swapping and battery pulls for overheating or generally wonky behavior. I'm coming from the Note 4. DH has the N5, but is not a power user like I am, so his feelings about the battery wouldn't dovetail with mine.
    08-07-2016 11:42 AM
31 12