08-07-2016 11:42 AM
31 12
tools
    Since the Note 7 has non-replaceable batteries, it seems to me its life span will be significantly shortened. If the battery goes out on the phone is there anyway to repair it at a reasonable charge or do you think you will just have to buy another refurbished Note7? Has there been any published data on how long Samsung expects the battery life to last(in months) with normal usage?
    08-05-2016 02:50 PM
    I'm sure they are replaceable just not user replaceable.
    08-05-2016 03:02 PM
    I would think an extended warranty should take care of that issue.
    Preach2k likes this.
    08-05-2016 03:56 PM
    Samsung can replace the battery... You can ask them how much it costs. I would be weary of third party repair which could impact warranty
    08-05-2016 03:57 PM
    ^Wary actually, although I suppose one could be weary also. :-)
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-05-2016 05:06 PM
    I would think an extended warranty should take care of that issue.
    Agreed
    08-05-2016 05:28 PM
    Getting Samsung under warranty or extended warranty is a pain in the you know what! I know... they've put me through hassles to prove a degraded battery and still haven't replaced it under warranty.

This aspect of the sealed Samsung batteries with no Samsung service centers in Denver and many other cities is the Achilles heel of the company and Verizon and phones.

Unlike Apple where I can make an appointment and in one hour and three miles away, I can have a factory fresh battery installed, either under warranty or Seventy bucks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2016 05:38 PM
    It will last a couple of years, you would have replaced the phone by that time.....
    08-05-2016 05:42 PM
    It will last a couple of years, you would have replaced the phone by that time.....
    Not the way I use my Note 5! Three battery charges a day, all business and personal, no social media, no games.

08-05-2016 06:07 PM
    Maybe, buy you'll see it diminishing after several months, then irritating you after a year. Then you sell it to some poor smuck, or you pay Samsung $100 to have a new battery installed. And you're without your phone for a week. Fun times. Can you tell I miss user swappable batteries? Lol
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-05-2016 06:30 PM
    Getting Samsung under warranty or extended warranty is a pain in the you know what! I know... they've put me through hassles to prove a degraded battery and still haven't replaced it under warranty.

This aspect of the sealed Samsung batteries with no Samsung service centers in Denver and many other cities is the Achilles heel of the company and Verizon and phones.

Unlike Apple where I can make an appointment and in one hour and three miles away, I can have a factory fresh battery installed, either under warranty or Seventy bucks.

There is a Samsung service center probably 5 miles from me . but if there isn't one then you can always mail it.
    08-05-2016 07:20 PM
    There is a Samsung service center probably 5 miles from me . but if there isn't one then you can always mail it.
    Yes, I've spoken with Samsung via their online app. Mail it? If I had another phone and can wait 10-14 business days for turn around, sure.

But I gave away my S4 to a hard working teenager who really needed a phone... complete with 4 extra batteries.

In hindsight, I should have kept it for an emergency. I think in the future, I will keep an extra phone as an emergency spare.

08-05-2016 08:33 PM
    This is why I have the LG g5.

08-05-2016 08:41 PM

i have the lg g5 and the swapping of batteries have become a pain in the ***.... today my battery lasted 3.5 hrs... dont know why... so I'm averaging about 3 to 6 hrs and maybe 2 hrs of screen time. pre-ordered my s7 note today

08-05-2016 08:53 PM
    Maybe, buy you'll see it diminishing after several months, then irritating you after a year. Then you sell it to some poor smuck, or you pay Samsung $100 to have a new battery installed. And you're without your phone for a week. Fun times. Can you tell I miss user swappable batteries? Lol
    Another option through Verizon is the annual upgrade program if you buy the Note 7 and you can upgrade after a year. Of course you are completely leasing the phone by doing that, which I am not a big fan of, but that is an option. I do prefer swappable batteries but they seem to be dying breed.
    08-05-2016 09:58 PM
    I've never replaced a battery in a phone. Ever. Never needed to. Going all the way back to my motorola atrix. Though I do tend to get new phones every year or year and a half.
    08-05-2016 10:50 PM
    I'll miss a removable battery but an extended warranty with Verizon is only $3 a month.
    08-06-2016 12:32 AM
    With all the good things I hear about Note 7, I think the only thing that may force me to upgrade from it after 2+ years would be if that non-removable battery goes kaput. That is a big worry for me.
    08-06-2016 06:21 PM
    i have the lg g5 and the swapping of batteries have become a pain in the ***.... today my battery lasted 3.5 hrs... dont know why... so I'm averaging about 3 to 6 hrs and maybe 2 hrs of screen time. pre-ordered my s7 note today

Something is not right. I get lot more. Between fill ups

08-06-2016 07:32 PM
    I've never replaced a battery in a phone. Ever. Never needed to. Going all the way back to my motorola atrix. Though I do tend to get new phones every year or year and a half.
    If you get a new phone that often you should not need a new battery.

08-06-2016 07:33 PM
    The one thing that can degrade a battery quickly is constant use of Fast Charging. If you don't FC daily, then the battery should last a few years.

You poor thing, luckily LG V20 is nearby, so LG can forget the flop that is the G5.
    08-07-2016 01:13 AM
    The one thing that can degrade a battery quickly is constant use of Fast Charging. If you don't FC daily, then the battery should last a few years.

You poor thing, luckily LG V20 is nearby, so LG can forget the flop that is the G5.
    I fast charge my Note 5... THREE times a day on average from 40%-100. I have to, use the phone A LOT.

I've got no other choice. It's a sealed battery. Before this phone, I swapped 3 to 4 batteries, and bought factory fresh ones regularly. Charged them separately on an external charger.

There are many on the forum that don't even keep their phones more that 3-4 months, then they're on to the next phone. They don't care or hardly care about battery longevity. Neither do the folks who change phones after one year.

It's the folks who are 'users' AND who want to keep their phones a couple of years. These sealed batteries, for hard users, will NEVER last two years.

Kirk Maluo likes this.
    08-07-2016 01:37 AM
    I fast charge my Note 5... THREE times a day on average from 40%-100. I have to, use the phone A LOT.

I've got no other choice. It's a sealed battery. Before this phone, I swapped 3 to 4 batteries, and bought factory fresh ones regularly. Charged them separately on an external charger.

There are many on the forum that don't even keep their phones more that 3-4 months, then they're on to the next phone. They don't care or hardly care about battery longevity. Neither do the folks who change phones after one year.

It's the folks who are 'users' AND who want to keep their phones a couple of years. These sealed batteries, for hard users, will NEVER last two years.

That is heavy, and I thought I was a heavy user, lol

How is your Note5 battery holding up?

Its a shame as most of us keep our phones for at least 18months. I got my Note 4 on Launch Day in 2014, and used Fast Charging daily, then in April this year I realised the battery was no longer holding charge well, and replaced it.

One may have to get a Battery Pack cover for sealed batteries to avoid having to take the phone in after a year of heavy usage.
    08-07-2016 01:44 AM
    If you're playing pokemon go, you're a power user. Your battery is getting trashed.
    08-07-2016 02:29 AM
    If you're playing pokemon go, you're a power user. Your battery is getting trashed.
    Pokémon? 😃

I don't even have a single social media like FB, Instagram, Twitter on my phone.

It's all business use, forum use, few apps, communication.

What drains the battery is mostly being on the Internet, browsing, communicating on calls. If I were to just text, send an email, barely drains the battery.

That's why I always carried 3-4 batteries, rotated them, externally recharged them, was always good to go.

Now, have got to quick charge, one hour and a few minutes to take it from 40-100%.

Another reason why I prefer rechargeable batteries over water resistance. 😏

Any why I'm waiting for Samsung to put a warranty repair center here in Denver so they can install a factory fresh battery when needed.

Samsung... are you listening? Do you really care? 😎

08-07-2016 07:04 AM
31 12