so yesterday I took advantage of the Amazon offer of Dragon Quest VIII for free. When I installed it it left a transferable amount of data. 1.45 ish GB. When I went to transfer it using Clean Master. I get a not enough space message and then my phone restarts. The card is a 200gb and I should have about 90gb left. I have verified the sd card using SD Insight and it's a legit card... I just moved some apps Totaling 5 gb from the sd card back onto the internal memory and tried moving DQ8 back to the SD card I still get the same message. I have no idea whats wrong. Does anybody have any ideas?
    08-05-2016 07:46 PM
    Are you able to move the app to SD from the App Manager itself? If so, it sounds like it may be a problem with Clean Master itself. Has it been able to move that much data in the past for any other apps?
    08-06-2016 01:02 AM
    I quit using clean master about a year ago.. it used to be good for basic cleaning but now it seems to be more problems than its worth.

Just my opinion. But clean master is no longer useful.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-06-2016 09:00 AM
    But clean master is no longer useful.
    +1
    08-06-2016 05:54 PM
    I quit using clean master about a year ago.. it used to be good for basic cleaning but now it seems to be more problems than its worth.

Just my opinion. But clean master is no longer useful.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ok Clean Master is no longer useful can you recommend an app that would take its place?
    08-08-2016 09:52 AM
    Are you able to move the app to SD from the App Manager itself? If so, it sounds like it may be a problem with Clean Master itself. Has it been able to move that much data in the past for any other apps?
    That was the second thing I tried with clean master. (which I understand is outdated now) It would get about 55% of the transfer and then stop and tell me not enough space when I use the actual app manager itself it instantly tells me there is not enough space..
    08-08-2016 10:23 AM
    Just curious... Did you already fill up the 64gb internal memory?
    08-08-2016 10:40 AM
    I have about 1gb left
    08-08-2016 12:56 PM
    so yesterday I took advantage of the Amazon offer of Dragon Quest VIII for free. When I went to transfer it using Clean Master. I get a not enough space message and then my phone restarts. Does anybody have any ideas?
    Damn, wish I had known about that offer! Have you tried checking the sd card for errors (put it in an sd adapter, stick it in a Windows computer's sd card slot, open my computer -> right click on the drive -> properties ->tools ->check the drive for errors or Windows Adminstiration tools, and the same?
    08-08-2016 01:02 PM
    I have about 1gb left
    I wonder if this could be part of the problem. I don't know exactly how Clean Master is trying to transfer that data, but perhaps it requires a certain amount of internal storage to cache the data it's trying to transfer first, before it actually sends it to the SD card.

And to answer your question about alternatives to Clean Master--it depends on what you wanted to use it for. "Phone cleaning" apps are generally not that useful, and can cause more problems than they solve sometimes (e.g., if they wipe out miscelllaneous files that were actually important for an app). You can always clear all app caches by going to Settings>Storage, tapping Cached Data, and clearing it there. And for moving apps to SD, I would rely on the system to do that (if it can), rather than a 3rd party app.
    08-08-2016 03:06 PM