08-22-2016 07:22 PM
217 1234 ...
tools
    I can see how the color choice would be a deal breaker, but the offer is a smartphone that comes up with ANY value, will be automatically worth $200 when u buy a note 7.

If you go to target for an iPhone, your trade is worth $97, if you want a note 7, it's worth $200. Looking at it that way, it's a heck of a deal. You can use the gift card (trade in) as down payment if u want also. Personally I hope they have the new gear vr. It would be like getting it free.
    How does that trade-in deal work? Do you bring the old phone when you pick up the new phone? Doesn't seem that way reading the trade-in webpage but I have no idea. I know you CANNOT apply the $100 gift card you get to the purchase.
    08-07-2016 08:49 AM
    I went ahead and pre-ordered mine through Target, but I got a pop up that said there's no guarantee of release day pick up, and that's concerning.
    That is concerning. The point of pre-ordering should be to guarantee you a phone on release day. If they don't have units for preorders from orders placed this early by release day its going to be bad publicity for them!
    08-07-2016 09:45 AM
    That is concerning. The point of pre-ordering should be to guarantee you a phone on release day. If they don't have units for preorders from orders placed this early by release day its going to be bad publicity for them!
    Yes, it is. I also can't figure out how the $200 trade in gift card will work. They don't specify if you do it in store, or handle it the same way as normal (ship it in) but wait until you pick up your new phone before you can.
    08-07-2016 10:37 AM
    You do it in store. When I considered a s7 a while back they were doing the same offer. They give you a $200 gift card for it, the they process the new phone. You can use the $200 as a down payment on the new device, but NOT the $100 gift card.

As for the pre-order guarantee... no, you are not guaranteed, but then again, no carrier guarantees it. The difference with Target is that you are NOT actually preordering the device. You are reserving one of their units. What does that mean.. with a pre-order via a carrier, and even best buy I believe, you actually handle the financial and upgrade issues first, then come in and pick up your device. With Target and Sams club, you are only reserving one of their initial units for yourself, and then you come in and do all of the financial and account stuff then. If you don't pick it up within a certain amount of time after your notified, then you forfeit the device and it goes back into store stock. I actually have units reserved at both Sams and Target, because i found out about the target offer after I already reserved the sams one. I will call this week and cancel the sams one.

I pre-ordered my Note 4 directly from AT&T and they didn't fulfill the order until 3 days after the release, and then 2 days of shipping. Of course I walked into a store and picked one up on release day, once I realized it wasn't coming, and then returned the "pre ordered" one when it finally arrived.

I'm not worried about target, I think in most cases they will be fine on release day.
    08-07-2016 04:17 PM
    How does this deal work when one wants to do a 2 year upgrade?
    08-07-2016 04:23 PM
    Heh! My 32Gb GS4/i337 in perfect condition is worth .... $40.
    08-07-2016 05:22 PM
    Heh! My 32Gb GS4/i337 in perfect condition is worth .... $40.
    No, it's worth $200 if you get a note. It just won't show until the 19th, when they go on sale.
    08-07-2016 05:26 PM
    You do it in store. When I considered a s7 a while back they were doing the same offer. They give you a $200 gift card for it, the they process the new phone. You can use the $200 as a down payment on the new device, but NOT the $100 gift card.

As for the pre-order guarantee... no, you are not guaranteed, but then again, no carrier guarantees it. The difference with Target is that you are NOT actually preordering the device. You are reserving one of their units. What does that mean.. with a pre-order via a carrier, and even best buy I believe, you actually handle the financial and upgrade issues first, then come in and pick up your device. With Target and Sams club, you are only reserving one of their initial units for yourself, and then you come in and do all of the financial and account stuff then. If you don't pick it up within a certain amount of time after your notified, then you forfeit the device and it goes back into store stock. I actually have units reserved at both Sams and Target, because i found out about the target offer after I already reserved the sams one. I will call this week and cancel the sams one.

I pre-ordered my Note 4 directly from AT&T and they didn't fulfill the order until 3 days after the release, and then 2 days of shipping. Of course I walked into a store and picked one up on release day, once I realized it wasn't coming, and then returned the "pre ordered" one when it finally arrived.

I'm not worried about target, I think in most cases they will be fine on release day.
    Yea, I don't see a $900+ device (that isn't an iPhone) causing massive crowds. The only issue would be if they get their shipment at all per store. I only found 1 Target store around me in a 20 mile radius that even will have the AT&T model. Seems most all Target's only have the VZW model unless that changes as the release day nears.

Their trade-in offer borders on misleading though when they state "any working smartphone." You have to look pretty hard to find how limited the acceptable devices are. They could have easily said "Any working smartphone on our list."
    08-07-2016 05:52 PM
    Very limited. I was looking to dump an old cheap Samsung but not on the list. "ANY" Smartphone is quite misleading. Maybe the title of this thread needs to be clarified to "ANY SMARTPHONE ON THEIR LIST"
    $25 for my iPhone 5C, $122 for my LG V10... so much for this deal.

What phones actually qualify for the full $200 ?
    08-07-2016 06:05 PM
    If you preorder from Target, you will get a $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for any working smartphone trade in. You also qualify for the free fit 2 or 256gb microSD card.

Preorder Note 7 from Target (ATT/Verizon/Sprint) +Gear fit2 or 256gb +100 gift card +200gift card with trade in - Slickdeals.net
    Might want to change the title to any working smartphone trade in from a specific list. I have 3 working smartphones sitting around and none of them are eligible.
    08-07-2016 06:16 PM
    I already pre ordered at Best Buy so I'm not even going to bother changing it now, Black one with Sprint.
    08-07-2016 06:46 PM
    No, it's worth $200 if you get a note. It just won't show until the 19th, when they go on sale.
    Really? I went to the site, chose my phone from the list, and it came up with $40. How did I screw it up? Or was that simply a generic trade in value for any phone?
    08-07-2016 06:55 PM
    Really? I went to the site, chose my phone from the list, and it came up with $40. How did I screw it up? Or was that simply a generic trade in value for any phone?
    Generic. It's not live until the Note's release day
    08-07-2016 07:20 PM
    The site has nothing to do with this deal. It's a $200 deal when you do it in the store (so I am told). The site only shows you the eligible phones. Ignore what you see as trade-n values.
    boufa likes this.
    08-07-2016 07:21 PM
    Looking at the trade in site, I see tablets are also included. I have a old G1 iPad 64GB wifi/3G in excellent condition that I no longer use. It is included in that list and shows a value of $15 or so. Could I trade that in for $200 credit? I still don't understand that $200 offer vs the calculated trade in value.

Edit: oh, I see. Thanks MisterEd. So maybe my iPad will work for the trade. I was going to wait and check out the V20 and the Marlin, but this might convince me to not wait! I think I'll have to run by target tomorrow and find out about this offer. How long does it last?
    08-07-2016 07:23 PM
    Generic. It's not live until the Note's release day
    Ok. So is this a pre-order or a trade in deal on release day?

Edit: never mind. Checking stores within 50 miles, none carry AT&T models. (Link in the OP)
    08-07-2016 07:32 PM
    Might want to change the title to any working smartphone trade in from a specific list. I have 3 working smartphones sitting around and none of them are eligible.
    Fixed
    08-07-2016 09:12 PM
    Target retail is $50 higher than carriers, so that offsets some of the deal. The list of devices if hilariously specific. IE, they are not counting on eating much money with trade ins.
    08-07-2016 09:24 PM
    Target retail is $50 higher than carriers, so that offsets some of the deal. The list of devices if hilariously specific. IE, they are not counting on eating much money with trade ins.
    Like everything else in life, not every offer fits every person. Some people love the AT&T offer of a second rate tablet, and a soon to be outdated watch, plus the privilege of having to pay $20 extra per month for 2 years to get them.

For me, the Note 2 is on the list for $30 (my daughters phone, she is getting my Note 5 when I get the 7). The deal is worth it then. Also the $50 extra can be offset using the trade in value gift cards. As an AT&T customer, there really are not a lot of great options. Sams Club would be OK, but I would have to buy a membership, cutting it down. Everyone else is basically the memory card or the watch... and you still get them via target.
    08-07-2016 09:36 PM
    This deal may convince me to get the note 7. I was 99% sure I would not buy it because I have the S7Edge. Didn't see much of a difference. I want to make sure any phone can be used to receive the full $200 so i'll wait for confirmation. Subscribing to the thread.
    08-08-2016 06:51 AM
    I stopped by a Super Target today to check on this promo. Apparently, a vendor runs the mobile phone sections in the Super Target stores. And unfortunately, I was unable to find out any info about this promo. My local Target is not a Super Target and only carries the pre-pay phones so I had to travel to a nearby city to a Super Target in hopes of finding out more about the promo.

Bottom line, I learned nothing about the promo after making an in-person visit to Target. The only thing that popped up in store was a $100 Target GiftCard and a free Gear Fit2 or 256GB Samsung memory card. Nothing at all about the $200 Target gift card.

I don't know if the promo has already changed or if they simply were unaware of any other promos in the system.

I also stopped by BestBuy but they were too busy with only one CSR manning the cell phone area. So I gave up waiting on them.
    08-08-2016 01:53 PM
    How do you pre-order thru Target website?
    08-08-2016 02:59 PM
    I stopped by a Super Target today to check on this promo. Apparently, a vendor runs the mobile phone sections in the Super Target stores. And unfortunately, I was unable to find out any info about this promo. My local Target is not a Super Target and only carries the pre-pay phones so I had to travel to a nearby city to a Super Target in hopes of finding out more about the promo.

Bottom line, I learned nothing about the promo after making an in-person visit to Target. The only thing that popped up in store was a $100 Target GiftCard and a free Gear Fit2 or 256GB Samsung memory card. Nothing at all about the $200 Target gift card.

I don't know if the promo has already changed or if they simply were unaware of any other promos in the system.

I also stopped by BestBuy but they were too busy with only one CSR manning the cell phone area. So I gave up waiting on them.
    They don't have a clue. Once the phones are available they will have the details. Just bring in a print out of the online promo and the confirmation email you got that shows it.

BTW, Target Mobile used to be part of Radio Shack. A friend of mine worked there and I met the District Manager. This was about 5 years ago, Not sure what happened after Rat Shack sold out to a bunch of investors called Standard Brands but Spint has somehting to do with it from what I understand from my Broker.
    08-08-2016 08:38 PM
    How do you pre-order thru Target website?
    If the phone is available at the store you choose (it more than likely won't be unless you want Verizon) you select the color and fill out the form. If the store you select doesn't have the phone you won't be able to preorder. Keep trying various stores. The nearest one I found was 40 miles RT..
    08-08-2016 08:48 PM
    They don't have a clue. Once the phones are available they will have the details. Just bring in a print out of the online promo and the confirmation email you got that shows it.
    I am unable to discover the details of the promo. Will myG1 iPad work for a trade in? It's on the list of acceptable trade-ins on their trade-in page (worth about $15 vs the $40 my GS4 is worth). The CSR did not think it qualified and thought it had to be a late model smart phone of some sort. But what I see here is that the trade-in value has no bearing on the $200 guarantee. So if my $40 GS4 is worth a $200 gift card, then my $15 G1 iPad should be too methinks.

If this is a pre-order promo, it can't wait until they have the phones in stock. And I'm not trading in my GS4. I need it for other things. If there are two different promos, one pre-order and one post-product arrival, then it's not very clear that is the case.

I think I'll just sit this one out until the dust clears... or until I have some understanding of the promo(s).

Oh yeah, that was the other thing. I checked 5 or 6 stores within a 30 mile radius. All I saw were VZW phones and 1 store also had a Sprint phone. None had AT&T. So it may all be a moot point anyway.
    08-08-2016 08:52 PM
217 1234 ...