08-22-2016 07:22 PM
217 12345 ...
tools
    How does this deal work when one wants to do a 2 year upgrade?
    plus one on that question, I'm preordered at Target, being on Sprint and having an upgrade available, , no way would I pay full price....
    08-09-2016 08:50 AM
    So, any phone on their list, will they give you a $200 gift card or what they appraise it for?
    My Note 4 from Tmobile got a calculated value of $84, so curious if for this promotion they'll still give me $200 or simply a $84 gift card???

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2016 09:51 AM
    So, any phone on their list, will they give you a $200 gift card or what they appraise it for?
    My Note 4 from Tmobile got a calculated value of $84, so curious if for this promotion they'll still give me $200 or simply a $84 gift card???

They will give $200 for qualifying phones. Unfortunately there is no list of phones posted. But I would imagine that the note 4 would be ok
    08-09-2016 09:55 AM
    They will give $200 for qualifying phones. Unfortunately there is no list of phones posted. But I would imagine that the note 4 would be ok
    Yes, there is a list. If it's on their trade in site right now. Regardless of what it says they would pay you, you'll get $200.
    dpham00 likes this.
    08-09-2016 12:32 PM
    Yes, there is a list. If it's on their trade in site right now. Regardless of what it says they would pay you, you'll get $200.
    Ah i didn't know that.
    08-09-2016 01:07 PM
    Can you confirm it includes tablets on that list too?
    08-09-2016 01:11 PM
    Just a guess but I would think it wouldn't include tablets. When I pre-ordered with Target I got an email with the following:
    "Get money back on your old phone. When you purchase and activate your Note7 between 8/19 and 8/27, get a guaranteed $200 trade in value with any working smartphone Target electronics trade-in program. Details on applicable trade in devices available at https://targettrade-in.com"

It only states a working phone.
    08-09-2016 01:16 PM
    I bought a used working Samsung Jitterbug Touch 3 on eBay for $30. That was the cheapest listed phone I could find that was on their list (and I checked them all). That's the "senior citizen" CDMA phone that only works on GreatCall service, My 89yr old father actually has one. I figure for a net of $170 it was worth it. Worse case, if they don't take it, I can resell it or give it to him for when he breaks his (again).
    08-09-2016 01:28 PM
    Is Best Buy doing any special deals for pre order??

08-09-2016 01:49 PM
    Mr. Ed,

That was a very rare find. The cheapest phones on the list are about 50-75 used. Mind you they cannot have broken screens or water damage, and must power up.
    08-09-2016 02:40 PM
    Does anyone have any past experience with Target promos and Sprint contract (2 year) pricing? I'd like to stick with Target for the $150 gift card and $200 phone trade in. We're due for an upgrade and are planning on getting 2 Note 7s but can't find any real details on how this all works.

Thought about the Sam's Club deal but saw fine print that says something about "one gift card per phone activated on installment". I'm hoping Target isn't the same. The other option would just be a Sprint preorder. They waive the fees on Sprint.com, which they may not do at Target. Thanks for any feedback. Worst case, we'll just go into Target (assuming they actually get enough phones) and figure it out next week. Thanks!
    08-09-2016 06:49 PM
    Mr. Ed,

That was a very rare find. The cheapest phones on the list are about 50-75 used. Mind you they cannot have broken screens or water damage, and must power up.
    Well, it wasn't a rare find (there are lots of them on the 'bay) just the $30 price was the hot deal (actually it was $36 because I paid an optional $6 for Priority Shipping but it was $30 with free standard shipping). . Allegedly it's working and in "very good" condition. Worse case is I also have a Pre-Order at SAMS so I can drive down there if Target doesn't work out but there is no reason it shouldn't unless they take off that device from their "approved" list.
    08-09-2016 07:29 PM
    I spoke to a person a month ago. My daughter was looking for a s7 edge.. then changed her mind. The trade in deals can be used towards the new phone, but the $100 (its only 100, you have 150 noted in your post) cannot be used towards the purchase of the device. I was not buying outright, so I don't know if installments are necessary, or if you can pay outright.

I can tell you that so far I am very unimpressed with Target Cellular. They never seem to be there. There is only 1 person, and when they are there it seem like they are always with another customer. When you ask specific questions about upgrading, they don't seem to know the answers, much less understand the programs. I am hoping I am being too harsh, and I am going to pack my patience, and get through it. So long as I walk out the door with my phone and my gift cards, I will let the details play out as the may. Personally, you need to ask yourself if the $300 is worth the hassle. I also have a couple reserved at Sam's club, and my first phone call with the new Note 7 from Target will be to release the reserve... however, I am very willing to walk out of target if I have to.. and head to sams.
    08-09-2016 11:08 PM
    Just to be clear, the Target deal for $300 in gift cards in comprised of 2 separate deals:
    1) N7 pre-order promo offers the N7 with either the Fit2 or 256GB SD card and $100 GC
    2) Target trade-in program offers $200 guaranteed (?) when you trade in a working cell phone and activate service on a new smartphone.

Where #2 gets muddy for me is at the bottom of the trade-in page where it lists approved devices for trade-in: phones on the left and tablets on the right.

My old GS4 is valued at $40. My old(er) Gen 1 iPad/64Gb 3g is worth $15. Both are listed on the trade-in device program. I don't know how/if the $200 guarantee applies to either... or to just the cell phone... or neither. I haven't found the fine-print for that guarantee yet. All I wish to trade is my iPad. And, the N7 is also priced at $899 at Target iirc... about $49 higher than list. Although AT&T lists it for $880 themselves.

And one last caveat, the Target stores in my area only seem to carry the VZW version. The sole exception adds a Sprint version. None appear to carry the AT&T version, which is applicable to me. And TMo does not participate in this Target deal.
    08-10-2016 06:52 AM
    #releasetheNote7.
    08-10-2016 07:00 AM
    #releasetheNote7.
    #IamSOsickOfTwitter

Shepx13 likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:01 AM
    I spoke to a person a month ago. My daughter was looking for a s7 edge.. then changed her mind. The trade in deals can be used towards the new phone, but the $100 (its only 100, you have 150 noted in your post) cannot be used towards the purchase of the device. I was not buying outright, so I don't know if installments are necessary, or if you can pay outright.

I can tell you that so far I am very unimpressed with Target Cellular. They never seem to be there. There is only 1 person, and when they are there it seem like they are always with another customer. When you ask specific questions about upgrading, they don't seem to know the answers, much less understand the programs. I am hoping I am being too harsh, and I am going to pack my patience, and get through it. So long as I walk out the door with my phone and my gift cards, I will let the details play out as the may. Personally, you need to ask yourself if the $300 is worth the hassle. I also have a couple reserved at Sam's club, and my first phone call with the new Note 7 from Target will be to release the reserve... however, I am very willing to walk out of target if I have to.. and head to sams.
    I so agree on the "quality" of Target Mobile employees. I purchased a iPhone 6S for my wife there a couple weeks ago (because of $150 gift card) it went smoothly but the kid working there didn't have a clue. I want to buy at Target because I want to use the $150 GC from the iPhone. I'm sure my wife would be happy to spend it if I purchased elsewhere.

It seems in NJ only a couple Target stores in Bergen & Passaic county offer the AT&T version. Everyone else within 50 miles is VZW.
    08-10-2016 08:08 AM
    Just to be clear, the Target deal for $300 in gift cards in comprised of 2 separate deals:
    1) N7 pre-order promo offers the N7 with either the Fit2 or 256GB SD card and $100 GC
    2) Target trade-in program offers $200 guaranteed (?) when you trade in a working cell phone and activate service on a new smartphone.

Where #2 gets muddy for me is at the bottom of the trade-in page where it lists approved devices for trade-in: phones on the left and tablets on the right.

My old GS4 is valued at $40. My old(er) Gen 1 iPad/64Gb 3g is worth $15. Both are listed on the trade-in device program. I don't know how/if the $200 guarantee applies to either... or to just the cell phone... or neither. I haven't found the fine-print for that guarantee yet. All I wish to trade is my iPad. And, the N7 is also priced at $899 at Target iirc... about $49 higher than list. Although AT&T lists it for $880 themselves.

And one last caveat, the Target stores in my area only seem to carry the VZW version. The sole exception adds a Sprint version. None appear to carry the AT&T version, which is applicable to me. And TMo does not participate in this Target deal.
    It is definitely store by store on what they carry. I had to reserve one about 35 miles away on the other side of the city. 6 closer targets didn't have at&t for pre order.
    08-10-2016 08:08 AM
    I'm going to attempt the target offers for this phone. I don't have a phone for the $200 credit so I'm buying and LG rebel (which is on the list) for $50 from best buy and applying my $15 BB rewards certificate to it. So costing me $37 bucks to get $200 back. So getting $263 back plus the Samsung extras makes it an excellent deal. Black on AT&T BTW.

Jcblack3310 likes this.
    08-10-2016 01:33 PM

The offer says $200 on smartphones. I wouldn't bank on tablets being included. In my pre-order email it specifically says smartphone as someone posted above and even the promo says smartphones. So I wouldn't count on tablets. Hope I'm wrong but all signs point to smart phones only.

08-10-2016 01:35 PM
    I'm going to attempt the target offers for this phone. I don't have a phone for the $200 credit so I'm buying and LG rebel (which is on the list) for $50 from best buy and applying my $15 BB rewards certificate to it. So costing me $37 bucks to get $200 back. So getting $263 back plus the Samsung extras makes it an excellent deal. Black on AT&T BTW.

Awesome tip. I'm going to do the same. But if you have to pay 50 and then pay another 40 for targets higher price is does start to whittle the discount down.
    08-10-2016 02:44 PM
    Awesome tip. I'm going to do the same. But if you have to pay 50 and then pay another 40 for targets higher price is does start to whittle the discount down.
    Yeah it does but still comes out better than the other offers since I'm on ATT and the price difference is only $20. So adjust another $20 to account for this and $243 is still great.

08-10-2016 03:12 PM
    Yeah it does but still comes out better than the other offers since I'm on ATT and the price difference is only $20. So adjust another $20 to account for this and $243 is still great.

Yep and eBay the sd card for another Hundy (I hope)
    08-10-2016 05:06 PM
    Checked with a rep today. Had questions. I'm going to upgrade an old line and keep my note 5 when I pay it off. The problem becomes a friend's phone. She is passed the point on next to trade it in and get a new phone, but not yet paid off. I was told by the att rep directly that Sam's and target can't do that, only att stores and best buy. So I'm screwed...well not me, but my soon to be jealous friend.
    08-10-2016 06:56 PM
    I signed up for the "preorder" as there seems to be no downside to doing so. I was torn between this and the next iPhone. They don't take any credit card info, so I'm not on the hook for anything anyway.

Does anyone know if opting for the Fit Gear makes you on the hook for another Verizon data plan?

There seems to be conflicting views on what phone you can trade in. If they give me $200 for my HTC Thunderbolt I'll be laughing my way out the door.
    08-10-2016 09:04 PM
217 12345 ...