Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping to get an email notice from Target that my pre-order is ready on Friday, or sooner. If anyone gets it early please update us here. I'm interested to know.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
You can still get the $200 trade in without pre-ordering.

Right, but that's available year-round, correct? I believe pre-orders are now closed. The reason I made the comment was that it sounded like people were still going for the pre-order after it was announced here that pre-orders were closed.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Right, but that's available year-round, correct? I believe pre-orders are now closed. The reason I made the comment was that it sounded like people were still going for the pre-order after it was announced here that pre-orders were closed.
The guaranteed $200 trade in (provided the phone is on their list) is only good till the 27th. But you don't have to pre-order to get it.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
The guaranteed $200 trade in (provided the phone is on their list) is only good till the 27th. But you don't have to pre-order to get it.

Gotcha and good point! Else the trade is worth whatever pittance their online estimator provides, I assume. Hmm. That does tighten the screws a bit when considering new phone options at this time. $200 for something I no longer use would go a long way towards mitigating the high cost of the N7.

I'm still gonna hold out and see what the Nexus line has to offer.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I should point out the pre-orderes closed so that they can get the appropriate stock distributed to the stores. Target doesn't carry a lot of back stock on these devices, so that only ship what they will need... or close to it. I was told by the samsung rep at best buy that they were going to be doing the same thing with store pickup pre-orders also. Their logistics people have to be able to send the right numbers to each location.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I should point out the pre-orderes closed so that they can get the appropriate stock distributed to the stores. Target doesn't carry a lot of back stock on these devices, so that only ship what they will need... or close to it. I was told by the samsung rep at best buy that they were going to be doing the same thing with store pickup pre-orders also. Their logistics people have to be able to send the right numbers to each location.

I wonder if emails will arrive tomorrow or Thursday AM? Anyone ever used Targer for preorder?

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes because they are not idiots. You can buy a prepaid phone for 50 bucks... They are not going to give you $200 for a phone you just bought new for $50.

FIRST of all why does ONLY THIS FORUM (Androidcentral) constantly lock up my FIREFOX browser on my PC with SCRIPT ERRORS?? I have to force close Firefox at least 2 times every session. This does not happen on any other forum EVER over the last many years. The delayed typing response is constant as well. Doesn't and never has happened anywhere else. Just here.

Back on topic:

That response makes little sense because 3/4s of the devices listed only have a $20-$40 trade-in value and they are giving you $200 for it. There are prepaid iPhones, Galaxy's and many others. The $200 is a gimmick and has no bearing on what kind of phone it is as long as it is listed in their list. I have already used a prepaid phone for trade last year (got $100) which was worth $3 on their list and was a Walmart $45 phone. I am turning in a Samsung Jitterbug 3 which is ONLY a prepaid phone and specifically listed on their list and even shows the name of the prepaid service (GREATCALL). I got it off eBay for $40 including shipping. If they don't accept it I have plenty of screen prints and will write a lot of letters.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes because they are not idiots. You can buy a prepaid phone for 50 bucks... They are not going to give you $200 for a phone you just bought new for $50.

Yes they will. It's because getting the activation and giving you $200 to buy from their store is better than not having the business at all

Posted via the Android Central App

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I also think Friday is going to be a major disaster with Target. The employees barely have a clue, the say they will only call you **IF** they have a phone for you and **NOT** call you if they do not. Preorders are not guaranteed and you need to sit home and wait for a phone call from them telling you that there is a phone for you. If not .... keep sitting. At least that's what the clueless teenage employee at the Clifton NJ Target says when we were there shopping today. Oh, they are only opened after 11AM and close for lunch and breaks (no set time) because "there is only 1 employee."

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I also think Friday is going to be a major disaster with Target. The employees barely have a clue, the say they will only call you **IF** they have a phone for you and **NOT** call you if they do not. Preorders are not guaranteed and you need to sit home and wait for a phone call from them telling you that there is a phone for you. If not .... keep sitting. At least that's what the clueless teenage employee at the Clifton NJ Target says when we were there shopping today. Oh, they are only opened after 11AM and close for lunch and breaks (no set time) because "there is only 1 employee."

Ugg...this sounds like it will be fun. The gal I spoke with said she didnt think there were many preorders. (This was that first week)

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am expecting a disaster as well. I absolutely love target, but the mobile people seem off to me. I am betting that even with the promo, it will not be too busy. I forget how many pre orders were expected for the note 7, but if you divide them evenly over every retail outlet, and carrier store, it isn't that much. And target is a secondary selling location...the carriers and best buy got most of the business. Especially on at&t since you cannot turn in a next plan device early at target. (My friend and I were both going to go to target, but he has a phone to turn in, and target won't take it...so he had to pre order at best buy)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad