Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
If the deal wasn't so good, I wouldn't screw around with them. But $200 plus the gift card is a significant savings even if it's a debacle. Now, tomorrow morning at 10am when Target hasn't called and the ATT store a block away from my office has Note 7's ready to go, it will be the ultimate test of will power. Must. Resist.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If the deal wasn't so good, I wouldn't screw around with them. But $200 plus the gift card is a significant savings even if it's a debacle. Now, tomorrow morning at 10am when Target hasn't called and the ATT store a block away from my office has Note 7's ready to go, it will be the ultimate test of will power. Must. Resist.

Remember, target mobile doesn't even open until 11am.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Anyone who preordered get any type of email? Have a samsung s5 with broken screen,I imagine that doesn't qualify. Am considering craigslisting a phone today but I haven't received an email from target. Is the preorder email all we'll get?
And instead of craigslisting can I just buy a prepaid phone in target?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who preordered get any type of email? Have a samsung s5 with broken screen,I imagine that doesn't qualify. Am considering craigslisting a phone today but I haven't received an email from target. Is the preorder email all we'll get?
And instead of craigslisting can I just buy a prepaid phone in target?

Yes, that is all you get. The pre-order is not the same as best buy. When you do their pre-order, you are physically making a financial commitment. You pay (depending on the carrier) and a device is yours. With Target, you are only making a reservation for a unit. They (in theory) will ship the appopriate units to the stores, and one will be on hold with your name on it. If you don't pick it up within the time frame, it simply goes back into stock for someone else to get it. I currently have one on reservation at Target and Sams club. I did sams first, and then I found out about the target deal. I called sams to cancel and they said no need to cancel, because if I don't pick it up, they will sell it to someone else.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh, dont they email us too?

According to the store I shop at they ONLY SEND AN EMAIL **IF** there is one in for you and NO EMAIL if there is no phone for you. That means (according to the sales-kiddie in the dept) you can sit home all day waiting for an email and never get one. She also said they will check them in early AM Friday (but uhhhh, they don't open until 11AM). If I hear nothing by noon I'll just go to Sam's where I preordered as well as they SEEM a bit more organized. I lose the $200 trade buy gain an extra $50 on the GC and an extra $20 on the waived activation so it's not really THAT awful.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Agree we just need to be patient and wait for the email, then rush to Target to get the Note 7.
You are forgetting that you also get a $100 Target gift card for pre-ordering the Note 7. So that's up to $300 in savings missed out. $100 pre order
GC and up to $200 on trade in

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My local target is clueless as well. They claim they don't have any phones in and don't know when they are getting them. Super annoying. Makes me want to bag it. That and I have little confidence they will actually give me the 200 credit. Making it worse my best buy is showing shiny blue coral in stock for 10 am pickup.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My Sam's club pre-order got delayed already. At least they sent an email and a $50 extra GC for the inconvenience although I'd prefer my Target order comes through.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone just going to go into Target when they open this morning and see what the story is? My store opens at 8 am. I live 5 min away so I have nothing to lose. Can't hurt to try.

Posted via the Android Central App

Burtonpopo

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone just going to go into Target when they open this morning and see what the story is? My store opens at 8 am. I live 5 min away so I have nothing to lose. Can't hurt to try.

Posted via the Android Central App

You should do it and update us! Unfortunately my target is not as close and doesn't open until 9, and I have to be at work at 830

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Target mobile opens at 11am in most places. I don't expect to hear much until noon ish when the get in settled, and go through their stuff.

I am hoping for the best, but it feels a little like buying for a guy out of the back of a truck in an alley. I absolutely love target, but the phone business doesn't seem to be living up to the standards that target normally lives up to.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I went to my target at 10 when they open mobile. Shocker - they didn't have any phones. They didn't know if they were getting them or not. wasted an hour of my life. Then I went to best buy for my "back up" preorder and they also did not have any phones other than silver which doesn't work for me. For $900, I'm getting the one I want.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind waiting a few days to get the gift cards, $300 is nothing to sneeze at. But the Gear Fit 2 deal only lasts for so long, so they better be quick getting them.

Last edited:

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My Target preorder store said (and I quote): "Don't call us, we'll call you." And also insinuated I shouldn't hold my breath.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Target mobile opens at 11am in most places. I don't expect to hear much until noon ish when the get in settled, and go through their stuff.

I am hoping for the best, but it feels a little like buying for a guy out of the back of a truck in an alley. I absolutely love target, but the phone business doesn't seem to be living up to the standards that target normally lives up to.

The problem here is "Target Mobile" (other than paying rental for square footage in their stores) has no connection with Target. They are strictly a private independent company leasing space in stores. They were wholly owned by Radio Shack but not sure who owns them now that Radio Shack pretty much has gone OOB.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I came in the thread expecting exciting news and factual information about the Target offer. Smh this launch hasnt been great for the Note unless you pre-ordered from a carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary