Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
^^^^^

That sucks. Your phone is still on the list. Make a screen print showing the screen clock with the date and time.

The Samsung phone I was going to trade was removed from their trade-in website as of sometime overnight. They also ADDED a bunch of other Sammy's. I guess they are doing some updating. The whole trade-in deal was flaky to begin with because it was kind of misleading (other than the fine print). You have a legit gripe though because your device is still listed.

So much for that deal. I'm going to stick with Sam's preorder (if it ever comes in). $150 GC + another $50 GC + waived activation fee is a better deal then ONLY $100 from Target. Since the phone is no longer on their site I can't really complain despite the fact it was there when I preordered and up till last night. I also have an iPhone 5S but I'll still do better at SAM's and selling the iPhone privately on Swappa.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
^^^^^

That sucks. Your phone is still on the list. Make a screen print showing the screen clock with the date and time.

The Samsung phone I was going to trade was removed from their trade-in website as of sometime overnight. They also ADDED a bunch of other Sammy's. I guess they are doing some updating. The whole trade-in deal was flaky to begin with because it was kind of misleading (other than the fine print). You have a legit gripe though because your device is still listed.

So much for that deal. I'm going to stick with Sam's preorder (if it ever comes in). $150 GC + another $50 GC + waived activation fee is a better deal then ONLY $100 from Target. Since the phone is no longer on their site I can't really complain despite the fact it was there when I preordered and up till last night. I also have an iPhone 5S but I'll still do better at SAM's and selling the iPhone privately on Swappa.

What's the extra $50 gift card from Sam's? I've done some calling and got someone from Target Corporate customer service to tell me to wait until Monday, since it's a business day (seemed to think that might make a difference for some reason). I tried calling just regular customer service at the store I went to, and got Guest Services, and the person seemed to want to help, but can't do anything with electronics, so told me to call electronics, who I've already talked to. I might try calling the Target Mobile at the other store close to me, see if I can get someone with more knowledge on the subject. If I'm able to get $200 in gift cards from Sam's, plus the waived activation, I may just do that though.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
What's the extra $50 gift card from Sam's? I've done some calling and got someone from Target Corporate customer service to tell me to wait until Monday, since it's a business day (seemed to think that might make a difference for some reason). I tried calling just regular customer service at the store I went to, and got Guest Services, and the person seemed to want to help, but can't do anything with electronics, so told me to call electronics, who I've already talked to. I might try calling the Target Mobile at the other store close to me, see if I can get someone with more knowledge on the subject. If I'm able to get $200 in gift cards from Sam's, plus the waived activation, I may just do that though.

Nevermind, I looked at the Sam's Club thread and figured it out. I strangely never got that e-mail, about the extra $50 gift card, even though I didn't get notification of my pre-order until today.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I looked at the Sam's Club thread and figured it out. I strangely never got that e-mail, about the extra $50 gift card, even though I didn't get notification of my pre-order until today.
Maybe you will still get the $50GC. They said it will be sent in a week. Did you check your SPAM? Are you a SAM's member? NO ONE has called me yet. Not 2 X Targets or SAM's. This whole thing is a cluster-fart. I could walk into any AT&T or T-Mo and walk out with one.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you will still get the $50GC. They said it will be sent in a week. Did you check your SPAM? Are you a SAM's member? NO ONE has called me yet. Not 2 X Targets or SAM's. This whole thing is a cluster-fart. I could walk into any AT&T or T-Mo and walk out with one.

I am a Sam's member, although the membership is under my wife's name, not mine, so I guess that could be the problem. Despite them actually having at least one Black AT&T Note 7 in stock at the Target I pre-ordered at, I still haven't gotten a phone call or anything. I got a call about 11:30 today that my phone was in at Sam's Club, I was a little surprised since I hadn't gotten anything since getting my waitlist e-mail.

I have made a little progress on Target. I called the other store in my area, and told the Target Mobile person there the issue, and she looked it up and said that I should be able to use it. Then, after putting in the IMEI, noticed that it wasn't giving her the option to do the $200 gift card either, and wasn't sure why. She is going to call the company that actually does the phone exchange and try to figure out what the deal is. So, I'm not sure what's going to happen with that, but at least I can feel like I've been given a final answer. I think whoever the person I talked to last called and was told that I could use that phone needs to step in and just give me the $200 gift card regardless, but I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

As far as general stock of the phone in my area, there seems to be a decent amount. I went to Best Buy today to look at the demo devices again, to see if I would be okay with the Silver if the Black didn't end up coming in, and they had some in stock there(saw a guy leaving the store with a non-AT&T model, in the standard black box), as well as in the Best Buy Mobile store in the mall near me. Haven't checked any carrier stores, but I know Target at least has a few as does apparently Sam's, so for whatever reason stock doesn't seem to be a huge problem around me.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got my e-mail from Target that my pre-order is in, even though I pretty much already knew that. Still trying to figure out the trade-in deal.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Called my not so local target for my black colored AT&T pre-order. They only have the silver in now. Rep said they get orders in everyday and they will notify me when they are in.... Hope it's soon I'm going away Wed.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Called Target just now, did manage to confirm that I AM on the preorder list. They got a total of two ATT phones today. I am Sprint. Probably won't get any on Sunday. Did remind me I had 48 hours to pick it up once notified.

Last edited:

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Came by to pick up my phone and this is there. It's 6:06 current time. So I have to wait 45 mins. Really???

Picture didn't upload. There is a sign that says will return at 6:52.

Attachments

• 1987.jpg
    1987.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 19

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Came by to pick up my phone and this is there. It's 6:06 current time. So I have to wait 45 mins. Really???

Picture didn't upload. There is a sign that says will return at 6:52.

Same thing happens for lunch and break. It's a 1 kid operation. I had to come back after about an hour for my wife's iPhone 6s 2 weeks ago. Obviously they still have the Radio Shack feel.

TIE1138

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for converting these target cards for cash or other gift cards? I tried to use them to purchase some prepaid Visa's but their systems wouldn't allow it. I do know of services like CardPool and CardCash, but I would prefer an as-close to interest free exchange as possible.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions for converting these target cards for cash or other gift cards? I tried to use them to purchase some prepaid Visa's but their systems wouldn't allow it. I do know of services like CardPool and CardCash, but I would prefer an as-close to interest free exchange as possible.

Good luck. I don't think any stores will take their own gift cards for visa (etc) cards any more due to money laundering regulations. At some stores you can buy other gift cards (restaurants cards, gasoline cards etc) but even that is pretty much done. Hardly anyone does that anymore either. I used to be able to buy VISA GC's at walmart.com with Walmart GC's I got from credit card bonuses but from what I have been reading even that has stopped. Maybe you have a friend or neighbor who would take them for a smaller discount than the online resellers give.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Might as well use the card at target to buy stuff that you were going to buy anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

TIE1138

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. I don't think any stores will take their own gift cards for visa (etc) cards any more due to money laundering regulations. At some stores you can buy other gift cards (restaurants cards, gasoline cards etc) but even that is pretty much done. Hardly anyone does that anymore either. I used to be able to buy VISA GC's at walmart.com with Walmart GC's I got from credit card bonuses but from what I have been reading even that has stopped. Maybe you have a friend or neighbor who would take them for a smaller discount than the online resellers give.

Yeah, I think that's my best bet. I'll see if I can get anyone interested.

Might as well use the card at target to buy stuff that you were going to buy anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

That's true, and I would probably do that if this were a smaller giftcard for under $50, but with a $300 giftcard I would rather buy something I usually would have to save up for, like some photography equipment from Amazon. If I can't find anyone to buy the card, I'll probably just end up going to Cardpool.com and exchange it for an Amazon card at a 14% hit.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I live in Florida and was checking the best buy stores and ALL of them have stock. My dilemma is I lose the ability to get $300 from Target, but potentially lose the Samsung gift. Or have my gratification and get the dang phone.
I am ordered in silver at Target even though id prefer black which is at bestbuy

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
When I pick up my phone last night from Target the guy told me they only got in 3 ATT branded phones and 2 Sprint phones. Said I was number 1 on the list and there are 7 people waiting for their phones to come in. The guy also gave me an extra $5 gift card since I actually helped him through the activation process. It was actually very painless and one of the easiest phone activation I've done.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I live in Florida and was checking the best buy stores and ALL of them have stock. My dilemma is I lose the ability to get $300 from Target, but potentially lose the Samsung gift. Or have my gratification and get the dang phone.
I am ordered in silver at Target even though id prefer black which is at bestbuy

Why would you lose the samsung gift?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol