Target preorder : Get $100 gift card plus $200 gift card for smartphone trade in (specific models)

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I live in Florida and was checking the best buy stores and ALL of them have stock. My dilemma is I lose the ability to get $300 from Target, but potentially lose the Samsung gift. Or have my gratification and get the dang phone.
I am ordered in silver at Target even though id prefer black which is at bestbuy

Wait a few days. I was impatient and picked up at Best Buy and I've been regretting missing the gift card. Main reason I picked up at Best Buy was to get the sd card our of fear that samsung would hit the allotment for pre orders. Best Buy didn't have the sd card in store and it is on a 4 week backorder so I would have been better off if I waited.

Pippinsky

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
See my post under main note forums. " best buy. Great experience" and get your note today! Goodbye Target
And for some reason, only had silver for sprint at my target, ended up with the sexy black I wanted. 😊

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll go pick mine up tomorrow at lunch. So far though I have been very impressed with the professionalism of the person I've been talking to on the phone.

aenokea

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My Target experience was pretty good. Got a phone call friday to pick up my phone but couldnt until Sunday. Went down with my trade in phone, fully expecting to have a hard time, but was pleasantly surprised. He checked my trade and confirmed my $200 allowance. Then he proceeded to get my info when I told him I wanted to pay for the entire amount. He told me that probably wouldnt be allowed but assured me that nothing would change with my data plan (grandfathered unlimited). I ended up paying $849 of the $879 total with monthly installments of $1.25. I can live with that! Also got my $100 gift card at the end! Just now filled out the memory card offer on the Samsung website. I hope that one comes through!
Overall a good day.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious if you guys are using any kind of screen protector with a case like Speck Candy Shell Grip or Spigen. I noticed one YouTube review of a glass protector and it did not work well with a Spigen case or something similar.

Last edited:

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My Target experience was pretty good. Got a phone call friday to pick up my phone but couldnt until Sunday. Went down with my trade in phone, fully expecting to have a hard time, but was pleasantly surprised. He checked my trade and confirmed my $200 allowance. Then he proceeded to get my info when I told him I wanted to pay for the entire amount. He told me that probably wouldnt be allowed but assured me that nothing would change with my data plan (grandfathered unlimited). I ended up paying $849 of the $879 total with monthly installments of $1.25. I can live with that! Also got my $100 gift card at the end! Just now filled out the memory card offer on the Samsung website. I hope that one comes through!
Overall a good day.
Target doesn't hand you the memory card or Gear Fit on the spot? Or were they out of stock and told you to request online?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Target doesn't hand you the memory card or Gear Fit on the spot? Or were they out of stock and told you to request online?

Only best buy provided them on the spot, the rest of the retailer/carriers required online form/proof of purchase documentation.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was very disappointed in Target. I had a feeling this wasn't going to work out. If I had wanted a phone other than on launch day, I wouldn't have wasted the time pre-ordering it. I pre-ordered, had to find a store about 45 miles away to have the color and carrier I wanted. Passed on all other pre-order offers.

Then of course, they didn't have them. So I walked into my neighborhood AT&T store, and walked out with my new phone. I didn't have the time to drive out there on another day. The $300 offer was fictional in my book. But I got my phone, $25 in plenti points, my $20 Samsung Pay bouns, and my memory card. So I guess I'm pleased. I just thought Target was different. This was handled very fly by night

BTW, they called Saturday afternoon and said my phone had finally arrived... too late.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was very disappointed in Target. I had a feeling this wasn't going to work out. If I had wanted a phone other than on launch day, I wouldn't have wasted the time pre-ordering it. I pre-ordered, had to find a store about 45 miles away to have the color and carrier I wanted. Passed on all other pre-order offers.

Then of course, they didn't have them. So I walked into my neighborhood AT&T store, and walked out with my new phone. I didn't have the time to drive out there on another day. The $300 offer was fictional in my book. But I got my phone, $25 in plenti points, my $20 Samsung Pay bouns, and my memory card. So I guess I'm pleased. I just thought Target was different. This was handled very fly by night

BTW, they called Saturday afternoon and said my phone had finally arrived... too late.
So you missed out on $300 because you didn't wait a day?

jamesaru

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
We had a good experience at Target, but it took a little bit of work on our side. The store we pre-ordered from didn't get the Sprint phones in, and they're not sure when/if they will. On Saturday I called another Target who then referred me to a different location about 45 mins away. Made an appointment, turned in our two Galaxy S5s, and got our new phones. It was a nice feeling to walk out with $600 of gift cards. The only downside was they didn't let us do the 2 year contract price, which I can still do on the Sprint site. But with a better plan and the gift cards we still feel good about it.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to the Target mobile store that I have a AT&T black color pre-order. There are about 15 people ahead of me and the guy said the store only gets 1 or 0 units a day, so I have a while to go. I'm hoping future shipments are more abundant than that.
On the positive side he said the LG G2 is eligible for the $200 trade in. I'll just be patient and wait for the $300 in GCs.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, my experience ended up being a disaster. The manager whom I was talking to was off for the day, and they left an employee who's only need there for 5 days by herself! It took her almost 2 hours to get me taken care of, and I had to help her use the system because she almost added a new line instead of using my upgrade.
What kind of crap *** company puts a new employee in that position? She told them she wasn't ready to be by herself and they ignored her.
I suppose the $300 in gift cards was worth it (and I used the $200 towards the phone), but I'll never use Target again if there's even remotely close to the same deal elsewhere.

Last edited:

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you look at it that way, then yes. However, I had no faith in the employees, and if you read this thread you will see why. I also wanted the phone. I miss out on money all the time. I miss out on $800 because I bought an expensive phone. It wasn't real money at that point. Sure it sounds good, and had I known they would have been in on Saturday then maybe. But the point of pre-ordering is to get it first day. I had the time on Friday, and I didn't have the time on Saturday. I was also trying to get one with a friend on friday, and they had to go to either a best buy or a corp at&t store, so I was going to be out looking anyways. They didn't get a $300 bonus, they were not crying over it, so neither was I. The target I had to go to was 45 miles away. So it was not a easy $300. On top of that I would have just given the Target cards to my wife, and I would have gotten no benefit from them. We all make our choices. Sometimes logical and sometimes not.

In the end if I had any faith in Target, I would have still gone out to get the phone for them. But my tolerance of hassle has a price, and apparently its $300.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad