How much do you think you will use the iris scanner?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
to me i think i could use it more for example at the side of my bed when it's on the wireless charger to check sport in the middle of the night/twitter notifications e.t.c. with how quick it seems to be I think could be used more than i expected it would do.

anybody think they will use it a fair bit or will it be something you use for like the first week?

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I will use it frequently to get into my secure folder. Seems to me that looking at the phone to get into the folder will be easier than fumbling to use my thumb.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how well it works for me.

I didnt care about fingerprint scanners until the note5 came out and it was very reliable. Will be the same for the iris scanner, if it works well I'll use it alot, if not, ill use the print.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have NoooOo idea lol that's something that honestly bugs me just a bit because I don't know much about it- safe? How does it scan my eye?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't scan your eye. It is looking at your eye with an infrared light assisted camera. Then it is a housing the image, not your actual eye.

It's an interesting thing, because while it sounds cool, no one knows what day to day is going to be like. Also, it is password and fingerprint backed up. So who knows which one will be easier. I tend to turn on my device using the home button. It reads my fingerprint at the same time. It's going to be hard to beat that speed.

Some of the videos do make it seem possible though.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
to me i think i could use it more for example at the side of my bed when it's on the wireless charger to check sport in the middle of the night/twitter notifications e.t.c. with how quick it seems to be I think could be used more than i expected it would do.

anybody think they will use it a fair bit or will it be something you use for like the first week?

I'd be shocked if I even set it up. Have it on my Surface and it rarely works as advertised. Finger scanner seems more useful and faster.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am going to try it along with fingerprint. It will be nice not to have to swipe my finger for the print like I have to do with my Note 4.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's as fast as the video, it's going to be awesome. Fingerprint scanner angered me with my Note 4 so much so that I stopped using it, Note 5 was better but still wasn't happy (using Lollipop) but once Marshmallow loaded, mine has been (almost) flawless. I'd say one out of every 10 tries, I have a failure and it is my fault for being in too much of a hurry. Can't wait to try the Iris Scanner and see where that goes... gotta' buy one first though, hugh?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Odd, I find that it works great on my Surface Pro 4.

I'm sure, but in the end, none of it is relevant. Not sure how the Surface does their Iris scanner, but its not going to be any sort of indicator to how the Note 7 is going to perform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20