08-23-2016 07:18 AM
147 ... 3456
    I prefer user replaceable battery. there are so many pros of user replaceable battery.
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-08-2016 05:44 AM
    Water resistance. I couldn't care less if a battery could be removed or not.
    TJA3500 and cynth.hgn like this.
    08-08-2016 08:58 AM
    Water resistance for sure. I've got caught in the rain a few times riding my motorcycle and no ill effect on the phone. Using my iphone I could've been put in a dangerous situation trying to remove my phone from the holder in pouring rain.
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:23 AM
    My current phone is the first phone I had that doesn’t have a removeable battery. And though it has never actually come up I still don’t like it. Sometimes it crashes and I just want to take out the battery (‘shhh, no tears now, only dreams’). Thought I’ve gotten used to carrying around powerbanks.

At the same time this is also my first water resistant phone and from day one I’ve loved that feature. I can use my phone in pouring rain (though the touch screen might not be great) without having to worry. Which means I can go running and in the rain with my music/running app as well.

So this won’t be a big change for me and I’d probably pick water resistance!
    08-08-2016 09:42 AM
    Having a removable battery was a requirement for me for the longest time. However, that time has come and gone and I am all about water resistance.

The Galaxy S6E+ was the first sealed battery phone that I owned. Since that time, I have bought several wireless chargers. I have one on my desk at work, and 3 at home (nightstand, kitchen counter, and end table next to the couch). So, pretty much every time I set my phone down, its charging. I have a charging cradle in my truck as well. If I will be away for a long period of time, I purchased the Samsung quick charger that I carry around. Its so slim and light you don't even realize you're carrying it. I don't worry about wearing down the batteries over time, because I don't have my phones long. Since the S6 Edge+, I've had the Note 5, S7 Edge, and I have a Note 7 on preorder.
    Water resistance on the other hand, for me, is awesome. There is something I find really fun about being able to take my phone in the pool and take pictures of my kids, family, friends, etc. (I live in AZ, so we live in the pool lol). First time with my S7 Edge, I even took a couple of underwater videos. Love being able to do this and do not miss removable batteries the least bit.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    08-08-2016 04:45 PM
    I think sealed batteries are an industry wide effort with just a few stragglers offering unsealed.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    08-08-2016 08:56 PM
    As a fishermen and a person who loves and goes to the beach all the time... Although I protect my Note 3 as much as possible when around water, the water resistance is most welcomed!!
    08-10-2016 08:19 AM
    I'd go for water resistance, assuming of course that the "sealed battery" was actually consumer-replaceable with a couple of hours' patient work with low risk (even if replacing the battery voided the warranty and put the water resistance at risk - after a year or so I'd like to have the choice to swap the battery rather than replace the whole phone).

Unfortunately, the replacement of battery in the S6, Note 5, and S7 lines is pretty complex and somewhat risky. That makes me very sad, because I really want to want one of these. I hold out some small hope that maybe the Note 7 battery can be replaced with reasonable risk, but I'm sticking with my trusty old Note 4 until some solid data comes out. I'm not committing that kind of money to a device that will, given my usage, probably have insufficient battery life within a year and a half.
    08-10-2016 09:32 AM
    durh! Water Resistance!
    08-10-2016 10:37 AM
    I'd actually like companies to push for crush depth resistant phones.
    08-10-2016 11:11 AM
    Replaceable battery for me. It the 2nd biggest factor in buying a phone. The first is duel front facing speaker that is actually loud.
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:13 AM
    water resistant for me
    08-10-2016 01:24 PM
    water resistance for me.
    08-10-2016 07:26 PM
    Water resistance is a key. I only think of the great pictures i could capture in the rain.
    08-10-2016 07:30 PM
    I would prefer removable battery over water resistance feature as I won't take any risk of having my phone around water. Since smartphones are considered as an electronic item, no one can assure 100% gaurantee of water resistance. Moreover, Any fault with the battery in future can let me replace with new, which is good option
    pre1561 and suryakumar1 like this.
    08-12-2016 08:08 AM
    Of course, I'd prefer water resistant over replaceable battery I've used both of them before and I feel a power bank And an water resistant smartphone will be the perfect combo
    08-12-2016 12:22 PM
    I prefer a replaceable battery because whenever my phone freezes, yanking the battery out is a lot better than doing a soft reboot. This is from my experience from being a Samsung user since the Nexus S days. Touchwiz (S2 was my first Touchwiz phone) has improved significantly since then, but at times my phone does freeze and I wish I could just take the battery out. Also there's nothing faster than having an extra battery and going from 0-100% by just swapping the battery.
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-12-2016 06:08 PM
    Water resistance has little to do with the non removable battery, it's because everyone complained about samsungs plastic phone while praising HTC and Apple for build quality, Samsung came up with the premium design using glass to keep wireless charging.

But given the choice, I'd take water resistance over a user replaceable battery, most devices don't have one anyway. I don't use my phone enough to burn up a battery in under 2 years and sealed phone batteries can still get replaced for $50 to $100 if you really want to keep using the phone beyond 2 years.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 12:23 AM
    I would definitely go for replaceable battery. I still have the great Note 1, working just fine on CM 12.1, with its fourth battery. I can not imagine life without replaceable battery. And I really do not plan to make phone calls while taking a shower.

But... I imagine it can not be thaaaat hard to have both, water proof (perhaps without warranty, just the functionality, intended for the careful ones out there) and R.B. Come on, the machine is extremely expensive, maybe worth 20 more bucks? Something like that is probably kind f hard, but I refuse to believe it is rocket science for Samsung engineers...
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-13-2016 12:02 PM
    It don't matter what you prefer.
    Samsung people said they are not going to make the replaceable batteries any more.
    And they are talking about making the semi edge models like the note 7 only.
    I understand they don't care what people in the U.S. think about their design.
    08-13-2016 05:59 PM
    Replacement battery. Wish was still option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Oscar Maradiaga and PRGDR like this.
    08-13-2016 11:27 PM
    Does the water resistance include salt water? Try taking a wiz over board while talking on the phone and dropping it in the water.
    One went to the bottom of the ocean, but the other one that was salvaged the charge port rusted to hell.
    08-13-2016 11:47 PM
    It's a tough question since it's not really the only compromise you getting when having a waterproof phone right?!
    In a prefect world where your phone never have the need of repair it's great but we don't really live in the times yet and waterproof phone means much more expensive repairs, it's means no more self repairs (if you considered doing those) and it's means you cannot really be sure your phone is still waterproof after you fixed it, so when I'm taking all of this in to a count I think I prefer the replaceable battery
    PRGDR likes this.
    08-14-2016 04:35 AM
    Easy. Water resistance. I have never in my life replaced the battery in a phone so I just have no need for that.
    08-14-2016 12:56 PM
    Seems like it comes down to this: those of us who keep phone for several years prefer easily replaceable battery. Those who get a new phone every year don't really need to change batteries. As I've said - I don't care - I just want a big battery. Like the new G5 has a replaceable battery but it's just too small. Forget it. I don't want to feel forced to add a giant modular battery. A bigger built in high quality battery is better for me. I hope Sammy doesn't jump in on the modular add on fad.
    08-14-2016 01:16 PM
147 ... 3456