08-23-2016 07:18 AM
147 ... 456
tools
    Waterproof, not just resistant.
    08-14-2016 01:25 PM
    Stays with this hard on for remove able batteries? Isn't there a case that's water resistant and has an extra battery attached? What more do you need?
    08-14-2016 03:31 PM
    Most definitely water resistant. Not being able to swap batteries on the go is a minor issue for me. Unless it's a defective phone/battery, then you should expect 12 months of top battery performance, with a slow decline over the next 6 mo...give or take.

Worst case scenario I think is that you may need to spend $20 on a portable battery pack. They aren't really any bigger than the internal battery on your phone, so it's not adding any bulk to your pockets. Only downside to them is if you're using them while on the go, then your phone needs to stay tethered to the external battery pack.

We didn't even get a cordless phone in my house until I was in my teens. I'm sure I'll be able to survive if I ever need to tether my phone for an hour to charge it.
    08-14-2016 05:57 PM
    Water resistance.

However, I know a gentleman that uses ~30GB/mo. with his Note 4 as a hotspot. Because of that he chews through batteries at a rapid pace. Not a big deal, he simply orders a new one online and keeps on going. As of late his smartphone choices have been limited to LG products despite his preference of the Samsung handsets. So, I can see why some may want that removable battery.
    08-14-2016 07:26 PM
    Replaceable battery, I'm not too worried about water resistance, every non water resistant phone I've ever had, nothing would happen to it if I have it out while raining or put it in a sink full of water... I purposely tried to break a Samsung Galaxy S4 (not active version) by drowning it in water with back cover removed and it still worked like nothing happened. I was disappointed. (This was one of my very old phone)
    08-14-2016 11:29 PM
    I'll take the battery. Water damage was never an issue, but batteries have always been. I have a Note 4 which had a battery that was going bad.

I bought a new one and it practically breathed new life into my phone. I didn't have to charge it all weekend!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Which would you prefer? Water resistant or replaceable battery?-screenshot_2016-08-15-02-06-29.jpg  
    PRGDR and pre1561 like this.
    08-15-2016 01:24 AM
    Replaceable battery for sure.
    PRGDR and pre1561 like this.
    08-15-2016 09:07 PM
    It don't matter what you prefer.
    Samsung people said they are not going to make the replaceable batteries any more.
    And they are talking about making the semi edge models like the note 7 only.
    I understand they don't care what people in the U.S. think about their design.
    That is sad. Well, I imagine they would care if the sales would decrease. But they probably wont, and that just means that people accept whatever they are offered...
    08-17-2016 12:25 PM
    I'll take the battery. Water damage was never an issue, but batteries have always been. I have a Note 4 which had a battery that was going bad.

I bought a new one and it practically breathed new life into my phone. I didn't have to charge it all weekend!

+1. That's exactly how I feel.
    08-17-2016 12:27 PM
    It's a tough question since it's not really the only compromise you getting when having a waterproof phone right?!
    In a prefect world where your phone never have the need of repair it's great but we don't really live in the times yet and waterproof phone means much more expensive repairs, it's means no more self repairs (if you considered doing those) and it's means you cannot really be sure your phone is still waterproof after you fixed it, so when I'm taking all of this in to a count I think I prefer the replaceable battery
    Good point.
    08-17-2016 12:30 PM
    That is sad. Well, I imagine they would care if the sales would decrease. But they probably wont, and that just means that people accept whatever they are offered...
    Or... It means very, very few people care about those things enough for Samsung to now include them.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    08-17-2016 12:42 PM

Samsung makes battery packs
    08-17-2016 12:44 PM
    Battery all the way by far. I have a note 4 right now and 2 extra batteries. I'm a pretty heavy user so it's a HUGE help especially if your at and not necessarily near a power source. I'm dying to upgrade and the note 7 looks awesome, but I'm just not sure if I should with being so used to the spare battery. Really sucks, just don't know if I'm willing to take the chance.
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:22 PM
    Replaceablea battery. Not even close. In last 2 weeks toyed with going back to the Note 4. It's indestructible. Tomarrow I'm purchasing the Note 7--only because I found the Note 5 to be boring and unlovable.

Without the S pen I would be done with Samsung. All they currently do is eliminate features I depend on. Screw 'em.
    PRGDR likes this.
    08-18-2016 03:29 AM
    Or... It means very, very few people care about those things enough for Samsung to now include them.
    Right, that is a possibility too. I do not really know how causality works here anyway...
    08-18-2016 06:34 AM
    Replaceablea battery. Not even close. In last 2 weeks toyed with going back to the Note 4. It's indestructible. Tomarrow I'm purchasing the Note 7--only because I found the Note 5 to be boring and unlovable.

Without the S pen I would be done with Samsung. All they currently do is eliminate features I depend on. Screw 'em.
    Couldn't agree more...
    08-18-2016 06:36 AM
    I preferred betamax but we all know how that went😉
    And now the vcr has come to an end.....
    Removable batteries are nearing the end....
    Sooner or later you'll have to adapt
    08-18-2016 08:10 AM
    That's gross and dumb... People need to stop facetime-ing so much! Down here in South Florida you can't go to a restaruant without a bunch of old people screaming at people's faces on their phones and yelling at them to talk louder because the phone isn't by their ear... Dude, that's the "real people of facetime" - BOOM pitched a show.
    08-18-2016 08:30 AM
    I wanted the battery.

I have never had an issue with water, but switched out batteries hundreds of times with my note 2 and note 4
    pre1561 likes this.
    08-18-2016 09:17 AM
    That's wonderful, it really is. But keep in mind most people hear DO buy new phones every year or two. So a battery degrading is a non issue.

I have had to replace my Note 4 battery twice in 2 years. Maybe the second one was a bad battery. It didn't take long just a few months.
    08-22-2016 06:32 PM
    I have had to replace my Note 4 battery twice in 2 years. Maybe the second one was a bad battery. It didn't take long just a few months.
    Well,, I meant the first one.
    08-22-2016 06:43 PM

Samsung makes battery packs
    Cool! Thanks. Kind of bulky, but it somehow helps with the non removable battery problem.
    08-23-2016 07:18 AM
147 ... 456