Which would you prefer? Water resistant or replaceable battery?

jeffmull

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Just a guess here, but I'm thinking that one of the reasons the battery is not replaceable is because of the water resistant feature. Seems to me that if the general population is opening and closing their cases at will, there's lots of chance for dust, poor seals, gasket mis-alignment, etc. Then Samsung gets all the blowback for water fails.

As a current N3 user who just pre-ordered N7, I've had an extended 6400 Anker battery for over a year and love it. But, I've also lost a N3 due to water so I think this tradeoff is worth it, given the fast charge capability.

I'm gonna mis the IR blaster though. (Was lots of fun to program it for friend's TVs and take control.)

Jeff

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess since I'm switching from LG V10 to the N7, I'll vote water resistance. I've been a big fan of swappable batteries the past few years so we'll see how this works out. I haven't swapped batteries for a few weeks however, so mentally maybe I'm prepping myself.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
In my whole life of having phones not once did I get it wet lol
My daughter was facetiming w her iPhone while brushing teeth and it went into the sink lol

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
replaceable battery. Water resistant is nice but there are cases that can accomplish the same thing and I never take my phone near water. Max is watching a video while teeth brushing

Replaceable battery means near endless use of the phone without charging

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy S5 had both. I don't think it has anything to do with water resistance.

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
If I had to pick ONE, easy. Water Resistant.

I've replaced the Battery only TWICE when I had them and it was in Las Vegas trip. Did I really needed too, no it wasn't a moment where I said "OMG, thank goodness the battery was removable." LOL

Water Resistant, I've used it numerous times. I love taking in the shower, never miss a call/text or watch some videos or NFL games. :)

Not trying to compare the two but having DASH charging helped me twice already, I had nights were I crashed woke and realized my battery was dead and 30 minutes to get ready for work and I had enough battery to get me going.

This feature along with the water resistant is more useful for me.

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
As a longtime lover of replaceable battery. I choose waterproof with a larger sealed battery 4000mah+ really 4500

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

LOL!!! omg I laughed so hard at this. Was just not expecting it.

Anyway, I guess I'll answer op's question.

I would go with removable battery. That isn't to say that I don't also like waterproofing, but I have no interest in swimming with my phone and I don't usually place it in area where it could be splashed or dunked.

With that said, it's not going to come back, people need to move on.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
At this point I would prefer removable battery, but once I get used to the battery charging case I might change my mind. I don't swap batteries often as there is always a charger around and I do like the water resistant feature.

I do worry about the battery degrading with a non removable battery. I had one phone without a removable battery. It was (and I still own it) the Droid Maxx. I never had a problem with the battery degrading so we will see what quality of battery is actually in the Note 7.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery FTW, but they are using that as excuse. Sealed batteries are to force devices overall into a two year retirement model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers