08-09-2016 02:52 PM
33 12
tools
    Well that was not my intention and maybe it was other's to read something into nothing...
    I'm not saying that was your intention, many of us just have seen it happen. Some might think you think this is a "don't order" deal, others can read a simple question and try and make the conspiracy out of it.
    08-08-2016 11:22 AM
    Hi I went to Best Buy and looked at the silver and black version and noticed that the backlight color of the Silver buttons seems like a yellowish orange vs for the Black it was more blueish white. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I wonder if anyone can chime in about the Coral blue model as well. Maybe it was the displays they had but I really didn't like the yellowish orange so I purchased the black version.
    When I first read your post I thought maybe battery state might have something to do with button color (if a battery is low the buttons might display in the yellow or orange, and when it is fully charged or charging they might display in blue or white). However, I do believe like most people that it is a contrast thing, and was based on what would contrast well with the color of the frame/phone. Orange/yellow wouldn't seem like the best combination to go with silver and gold, but I guess that's what they decided after testing...
    People who are getting tempered glass screen protectors that cover that area will probably lose out on that colored button feature.
    08-08-2016 12:23 PM
    Just for perspective, I do believe I remember this same discussion last year about the Note 5 and Best Buy display phones.

The exact discussion and all Note 5 have white, they weren't like BB Display phones.
    08-08-2016 12:27 PM
    A friend of mine had an s4 mini that was red and the lights looked almost pink.

I would rather have a soft blue than a white, and hopefully they brought back the option to turn them off all together like on previous galaxy's

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2016 02:03 PM
    Every device, every....every....every device has an issue
    That just ain't true. Not even remotely close to the truth.

GC
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-09-2016 02:17 PM
    I went today and looked again and yes they are different. I even asked the Samsung rep if he saw a color difference and he agreed.

Attachment 234316
    Attachment 234317
    Oh yes, even from the photos it is quite noticeable... I would think in person would be huge diff...
    08-09-2016 02:21 PM
    Or maybe... They tested several colors and discovered that certain white lights look better on the black and a slightly different color temperature on the other colors make them stand out better.... you know white against silver isn't necessarily the best idea.

You can look for conspiracy, but I see a potential design choice.
    Agree with this
    08-09-2016 02:23 PM
    Well that was not my intention and maybe it was other's to read something into nothing...
    I just noticed it as a difference, not an issue, but it was a difference that I was unaware of, and personally I prefer the "cooler" blue white lights, so I hope the blie note comes with something close/equal to the black's cap-button lighting
    mmsean likes this.
    08-09-2016 02:52 PM
33 12