08-09-2016 02:52 PM
33 12
tools
    Hi I went to Best Buy and looked at the silver and black version and noticed that the backlight color of the Silver buttons seems like a yellowish orange vs for the Black it was more blueish white. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I wonder if anyone can chime in about the Coral blue model as well. Maybe it was the displays they had but I really didn't like the yellowish orange so I purchased the black version.
    08-06-2016 06:22 PM
    Hi I went to Best Buy and looked at the silver and black version and noticed that the backlight color of the Silver buttons seems like a yellowish orange vs for the Black it was more blueish white. Anyone else seeing the same thing? I wonder if anyone can chime in about the Coral blue model as well. Maybe it was the displays they had but I really didn't like the yellowish orange so I purchased the black version.
    Interesting observation. It could be the floor models. Were you able to see more than just one device with similar issues?
    08-06-2016 07:42 PM
    I obviously don't know if this is the case but there's a chance someone may have turned on the blue light filter and left it that way and that's could explain it.
    08-07-2016 03:17 AM
    I obviously don't know if this is the case but there's a chance someone may have turned on the blue light filter and left it that way and that's could explain it.
    Hmm I don't think the blue light filter affects the button lights but just the screen
    08-07-2016 08:15 AM
    I would be very surprised if they altered the colors on the touch buttons.
    08-07-2016 11:32 AM
    I'd love to see what other's say maybe it was just a fluke but it was a major reason why I chose black over silver.
    08-07-2016 11:56 AM
    I went today and looked again and yes they are different. I even asked the Samsung rep if he saw a color difference and he agreed.

Backlight button colors differences:  Silver vs. Black vs. Coral-20160807_131607.jpg
    Backlight button colors differences:  Silver vs. Black vs. Coral-20160807_131618.jpg
    08-07-2016 03:23 PM
    I went today and looked again and yes they are different. I even asked the Samsung rep if he saw a color difference and he agreed.
    Attachment 234311

Attachment 234312
    You need to speak to Samsung about it. Those retail versions are run constantly. You can't even reboot them.
    08-07-2016 03:24 PM
    You need to speak to Samsung about it. Those retail versions are run constantly. You can't even reboot them.
    Understand but they've only been on display for about 4 days.
    08-07-2016 03:38 PM
    And run constantly and played with constantly. I would ask Samsung.
    08-07-2016 03:40 PM
    A normal phone is still going to get more use than 4 days worth of run time in store.
    mmsean likes this.
    08-07-2016 03:45 PM
    Never mind, I've only been a Samsung only customer for almost 20 years, so I'm just not sure what to expect.
    08-07-2016 03:46 PM
    Never mind, I've only been a Samsung only customer for almost 20 years, so I'm just not sure what to expect.
    I guess I'm not understanding your point they've been on and played with and run constantly for 4 days how does that change the color of the backlight?
    08-07-2016 03:56 PM
    I guess I'm not understanding your point they've been on and played with and run constantly for 4 days how does that change the color of the backlight?
    My whole point was if you want to know if there are color differences in buttons due to phone color or if all are white.. Call Samsung, don't base it on a Best Buy retail model.

And yes, in a few days a Best Buy retail model can be trashed or worse shape than a year of me owning a phone.. Quote often actually.

One I played with yesterday already has software issues and a crack.
    08-07-2016 04:04 PM
    Or maybe... They tested several colors and discovered that certain white lights look better on the black and a slightly different color temperature on the other colors make them stand out better.... you know white against silver isn't necessarily the best idea.

You can look for conspiracy, but I see a potential design choice.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    08-07-2016 04:22 PM
    Or maybe... They tested several colors and discovered that certain white lights look better on the black and a slightly different color temperature on the other colors make them stand out better.... you know white against silver isn't necessarily the best idea.

You can look for conspiracy, but I see a potential design choice.
    They could have, Samsung is the one that would know for sure.

I would never ever judge a phone by the display model at especially Best Buy. I've sat, not stood, at the display for a couple of hours at a time and watched people mess with the phones.

It was shocking.
    08-07-2016 04:39 PM
    I realize that the color differences in the buttons could be a design choice I was just making sure that other people were seen this and noticing this other than myself
    08-07-2016 05:56 PM
    They might should all be white, but especially a Best Buy retail model is never a good thing to compare to the phone you will get.
    08-07-2016 06:10 PM
    Interesting observation. It could be the floor models. Were you able to see more than just one device with similar issues?
    I actually noticed in one of the many youtube launch 'Hands on' vids i watched, that one had orangish coloured backlights. But only have seen it ones.....wonder if this could be the first issue? Hope not
    08-08-2016 02:26 AM
    It is exactly the same on the S7E. The black one has blue'ish tint. The gold and silver ones have a slight yellow colour. Something to do with the foil used under the glass. Doesn't bother me at all (gold).
    08-08-2016 03:44 AM
    It is exactly the same on the S7E. The black one has blue'ish tint. The gold and silver ones have a slight yellow colour. Something to do with the foil used under the glass. Doesn't bother me at all (gold).
    I actually noticed in one of the many youtube launch 'Hands on' vids i watched, that one had orangish coloured backlights. But only have seen it ones.....wonder if this could be the first issue? Hope not
    My point exactly. I will bet that it was designed that was so that there is some contrast between the case color and the button lights. A design choice to make it easier to use and see, and people jump to "button light-gate"

Oh, and there will be an issue, or 2. Hope doesn't come into play. Its a complex device that it trying to do a lot. Every device, every....every....every device has an issue. We will be lucky if a slightly off color white button light is the issue.

You may now proceed with the "I was going to get a Note 7, but this light color thing is a deal breaker" posts.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:42 AM
    I agree it is likely a design choice.

There is also the potential that the surrounding color effects the way you perceive the light, so even if is the same color, it will look different because of the color surrounding it.

Either way, I turn those lights off during set up . . .
    gogoplata1980 and libra89 like this.
    08-08-2016 07:54 AM
    I'm not sure where people are getting the impression of a conspiracy or button light-gate or where the color of the button indicated that I would not get a Note 7. I was merely asking if anyone else saw a difference and that I did not care for the amber colored on the Silver thus I purchased a Black model.
    08-08-2016 11:05 AM
    I'm not sure where people are getting the impression of a conspiracy or button light-gate or where the color of the button indicated that I would not get a Note 7. I was merely asking if anyone else saw a difference and that I did not care for the amber colored on the Silver thus I purchased a Black model.
    Because this type conspiracy around here is the norm for every new Samsung released.
    08-08-2016 11:17 AM
    Because this type conspiracy around here is the norm for every new Samsung released.
    Well that was not my intention and maybe it was other's to read something into nothing...
    08-08-2016 11:20 AM
33 12