Carrier branding prominent on the Note 7?

medianemesis

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess I'll have to wait till people receive theirs before I know for sure, but does anyone know if the Note 7 will come with carrier branding?
I have to do an unboxing video for an international tech blog, and I'd hate for the branding to show, especially if it is prominent. Part aesthetics (I dislike logos on anything so pristine) and partly because we don't want it to be like an unpaid endorsement of the carrier...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'll have to wait till people receive theirs before I know for sure, but does anyone know if the Note 7 will come with carrier branding?
I have to do an unboxing video for an international tech blog, and I'd hate for the branding to show, especially if it is prominent. Part aesthetics (I dislike logos on anything so pristine) and partly because we don't want it to be like an unpaid endorsement of the carrier...
I would be surprised if it didn't. The only one that didn't have branding on the Note 5 was T-Mobile.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sprint and T-Mobile no carrier logo.
Verizon and AT&T carrier logo on the back.

All carrier models come with carrier customizations and their apps pre loaded.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Never understood why carriers feel the need to add their stupid logos on them. They don't make the device. No on cares who has what service.

Especially Verizon. I know they have read countless people say they don't like it yet they continue to do it.

I mean in the end most people cover it with a case anyway so it's moot but still.

One of the only devices I have seen so far without Verizon on it is the Moto Z and Z Force.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
They have their version of Android on it. Logos are a part of almost everything we buy.

No it's not, dont give me the car dealer example. Car dealer is not stamping or itching a logo on the car that can't be removed. Verizon or AT&T is not manufacturing the phone so no reason they should be stamping their logo on the product. Sure put a sticker or something that one can remove if they don't like. All they are doing is put a bunch of crap pre loaded and minor modifications on the phone that OEMs do on behalf of carrier. It's not like Verizon has forked Android and have their own version. Sure make your own hardware and stamp whatever you want on that.

I get that it's marketing and they market/sell the phone but that doesn't justify it. Sure answer is if you don't like buy something else. That's cool because I do that exactly.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually they do have their version of Android on it.

I've never understood these logo issues and don't think I ever will.

I didn't say anything about a car dealer.

Have a great day!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually they do have their version of Android on it.

I've never understood these logo issues and don't think I ever will.

I didn't say anything about a car dealer.

Have a great day!

It's Samsung version of Android not carriers. It's just asthetics and some people like me are picky and some aren't. It's just preference that's all. I stated car dealer since everyone brings up that example when this discussion comes up.

Cheers

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's Samsung version of Android not carriers. It's just asthetics and some people like me are picky and some aren't. It's just preference that's all. I stated car dealer since everyone brings up that example when this discussion comes up.

Cheers
Actually the carriers get it after Samsung and add their own thing. Each carrier has different features.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is the deal.. You can't always get what you want.. (I'll wait... go ahead and sing it in your head....). You buy AT&T provided phone, you get the crap, the logo, and a bunch of other things I don't care about. That's the deal. That has always been the deal, and I don't see anything changing that. Now, if you purchased a unlocked device directly from the manufacturer, and then AT&T says... to use it on our network you must have this bloat ware, then maybe you have an argument. If they sneak in and push the software to you after you paid for a clean phone, then maybe. You take it to AT&T to have it activated, and a guy takes it into the back and burns a logo, then you have a point. But none of those things happen.

Second, it IS the carriers version of the device, and it contains the carriers version of the OS. The modify it. Sorry, it is the truth. they also have a different model number. Third... since you brought up the car dealer, many, or most car dealers either put a god awful sticker on the trunk, or now they drill holes in your car and put a metal dealership logo on the car. You take it off, you still have holes.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
It'll only matter to me for the short timeI'll be waiting for my skin to arrive so big deal.

I preordered it and it's due the same day as the Note 7 release date so I'll be good ....... ATT logo or not !?!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has always put a small carrier logo.

Back in the good old days they actually stole device and rebranded them. I owned an AT&T phone. It was made by someone else but sold under AT&T as the brand. (AT&T 5160??? or something like that). Sort of like the Nexus line, but yet somehow very different.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Back in the good old days they actually stole device and rebranded them. I owned an AT&T phone. It was made by someone else but sold under AT&T as the brand. (AT&T 5160??? or something like that). Sort of like the Nexus line, but yet somehow very different.

They still do that today.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition