08-22-2016 11:13 AM
155 1234 ...
tools
    I am not sure if this is still an issue, but it may be, so please google what I am about to tell you. When I switched over to android from apple, I went a few days without receiving any text messages, even though I could send them. All of the messages to my number were intercepted by Apple, and sent to my iphone by wifi. They were not sent to my new android. There was some thing I had to do to notify apple to no longer process any of my text messages.
    You had to disable IMESSAGE FIRST on your iDevice and remove it from iCloud. This has been a known issue and I thought it had been fixed.
    If you didn't disable before hand you can use this site to shut iMessage off.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    sudbury78 likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:24 AM
    I now track my 16 year old newly-minted-driver son on find my iphone. Is there an app to accomplish this on android, even though he'll continue to be iOS? Thanks
    08-08-2016 11:51 AM
    One more thing. Take a look at Samsung's Smart Switch. It may be helpful in transferring data and suggesting Abdroid apps for your IOS apps

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-08-2016 12:29 PM
    @ Pippinsky

Yes, there is an app created by Google called Android Device Manager. It tracks the phone remotely with GPS as well as the ability to lock, ring or wipe the phone if need be.
    08-08-2016 12:29 PM
    @ Pippinsky

Yes, there is an app created by Google called Android Device Manager. It tracks the phone remotely with GPS as well as the ability to lock, ring or wipe the phone if need be.
    I think the OP wants a way to track an iPhone location from an Android device.

I have not tried Find my iPhone from an Android browser, but I know you can sign into your iCloud on a PC.
    08-08-2016 12:40 PM
    I think the OP wants a way to track an iPhone location from an Android device.

I have not tried Find my iPhone from an Android browser, but I know you can sign into your iCloud on a PC.
    Thanks for pointing out my lack of reading comprehension.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-08-2016 02:43 PM
    please sumbody help me how to unlocked icloud
    08-08-2016 02:52 PM
    As recently as a few months ago, Apple still hasn't fully fixed the iMessage issues. Even if you deregister iMessage or turn it off before getting rid of your iPhone, other people's iPhones won't react properly when it comes to group messages. It seems that once a group message is created on an iPhone, if it is sent through iMessage initially, the iPhone never bothers confirming that all of the members of that group are still using iMessage when subsequent messages are sent. This is why you see people suggesting things like "have all of your friends that use iPhones delete every group message thread that has you in it and re-create them." It drives me crazy that more of a fuss hasn't been made about Apple not addressing this issue in a meaningful way. It is clear that they don't care because it locks people into their devices. I'm someone that has been trying to switch away from my iPhone for the last few years, but after a few weeks of finding out that I've missed out on many conversations, I always end up switching back. I feel like I would need to get a new phone number if I were to switch from my iPhone to Android just so I could avoid this iMessage headache.
    08-08-2016 03:00 PM
    im also switching from iphone. is there an equivalent to facetime? my wife will be switching to the edge plus, and that's the biggest thing on her wishlist.
    08-08-2016 03:07 PM
    im also switching from iphone. is there an equivalent to facetime? my wife will be switching to the edge plus, and that's the biggest thing on her wishlist.
    If you have T-Mobile ( I think Verizon has something similar too), you'll have the Video Calling Native app integrated to the Phone Dialer, so it should work similar to what you are used to with FaceTime on iPhones. I use it all the time with my family, all of us have a latest Samsung flagships, two S7, one S7 and one Note 5.
    08-08-2016 03:12 PM
    I now track my 16 year old newly-minted-driver son on find my iphone. Is there an app to accomplish this on android, even though he'll continue to be iOS? Thanks
    If you use an app it is possible easily. I use Life360 Family Locator, which is awesome. My whole family has it installed, and it works great. You can set areas up, and it will alert you when certain members leave or arrive in once of the areas, etc. "Joe has left home" alert, for example ..
    08-08-2016 03:13 PM
    Lots of apps actually. As the other poster pointed out, on VZW it is built into "Advanced Calling" - if you are on VZW. There is also:

- Hangouts
    - (NOT YET RELEASED) Duo app form Google - this fall some time
    - Many others ..
    08-08-2016 03:16 PM
    My Son,his G/F and most of their family have moved from ios to Android.The one thing my wife was concerned about was the lack of facetime which she used on her iphone to keep in touch with our granddaughter.We all dowloaded Skype to keep in video contact and have had zero problems whether it is installed on my Nexus 6P or my wifes iphone 5. HTH David.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-08-2016 06:41 PM
    Make sure u turn OFF I message!
    LoL
    U don't wanna know the drama that happened when someone
    I know didn't!
    Lmao
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-08-2016 06:48 PM
    I'm also moving from IOS to Android and I have an additional question. How fast is Samsung/AT&T with Android updates? When do you all think Android Nougat would be available for the Note 7 on AT&T?

Thanks!
    Oh boy.... You're going to HATE Android updates. I have the Note 4 right now with AT&T, and I still do not have Marshmallow which was released almost a year ago. The updates SUCK unless you have a Nexus. So gear up for that.

08-08-2016 07:03 PM
    I use Google Hangouts to video chat.
    08-08-2016 07:14 PM
    I am considering the same switch for the first time since the iPhone 3gs. Google photos actually lets you offload photos from your phone? I still can't believe that iCloud doesn't do this. I've had to upgrade my cloud storage twice now. So now I have to pay a premium for a larger storage phone, but also a monthly payment for backups.
    08-08-2016 08:54 PM
    I am considering the same switch for the first time since the iPhone 3gs. Google photos actually lets you offload photos from your phone? I still can't believe that iCloud doesn't do this. I've had to upgrade my cloud storage twice now. So now I have to pay a premium for a larger storage phone, but also a monthly payment for backups.
    iOS 9 does allow you to optimize your storage by deleting local photos and videos while keeping the originals in iCloud.
    08-08-2016 09:01 PM
    Use this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.idevicesync

I track my 16 daughter with it. Works great. She just started driving also.
    08-08-2016 09:04 PM
    I don't think it allows you to delete the photo. Only keep an 'optimized' version on your phone while keeping the full res version in iCloud. The only way I've heard to get around it is family sharing folders, which is not exactly intuitive.
    08-08-2016 09:23 PM
    Wow.... Freaking Awesome... THANKS!!!! some great fixes.

I checked out Pushbullet... PERFECT fix...

Google Keep... PERFECT fix...

Microsoft one note looks good too...

Thanks for all the advice!!!
    First...welcome to the Dark side...we have Marshmallows and Nougat!! But seriously....I think I would suggest Hangouts as SMS and get the hangouts plug in for Chrome. Once you have that, I think it will work quite well.

I like Pushbullet....and maybe someone can correct me if I misunderstood what happened in the past year...but didn't PushBullet impose a text message limit unless you pay the monthly subscription rate they have?
    libra89 and ihbsbA like this.
    08-08-2016 11:50 PM
    The updates SUCK unless you have a Nexus.
    I agree with this. The MM update for the Note 5 was about 3 months behind TMo.
    08-08-2016 11:52 PM
    In Google Photos settings, there is an option of High quality. This is the option Google allows unlimited free storage on your Google Drive account. You can choose to upload at the Original quality but this counts against your space. Drive starts at 15 GB free and is pretty reasonable for extra space. 100 GB is $2/mo, and 1 TB is $10/mo. Keep an eye out in the news and the forums. Google sometimes offers temp upgrades if you buy certain products (I have some offers that will expire from buying a Chromebook and a couple other devices), and they were giving out permanent upgrades if you did Security and privacy checks on your account (I think this is still available, but I am not sure).
    08-08-2016 11:59 PM
    My phone and my tablet can receive messages.

08-09-2016 12:48 AM
    I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.

1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?

2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?

3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?

4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.

Thanks in advance for the community involvement here. I hope to make this transition smooth with no regrets. I'm a small business owner and use my phone to run my business a lot during the day. I am very much looking forward to the freedom and change.

Thanks!!!
    Don't install to many apps. Android cannot handle that as well as iOS. You'll need to pay attention to your memory and get a good malware scanner as well.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:05 AM
155 1234 ...