08-22-2016 11:13 AM
155 12345 ...
tools
    Google Keep for simple notes, lists, and reminders.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    Google keep is awesome. I've been using that app for a few years now
    Ry likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:44 AM
    You can find your son on findmyiphone on Line- it does not need to be an iPhone or apple device
    08-09-2016 04:45 AM
    Just like google device manager can be found on iPhone via safari lol
    08-09-2016 04:45 AM
    Google photos is great. I believe it sorts default by date and you can view other ways as well, by main category and even simple search terms. I have probably 14000 photos in Google photos. I can search for "motorcycle" or "huskies" and it'll pull just those photos for viewing very quickly. I auto save mine so Google photos backs up all the photos I take at the reduced size for unlimited storage
    08-09-2016 04:46 AM
    Only downside is I stop getting twitter notifications on my edge after like an hour or so while iPhone it's non stop

Don't know why
    08-09-2016 05:15 AM
    If you didn't disable before hand you can use this site to shut iMessage off.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    While this method does work, it takes longer than doing it on the phone. So try and remember to take care of it on the iPhone. I forgot and it took Apple 5 days before it hit their servers. My messaging was all screwed up.
    08-09-2016 06:30 AM
    im also switching from iphone. is there an equivalent to facetime? my wife will be switching to the edge plus, and that's the biggest thing on her wishlist.
    Google Duo looks like it has potential.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-09-2016 06:33 AM
    Don't install to many apps. Android cannot handle that as well as iOS. You'll need to pay attention to your memory and get a good malware scanner as well.
    While there have been a few ‘scares’ recently, reality has been different. As long as you are getting your apps through the Play Store and leave the security measures on the phone in place, you are going to be safe.

Alex and the AC crew have addressed this in the blog consistently. Here is the latest: QuadRooter vulnerability: 5 things to know about this Android security scare | Android Central

That said, I don’t object to folks scanning, but it is not like the move from iOS to Android has all of the sudden caused a huge malware risk for folks.
    08-09-2016 07:59 AM
    Turn away from The Dark Side.

https://www.android.com/switch/

Mav.
    08-09-2016 08:03 AM
    Don't install to many apps. Android cannot handle that as well as iOS. You'll need to pay attention to your memory and get a good malware scanner as well.
    Respectfully, this is not the case anymore.

I have about 150 apps on my Note 5 and it runs great. I have never used a malware scanner. I have not once looked at my memory usage. These are all things that might have been a concern for older or lower end devices...
    08-09-2016 08:09 AM
    Don't install to many apps. Android cannot handle that as well as iOS.
    Can you elaborate, please? I have a decent number of apps on all my Androids, and I have no problems with app switching.

get a good malware scanner as well.
    I am not inclined to agree. Android is sandboxed in several ways to prevent malware from getting on your device. Now, I'm not saying it's impossible, but unlikely. However, there are just bad apps out there that aren't coded well or have lots of ads running through them, but that is a little bit different from malware or viruses.

Edit: and here is a good example...http://www.androidcentral.com/google...ooter-exploits

You'll need to pay attention to your memory
    Android works RAM differently from Windows. Android likes having RAM full; this helps with app switching.
    08-09-2016 08:52 AM
    these are all things fthat might have been a concern for older or lower end devices...
    Gingerbread was not so great at this. I think a lot of people will agree that back then memory management was bad. However, leaps and bounds were made even to ICS, and polished even more in JB.
    sydneycooper1979 and dsignori like this.
    08-09-2016 08:53 AM
    Any suggestions for a malware scanner?
    08-09-2016 08:54 AM
    Yes.. Android doesn't need one. See Golfdriver's comments on this thread.
    Bluehair62 and ihbsbA like this.
    08-09-2016 08:56 AM
    Yes.. Android doesn't need one. See Golfdriver's comments on this thread.
    And that being said.. Depending on your carrier, some phones come with it preloaded. TMO phones preloaded Lookout last year.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-09-2016 08:57 AM
    For the most part, they aren't really needed. If you would really like one, I would stick with either Avast or AVG.

Edit: after seeing Kelly's reply about Lookout, I forgot about that one. It's not bad, but I have gone a few years without a malware scanner.
    Bluehair62 and mjc03 like this.
    08-09-2016 08:58 AM
    You really don't need a malware scanner as long as you stick to the google play App Store. Android has come a long way since the days of task killers and malware detectors.
    08-09-2016 08:58 AM
    You really don't need a malware scanner as long as you stick to the google play App Store. Android has come a long way since the days of task killers and malware detectors.
    Task killer.. Haha good times. I used to have 3 apps running and serious RAM issues. Now I can have 20 and it doesn't even blink.
    sydneycooper1979 and ihbsbA like this.
    08-09-2016 09:09 AM
    Please do not spread misinformation in the forums. All three of these points are false.
    dsignori, ihbsbA and Wiley_11 like this.
    08-09-2016 09:17 AM
    Thanks again for all the support and quality content. I'm feeling less anxious about the transition. Must say the community feel here is profound. I am hoping to pay it back in the future. After reading these threads for sometime now I get the feeling I am not alone in my quest for change.

May I toss another one at you...?

MUSIC - I am on apple music with my kids... At one point I had over 2k songs I purchased through iTunes and unfortunately a large chunk of those songs were lost. I don't care about that anymore, but I'm hoping Google Play has a broad selection of music... HUGE reggae fan here and have tons of old classics. I will say apple music has a decent collection.

1) Does Android/Samsung have a decent player? Do we have the ability to control the equalizer?

2) Do you buy or subscribe your music?

3) Anyone compare the the quality of sound between Samsung and iphones?

Thanks,
    BH
    08-09-2016 09:20 AM
    Thanks again for all the support and quality content. I'm feeling less anxious about the transition. Must say the community feel here is profound. I am hoping to pay it back in the future. After reading these threads for sometime now I get the feeling I am not alone in my quest for change.

May I toss another one at you...?

MUSIC - I am on apple music with my kids... At one point I had over 2k songs I purchased through iTunes and unfortunately a large chunk of those songs were lost. I don't care about that anymore, but I'm hoping Google Play has a broad selection of music... HUGE reggae fan here and have tons of old classics. I will say apple music has a decent collection.

1) Does Android/Samsung have a decent player? Do we have the ability to control the equalizer?

2) Do you buy or subscribe your music?

3) Anyone compare the the quality of sound between Samsung and iphones?

Thanks,
    BH
    Google Play Music and Apple Music are nearly the same in terms of content that's available. You can either subscribe ($9.99 for individuals or $14.99 for family, up to 6 members; includes YouTube Red for all users) or you can purchase music; prices are very similar but tend to be a little cheaper on GPM other than sales compared to iTunes. Sound quality the jury is out; it appears that Samsung is doing some good things in terms of the DAC in the Note 7 and if that's the case, it should be a new leader on that front.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:22 AM
    Task killer.. Haha good times. I used to have 3 apps running and serious RAM issues. Now I can have 20 and it doesn't even blink.
    Our phones have come a long way since then.

I remember the Task Manager in Android 2.0 to 2.3.

Not needed at this point, as the OS can manage memory nicely on its own.
    Bluehair62 likes this.
    08-09-2016 09:23 AM
    Our phones have come a long way since then.

I remember the Task Manager in Android 2.0 to 2.3.

Not needed at this point, as the OS can manage memory nicely on its own.
    Yup that little pie shape that you could even put a button on screen for a short cut.
    08-09-2016 09:35 AM
    I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.

1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?

2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?

3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?

4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.
    1) I use google keep or wunderlist. Onenote is also nice.
    2) Google now absolutely destroys siri. It's a night and day difference.
    3) Google photos can do this and so much more.

I do subscribe to spotify. Not a fan of apple music or google music.
    Malware scanner is not needed. As long as you use google play store for your apps there's nothing to worry about.

I have a iphone 6S plus, my first iphone, and i'm heading back to android. It has it's positives and I may return someday as apple is becoming more android like.
    08-09-2016 11:44 AM
    Anyone know a quick way to bring my Apple notes from the notes app into Google keep?
    08-09-2016 11:52 AM
155 12345 ...