08-22-2016 11:13 AM
155 ... 4567
tools
    Anyone on Verizon know if Note 7 will have wifi calling?
    Yes it will. I saw listed during my pre-order.
    08-11-2016 09:26 AM
    The experience will be different. good or bad will depend on your preference..
    08-11-2016 05:39 PM
    >I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few
    >things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.
    >1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?
    >2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?
    >3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by
    >the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?
    >4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from
    >my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.

For issue number four -sending text from your computer-- some have offered other suggestions (Like hangouts). They are OK, but I use MightyText and it works very well. Try it! I like it -however, to get it's full capabilities you need a paid subscription.
    08-12-2016 02:03 AM
    You can enable Ok Google detection even if the phone is on stand by.
    Cool. This will be my first phone able to do this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2016 08:38 AM
    >I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few
    >things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.
    >1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?
    >2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?
    >3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by
    >the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?
    >4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from
    >my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.

For issue number four -sending text from your computer-- some have offered other suggestions (Like hangouts). They are OK, but I use MightyText and it works very well. Try it! I like it -however, to get it's full capabilities you need a paid subscription.
    1. Google now has reminders built into it. You can set them for one time, or recurring.

2. 'Ok Google' is the hot phrase fro Google now. It can send SMS and make calls. I never use it, so I am not sure how well it works. Samsung has a feature called SVoice, and does similar things.

3. If they are uploaded to Photos, they should be organized by date and time.

4. Hangouts. If you get Chrome, and add the Hangouts extension, and use Hangouts for SMS, this will do the same thing as iOS.
    08-12-2016 09:22 AM
    Cool. This will be my first phone able to do this.

I don't know if this option is available on the Note 7. The Nexus 6P has this, as many other Android phones.
    08-12-2016 10:54 AM
    ...May I toss another one at you...?

MUSIC - I am on apple music with my kids... At one point I had over 2k songs I purchased through iTunes and unfortunately a large chunk of those songs were lost. I don't care about that anymore, but I'm hoping Google Play has a broad selection of music... HUGE reggae fan here and have tons of old classics. I will say apple music has a decent collection....
    I will soon become an Android novice as well, and everyone but one son are staying on Apple, including my Apple Music plan. There is an Apple Music app for Google (understand it just came out of beta) that I am going to try first, only so I don't have to try to move everyone to a new service.
    08-12-2016 11:21 AM
    I will soon become an Android novice as well, and everyone but one son are staying on Apple, including my Apple Music plan. There is an Apple Music app for Google (understand it just came out of beta) that I am going to try first, only so I don't have to try to move everyone to a new service.
    Whoa...is this true? There's an app for android that is tied to Apple Music? All my kids music is tied into that service and we have the family share plan for unlimited $14.99...they all have iPhone and I am going back to Android so if this is true this would be a HUGE deal.
    dstrauss likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:23 PM
    Whoa...is this true? There's an app for android that is tied to Apple Music? All my kids music is tied into that service and we have the family share plan for unlimited $14.99...they all have iPhone and I am going back to Android so if this is true this would be a HUGE deal.
    Yep.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.music&hl=en
    08-12-2016 01:38 PM
    Messenger app by Google similar to hangouts but better than samsung sms option

I love the messenger interface. Just doesn't play as nice with my Gear Neo watch so don't use it.
    08-13-2016 07:13 AM
    There is also S-Voice which is a Samsung thing. I believe you can set it to read text messages out loud. Many times for me, composing a voice text, S-Voice understands me better than Google.
    ITA. I forget to turn on the car mode in the car, but it works better at reading and composing voice texts than even Google Now.
    08-13-2016 07:16 AM
    Wow. This is huge
    08-13-2016 08:00 AM
    moving from ios to android was easy. I had everything I needed. Moving from android to ios was harder. Several apps I wanted were missing on ios and some of the apps that were there didn't have the same functionality as their android counterparts.
    08-13-2016 08:28 AM
    Wow. This is huge
    Idk why, but I read this in Donald Trump's voice.
    08-13-2016 09:10 AM
    #4 push bullet

08-13-2016 11:22 AM
    Yep - it is going to save me a nice chunk of change. Now if only they would hack Facetime onto Android...
    08-15-2016 08:17 AM
    I don't know how many podcasts you listen to (haven't had time to read through all 6 pages), but if you're a big podcast user I haven't found anything on Android that's as good as the iOS podcast app. Everything else is just as good, and in some cases better. I use AirDroid to get messages from my phone to my MBP. I prefer Siri over Google Now personally, but I think I might be the only person on earth that does.
    08-15-2016 09:29 AM
    I don't know how many podcasts you listen to (haven't had time to read through all 6 pages), but if you're a big podcast user I haven't found anything on Android that's as good as the iOS podcast app. Everything else is just as good, and in some cases better. I use AirDroid to get messages from my phone to my MBP. I prefer Siri over Google Now personally, but I think I might be the only person on earth that does.
    I've tried a lot of different podcast apps on Android and love the freedom to do so. I've been using Pocketcasts app for a couple of months and have to say I like it a lot. It is worlds better than anything else. It is totally worth the price of it.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:01 AM
    I've tried a lot of different podcast apps on Android and love the freedom to do so. I've been using Pocketcasts app for a couple of months and have to say I like it a lot. It is worlds better than anything else. It is totally worth the price of it.
    0 of the podcasts I listen to are in Pocketcasts. Sure I can upload them manually, but I preferred the method of subscribing in iTunes, and they'd be there in the app as new episodes came in.
    08-15-2016 10:04 AM
    Really? That's surprising. Not being sarcastic. I'm just surprised. In my opinion, there are minor compromises and then there are major compromises when switching. Either from Android to iOS or the other way depending on which os you're most comfortable using. Things like the podcast app on iOS I consider to be minor. I haven't missed it at all since using Pocketcasts.

If anything, I miss iMovie compared to any other video editor on Android. I've been able to get by using Cyberlink Power Director as a suitable replacement. It is darn near close to iMovie in features.
    08-15-2016 10:11 AM
    Really? That's surprising. Not being sarcastic. I'm just surprised. In my opinion, there are minor compromises and then there are major compromises when switching. Either from Android to iOS or the other way depending on which os you're most comfortable using. Things like the podcast app on iOS I consider to be minor. I haven't missed it at all since using Pocketcasts.

If anything, I miss iMovie compared to any other video editor on Android. I've been able to get by using Cyberlink Power Director as a suitable replacement. It is darn near close to iMovie in features.
    I'm in no way saying it's a dealbreaker. It's just one of the negatives I've found in Android. They're all music podcasts from smaller bands and dj's. Most are on soundcloud, and I can download them from there. It was just nice having them automatically show up in the iOS app. I also miss iOS's Notes app. Not because it's necessarily any better than Android options. It's more about familiarity and auto syncing between my phone and my MBP. I don't even currently have an iPhone, so none of the drawbacks I've found have been so bad that they keep me from using Android. I'm honestly happy with either OS. They both have little niggles that make me prefer some aspect over the other.
    08-15-2016 10:42 AM
    0 of the podcasts I listen to are in Pocketcasts. Sure I can upload them manually, but I preferred the method of subscribing in iTunes, and they'd be there in the app as new episodes came in.
    You can add any podcast feed to pocket casts and subscribe to it. They don't have to be "in" pocket casts already. As long as you have the feed address it works.
    Joshua Luther2 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:46 AM
    You can add any podcast feed to pocket casts and subscribe to it. They don't have to be "in" pocket casts already. As long as you have the feed address it works.
    Even if they're only in iTunes? I've seen podcast feed links on sites to use in podcast apps. But the 4 I'm most interested in are iTunes only. I may have just missed that part.
    08-15-2016 10:51 AM
    Even if they're only in iTunes? I've seen podcast feed links on sites to use in podcast apps. But the 4 I'm most interested in are iTunes only. I may have just missed that part.
    If they're in iTunes as podcasts they do have an address. It's just a matter of finding it.
    08-15-2016 10:57 AM
    If they're in iTunes as podcasts they do have an address. It's just a matter of finding it.
    I guess I could try copying the iTunes link from a site and paste that into Pocketcasts, but I doubt it would work as it would just try to go directly to iTunes. Not sure. Thanks for the info though. I'll do a little more digging on my next off day.
    08-15-2016 11:00 AM
155 ... 4567