Leaving iOS... Couple questions

kshark27

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
It was a big hassle when I moved from Android to Iphone, there was so much stuff I had to transfer and iOS, to put it lightly is not a very cooperative os. Switching from iphone to Android will be a breeze just becasue of the plethora of applications for this purpose. But what you might notice is, android is much more distracting as an OS. Agree there are tons of ways you can customize your phone experience in andoid but you will figure out its more of a curse than a boon in long term ;)

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Agree on #4. Having my iphone/Ipad/MacBook all sharing Imessage is very convenient
at the beginning I had this problem, but since now most of my friends who I talk to on a daily base are on FB messengers and other messengers, its easier to sway away from imessage. Making it easier to transition to Android.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

1. Fingerprint Scanner - the scanner on my S5 was more inconvenient than it was worth. My job requires a secure password and the iOS Touch ID was a huge step up. Have these improved?

The Fingerprint scanner on the Note 5 and S7 is excellent and instant. I would expect the same with the Note 7

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.

1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones? ( Google has a reminder setting)

2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar? (just say Okay Google)

3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos? (Google Photos puts these in order of date and location)

4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general. (I myself go back and forth and this feature is important to me as well I use SIDESYNC on my mac and its pre loaded on the note allows you to access everything and repsond to text and what not)

Thanks in advance for the community involvement here. I hope to make this transition smooth with no regrets. I'm a small business owner and use my phone to run my business a lot during the day. I am very much looking forward to the freedom and change.

Thanks!!!

See above in Red.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Yes I figured out how to share it to Google keep after downloading it. Crisis averted. Now I have to figure out if I can export iBooks from the iBook store to Kindle or another app. I doubt it though, I'm sure there's some DRM involved. I had been with android for so long, and used my iPad to read books. Once I moved to the iPhone 6 Plus, I started using that as a reader, and as such most of my recently purchased books are there.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Siri ahahahhahahahahhHhhhaha

Worst ai on planet earth! Absolutely useless on my iPad 4 mini

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm another who is on the verge of finally breaking the shackles of Apple, and would love if some one could answer my question please.

Me and the other half are both on iPhone and share calendars is there a way of still doing that if I move over and she stays?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm another who is on the verge of finally breaking the shackles of Apple, and would love if some one could answer my question please.

Me and the other half are both on iPhone and share calendars is there a way of still doing that if I move over and she stays?

Can you both just switch to google calendar?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You can also use AirDroid for notification sync with your Mac and SMS sending/receiving. You can also use it for sending files to your device.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are with Verizon check out Message+, it will come preloaded on your phone. Its one of two apps from Verizon I actually use/keep.

I liked it so much, I disabled iMessage on my iOS/OSX devices. Message+ works on pretty much any platform and you can even login to a web version from anywhere. All their apps are free.

The only problem was that I became one of "those green people".

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I agree with Snareman. Your best solution here it to use Google Calendar. It works beatifully on both Android & iOS, as well as it is accessible on any web browser. I am pretty sure she can sync her Apple calendar with google calendar if she prefers that app.

Once you start using Google Calendar, you will see there are a lot of public calendars that you can add that are very cool. National holidays, sporting team schedules, etc. They are easy to turn off and on as well.

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I agree with Snareman. Your best solution here it to use Google Calendar. It works beatifully on both Android & iOS, as well as it is accessible on any web browser. I am pretty sure she can sync her Apple calendar with google calendar if she prefers that app.

Once you start using Google Calendar, you will see there are a lot of public calendars that you can add that are very cool. National holidays, sporting team schedules, etc. They are easy to turn off and on as well.

Didn't think of that lol thanks I'll look into it

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am also coming from an iPhone 6+ to the Note 7 Coral Blue. I've primarily used iPhones because I have a Mac and wanted to keep everything in sync, i.e. iCloud, iPhotos, iTunes, etc., but that is so much less of an issue now that it seemed when I had the Note 3. But I'm bored with the iPhone and what I've seen so far with the iPhone 7, it doesn't excited me like the Note 7 does so I ordered a Coral Blue. I was a little concerned that I should have waited until the iPhone release to decide but after playing around the Note 7 at Best Buy, I'm really glad I ordered it instead of waiting.

Most of my questions so far have been answered reading this thread but one I have is what is the best app for listening to Podcasts on Android? I use the stock one on my iPhone so I haven't really looked beyond that. I've taken a peek a Stitcher and right now it looks like the I will use but wanted some other suggestions.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Most of my questions so far have been answered reading this thread but one I have is what is the best app for listening to Podcasts on Android? I use the stock one on my iPhone so I haven't really looked beyond that. I've taken a peek a Stitcher and right now it looks like the I will use but wanted some other suggestions.

pocketcasts. I use it on both ios and android. Keeps podcasts in sync across all devices and operating systems.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Most of my questions so far have been answered reading this thread but one I have is what is the best app for listening to Podcasts on Android? I

Pocket Casts is awesome. It has so many great features, you can sync among all Android and iOS devices, it has a web client. It is frequently updated and an excellent app overall.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Just do it. Don't look back...

Shia-LaBeouf-do-it-shias-everywhere-animated.gif

You will ascend and become...A legend.

17djyaF.gif

hugg727

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
[*]Apple Wallet - Don't care about the actual wallet aspect of it; but primarily boarding passes. I board 150+ flights a year on Delta for work, having it always on my home screen and a swipe away has been awesome on iPhone. Anything similar on Android, or am I back to taking screenshots (in case reception isn't great in the terminal)
[/LIST]

I have the Delta app on my phone and it works flawlessly. I have used it for the entire family, 5 boarding passes, while on vacation. You can buy upgrades, wifi passes etc and check skymiles upgrade status from the app as well. I have even used the boarding pass that gets pushed to my Tag Connected watch. That usually gets a few funny looks from the folks at the gate.

Also...I have been using Google Wallet...now Android Pay for almost 4 years with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech