Struggling with Color Choice - Blue Coral

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have a black one in my shopping cart right now. I have not located a blue display model in my area anywhere. I am pretty sure that blue is something I would tire of quickly, but I wish I could see it live.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Stick with black. These colors are just a fad and get old quick, you will wish you had purchased the black in the long run.

I purchased the Silver/Chrome S7 edge and was got sick of the mirror within 2 weeks. Sold it and got the black.
agreed, that's why I'm getting black. I always get the white iPhones which i'm tired of now.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I asked a guy in my office who had the blue iPhone 5c. He likes blue and liked the phone (most was sold out, so he didn't have much choice). He didn't get bored of it. His current matte silver iPhone is covered with a deep burgundy red case.

I may look in the store, but I love blue, so I'm going to wait for it to be in stock as I think it will sell out, and get one-- if I can wait. Pre-order was a mess for me.

Posted via the *Note 5*

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I found it in person at VZW and it is far from powder blue. It is shiny but less so than silver. It looks very dark from an angle and a little lighter straight on. I'm male and I like it. When I get sick of it a black case takes care of most of it. I find the silver bezel more distracting than the blue. Still, a black or dark gray with brushed finish producing no shine at all is really best. The onyx is also shiny so none of the colors are really perfect imo. Haven't decided between black and blue yet. May depend on which is available on the 22nd. I figure the first few days VZW will be a zoo. I will check in on Friday afternoon though so if not too busy I will grab it then.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I hunt Grizz'er Bears for a hobby and eat red meat three meals a day, but thought the Coral blue was pretty awesome at the Verizon store.

Definitely not as dark as seen in video reviews, but think ths bright lights in those stores affect the color presentation.

I held the phone under the display counter and the blue darkened up quite a bit. Absolutely lovely color.........

Silver is too much........ way to much........ of a fingerprint gatherer and reflective distraction for my tastes.

Black looks really nice - it is a flat black unlike the glossier S 7 - may have to go with the Black!!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
64bd9d316f4b5cb184b7f6567e39b0cd.jpg

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
So I am a guy and pro-ordered the Blue Coral. Best Buy didn't have the blue in stock so I went off the pictures. I just saw one at a T-Mobile Kiosk and it was a lighter blue than I thought it was going to be. Now with that said, I wear purple and pink and have no issues being a Metrosexual....LOL.
I do like having phones that don't look like everyone else's and usually go naked so a case is not an option. I am not sure if it was the lighting in the mall but the back of the blue looked very pale and not blue at all. While I understand it is my decision and I probably sound I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, I am curious what others think of the blue?
Thank you in advance,
Dean

You lost me at Metrosexual.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I hunt Grizz'er Bears for a hobby and eat red meat three meals a day, but thought the Coral blue was pretty awesome at the Verizon store.

Definitely not as dark as seen in video reviews, but think ths bright lights in those stores affect the color presentation.

I held the phone under the display counter and the blue darkened up quite a bit. Absolutely lovely color.........

Silver is too much........ way to much........ of a fingerprint gatherer and reflective distraction for my tastes.

Black looks really nice - it is a flat black unlike the glossier S 7 - may have to go with the Black!!!!!!

LOL
I run large commercial construction projects, and I'm not afraid to pull out my Blue phone in front of all the steel and concrete workers. :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what's more metrosexual, having a powder blue phone or judging someone else because they have one.

(I ordered blue and can't wait)

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I originally wanted the blue coral but actually seeing it in person I'm kind of glad I got the onxy black, but whatever is best for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech