Struggling with Color Choice - Blue Coral

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I am a guy and pro-ordered the Blue Coral. Best Buy didn't have the blue in stock so I went off the pictures. I just saw one at a T-Mobile Kiosk and it was a lighter blue than I thought it was going to be. Now with that said, I wear purple and pink and have no issues being a Metrosexual....LOL.
I do like having phones that don't look like everyone else's and usually go naked so a case is not an option. I am not sure if it was the lighting in the mall but the back of the blue looked very pale and not blue at all. While I understand it is my decision and I probably sound I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, I am curious what others think of the blue?
Thank you in advance,
Dean

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is go and see one in person before pulling the trigger. I was all about the blue and then saw it in person and didn't like it after all.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a dude, haven't seen the blue in person yet. That being said, I also went ahead and pre-ordered the coral blue color as well. Seeing from all the pictures and even the color comparison on this site, I know that the color can be affected by the lightning. I fell in love with the color from the leaks and seeing it in video and pictures made me just want it more.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a dude, haven't seen the blue in person yet. That being said, I also went ahead and pre-ordered the coral blue color as well. Seeing from all the pictures and even the color comparison on this site, I know that the color can be affected by the lightning. I fell in love with the color from the leaks and seeing it in video and pictures made me just want it more.

My issue was that the border was less rose gold and more copper colored which looked off. It may work for some but I wasn't digging it once I got a demo in my hands.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a dude and I think the Blue looks great. So does the gold. IMO, there's not a bad color in the batch. You really need to figure what's best for you. If you aren't crazy about your choice maybe your seller can swap at point of sale.

I ordered Silver and it was a knee-jerk reaction to:
- Not buying the same old freakin' black color I've always had. The black looks great, but it's hard for me to think of anything more boring.
- The fact that every time I've seen a Silver S7 in the wild, I do a double-take. My instant reaction is "What is THAT?" "I like it!"

Black can be considered by some as providing a better contrasting bezel to a colorful screen. But, as I've pointed out in another post, Apple has done pretty well I think with awesome displays that have light (white, actually) bezels. So I am not sure this is so much of a thing.

Sam's Club already told me that they will be getting only the stock that is pre-ordered, initially. So, they are not expecting anyone to swap. I am OK with that 'cause as of now, I am all in on Silver.

-bk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My issue was that the border was less rose gold and more copper colored which looked off. It may work for some but I wasn't digging it once I got a demo in my hands.
I don't understand gold color with blue anyway. Silver looks much better with blue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Stick with black. These colors are just a fad and get old quick, you will wish you had purchased the black in the long run.

I purchased the Silver/Chrome S7 edge and was got sick of the mirror within 2 weeks. Sold it and got the black.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The Blue Coral matches my Tennessee Titans perfectly. It's closer to a Carolina blue honestly and doesn't look like a feminine color in person.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Stick with black. These colors are just a fad and get old quick, you will wish you had purchased the black in the long run.

I purchased the Silver/Chrome S7 edge and was got sick of the mirror within 2 weeks. Sold it and got the black.
I have had one black phones. I like color and if I can't get color, it is white. No white N7 this time.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Like others have mentioned, look at it in person. I wasn't a fan of the clash of rose gold and blue. Seeing it in person though it looked pretty good to me. However I thing silver and blue would have been better. I went with black.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Like others have mentioned, look at it in person. I wasn't a fan of the clash of rose gold and blue. Seeing it in person though it looked pretty good to me. However I thing silver and blue would have been better. I went with black.
I wasn't crazy about the rose gold, regular gold would be better than something with a red tone. That said, it didn't look liked it clashed.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the blue in the sprint store, and changed my mind to black. I think blue would get old very quickly, and I thought it was more geared to women. I was really hoping to get a phone that wasn't black for once, but the silver is more like a mirror, and I liked it even less.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm the dude, playing a dude, that's disguised as another dude. You the dude that don't know what dude he is!

Probably Onyx or Silver.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
So I am a guy and pro-ordered the Blue Coral. Best Buy didn't have the blue in stock so I went off the pictures. I just saw one at a T-Mobile Kiosk and it was a lighter blue than I thought it was going to be. Now with that said, I wear purple and pink and have no issues being a Metrosexual....LOL.
I do like having phones that don't look like everyone else's and usually go naked so a case is not an option. I am not sure if it was the lighting in the mall but the back of the blue looked very pale and not blue at all. While I understand it is my decision and I probably sound I am talking out of both sides of my mouth, I am curious what others think of the blue?
Thank you in advance,
Dean

Looks like a girly color to me as well. Been saying it before its release.

InB4 colors have no gender....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463