I know the Note 7 isn't out yet but I figured I would ask if there may be a way to sync SNotes automatically to GDrive or GKeep so I can get my notes on those apps easily instead of manually having to do it... I mean I can but it would be nice if it did that in the background.

Anyone know of a way? Or if this is even possible?
    08-09-2016 11:42 AM
    Not directly, and I don't know of any 3rd party apps that would. SNotes can sync automatically only to your Samsung Account or to Evernote, that's it.

While there is a PC client for SNotes, Evernote 'wins' when it comes to access your notes over a web browser on any device (just remember, you can view them, but not edit them unless you're in a phone or PC with S-Notes installed)
    08-09-2016 11:53 AM
    I loved Evernote until they changed their pricing scheme. I moved to OneNote now.

Perhaps the OP can sync S-Notes with Evernote, then use IFTTT to sync Evernote with Google Drive?
    08-09-2016 12:14 PM
    That's one option, if Evernote allows that (not sure). With their new pricing, unless you have a ton of heavy notes per day, it shouldn't affect it if you sync daily from S-Notes.
    08-09-2016 12:23 PM
    Can't you just tap the devices together and/or using smart switch?? When I went from my Note 4 to Note 5,almost EVERYTHING except third party app data jumped from the Note 4 to my Note 5... Settings, and all System Apps and Samsung Apps/data for sure...
    08-09-2016 04:29 PM
    You can... but that's not automatic. If you want to just sync your notes as you go in case something happens or just to have them available should your phone not be, doing that is manually sending files from one device to another. If you want to keep them in sync, then you'd have to remember to do that periodically.

BUT if you are just looking to do that once to go from one device to another, then yeah, you're right, you don't need Drive, you just need Smart Switch or just syncing your S-Note to your Samsung account. Both would bring your notes to the new device once the sync is initiated.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:37 PM
    You can... but that's not automatic. If you want to just sync your notes as you go in case something happens or just to have them available should your phone not be, doing that is manually sending files from one device to another. If you want to keep them in sync, then you'd have to remember to do that periodically.

BUT if you are just looking to do that once to go from one device to another, then yeah, you're right, you don't need Drive, you just need Smart Switch or just syncing your S-Note to your Samsung account. Both would bring your notes to the new device once the sync is initiated.
    Sounds about right... I generally keep all of my Samsung account info synced up every day anyway, but isn't there something that will sync the data between devices wirelessly by touching their backs also (back to back kind of thing) or is that NFC SmartSwitch in action?? I mean, if you have your Samsung Acount on both devices and have them both set to autosync then it should carry over every time each syncs up, right??
    08-09-2016 04:40 PM
    The 'back to back' thing is an NFC thing. Without SmartSwitch, it would need each file to be manually flagged for transfer and usually only works on the Gallery app and File Managers. SmartSwitch lets you do that 'automatically' (you still need to initiate the transfer manually, but it'll automatically send all files types you selected to back up). Plus, SmartSwitch lets you sync devices in other ways, like through USB connection and WiFi Direct.
    08-09-2016 04:45 PM
    Plus there is Samsung Cloud now... 15GB With the Note 7 purchase to start... That ought to help for S-Notes for sure
    BustA Groove likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:45 PM
    hello
    may i ask a related question .
    i use s note extensively . i have it sync with evernote
    is there a way to have s notes synch with evernote so that all the s notes go to a particular note book rather than just randomly dispersed
    thank you
    08-10-2016 04:59 AM
    Unfortunately, nope. That's an Evernote limitation: It syncs notes, but not folders. So all your S-Notes will be added as individual notes to your main Evernote notebook, even though they might be organized by folders in S-Note. You can manually move them once they're in Evernote and they'll keep syincing, but you have to move them yourself.

If you want to keep them in the same folders, the only option would be to use the S-Notes PC program, but there's no web access for those.
    08-10-2016 11:30 AM