Note 7 & 3500 mAh - How will battery life be?

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
It seems like a few of the common 'testers' might have the Note 7, so I'm wondering why there have been no battery tests or reviews yet? Any thoughts on the 3500mHa battery life, etc? I was checking out some Note 5 tests and it seems like it performed very well, so I can only assume the Note 7 will outperform a Note 5 by at least a bit?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
re: Note 7 & 3500 mAh - How will battery life be?

16% larger battery with a more efficient display and SoC... I'm expecting 10-20% better battery life but wouldn't be surprised to see 25%.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Does it seem odd there are not battery tests yet? I haven't shopped a new phone since the Note Edge, so I'm a bit out of the loop on how fast battery tests come out.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a few of the common 'testers' might have the Note 7, so I'm wondering why there have been no battery tests or reviews yet? Any thoughts on the 3500mHa battery life, etc? I was checking out some Note 5 tests and it seems like it performed very well, so I can only assume the Note 7 will outperform a Note 5 by at least a bit?

Even though test units are out, there is a common theory (that i believe to be true) that when you get a new phone dont even pay attention to battery life for the first several days.

You spend that time downloading apps, and setting the phone up and moving files and that taxes the battery.

After having the phone a few days you usually get more into your routine with the phone and the battery settles in. That is when you start seeing how battery life is going to be for you.

I think that is why it is usually a week before you really start seeing real world battery reviews.

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Even though test units are out, there is a common theory (that i believe to be true) that when you get a new phone dont even pay attention to battery life for the first several days.

You spend that time downloading apps, and setting the phone up and moving files and that taxes the battery.

After having the phone a few days you usually get more into your routine with the phone and the battery settles in. That is when you start seeing how battery life is going to be for you.

I think that is why it is usually a week before you really start seeing real world battery reviews.

So very true.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just preordered mine from Verizon.. I'm coming from the Galaxy S6 so hoping for better battery life on the Note 7

The S7 has a lot better battery life than the s6, so hopefully you will see a HUGE difference with the Note7 lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If its anything like the S7 Edge, battery life will be quite good if not excellent. If you're on your phone non stop, you may have to recharge once. But moderate to slightly heavy users should have no issues.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yep, for sure that's a great point. I'm sure the battery life will be just fine but I am definitely excited to see how well it performs.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Comparing my Note 5 to my wife's S7 Edge she easily will have more than 45% when I was at 0%. This is based on a few days last week on vacation and away from a charger for 12 plus hours and taking a lot of pictures on both. She does have a larger battery and mines almost a year old too but if the Note 7 is similar to G7 Edge it will be very good IMO.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Battery tests are fine and all, but I don't really know how to interpret something that says they get x amount of screen on time as it doesn't really correlate to my typical use. The only way I can gauge battery life is to get the phone and use is as I normally do and see how it goes. I know that my phones are typically around around 60% after a 10h shift in the ER, so I just need to get one and use it for a few days to see how it will compare.

I've always thought that QHD seemed like overkill for most things so perhaps I'll just set mine to 1080.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing about battery time.. Different people using phones, different carriers, different signals, different apps..

That means battery life can vary. It doesn't matter if someone is getting 20 hours on one charge and you are only getting 12 hours on one charge if that 12 hours meets your needs.

People always start comparing their battery life to others and some people will get very good battery life. We all just have to set up our phones with what works for us individually.

If you participated in the Note 5 battery thread last year or this year, you will remember the massive thread.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A person who had the Note 5 and gets the Note 7 can at least comment with his own similar usage pattern which lasts longer.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
A person who had the Note 5 and gets the Note 7 can at least comment with his own similar usage pattern which lasts longer.

Right.

And while usage will vary, discussing it does give people a ball park idea.

The general concensus is that the s7edge is an all day battery, now of course it varies from person to person but it does give someone looking to buy an idea.

So yeah, i still like hearing what other people are getting.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can of course try and compare, but still we are talking about two different phones.

Each Note gets better battery for me, but also it takes a couple weeks for me to get true battery life ideas.

New phone, setting it up, playing with it, every new Samsung and even updated phone I've had, also seems to need time to settle in.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right.

And while usage will vary, discussing it does give people a ball park idea.

The general concensus is that the s7edge is an all day battery, now of course it varies from person to person but it does give someone looking to buy an idea.

So yeah, i still like hearing what other people are getting.

Oh yeah discussing and comparing and helping each other isn't a problem. Some people got angry because they didn't get the same battery usage as others.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The standby times for my S7 is insanely good. That and having a quick charge here and there. I have no doubt the N7 is going to be a beast for performance and battery life.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My s7 Edge battery was great, pretty terrible now which concerns me as its a bigger battery then the Note 7, smaller screen.

What carrier are you on. I thought the s7 edge had great battery life until one of the updates I got on it. I ended up selling and going back to the note 5 which has been really consistent battery life since I got it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance