Note 7 & 3500 mAh - How will battery life be?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Comparing my Note 5 to my wife's S7 Edge she easily will have more than 45% when I was at 0%. This is based on a few days last week on vacation and away from a charger for 12 plus hours and taking a lot of pictures on both. She does have a larger battery and mines almost a year old too but if the Note 7 is similar to G7 Edge it will be very good IMO.

If the Snapdragon 820 in the Note 7 is similar to the one in the GS7 Edge, average SOT should be between 4.5 to 6 hrs with mixed WiFi and 4G LTE and brightness set to autobrightness.

I've never had to charge my GS7 Edge before bedtime and the highest SOT I got was a bit over 6 hrs with all features on such as autobrightness, GPS, NFC, sync, Bluetooth, wifi, and LTE.

I always have to turn that crap off, I feel.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Comparing my Note 5 to my wife's S7 Edge she easily will have more than 45% when I was at 0%. This is based on a few days last week on vacation and away from a charger for 12 plus hours and taking a lot of pictures on both. She does have a larger battery and mines almost a year old too but if the Note 7 is similar to G7 Edge it will be very good IMO.

My guess is that it'll be similar to the s7 edge but maybe an hour less SOT since it's a bigger screen and smaller battery

I refuse to believe a 100 mah difference equates to an hour.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Smaller battery and bigger screen. Hope it's not an hour, but could easily figure a half hour. We will see.

Yeah, but a 100 mah isn't THAT significant I would think, even with slight differences such as a minutely bigger screen. That, and with Doze, and resolution changes available...I think it'll be equal, or even outperform the S7Edge.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I refuse to believe a 100 mah difference equates to an hour.
It doesn't. Assuming 6 hours SOT m normal usage on the Note 5, each 100 mAh should be approximately 12 minutes of SOT. And since we all know to avoid getting the battery below 40%, it's likely closer to a 5-7 minute difference, all other things being equal.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am quite the opposite. I couldn't care less about the benchmarks. I want to know how long it will last with my usage compared to : my usage with my Note 5 for example. Those generic CNET, Verge, etc battery tests make for good discussions, and perhaps a very general idea of a battery performance. However for me, they often don't quite correlate with what I end up seeing myself comparatively.

Exactly... Benchmarks are not the real world tests, but if benchmarks show the S7 Edge and the Note 7 in the same ballpark, we are likely in for some awesome real world test results. So it's not everything but is a pretty good indicator.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't. Assuming 6 hours SOT m normal usage on the Note 5, each 100 mAh should be approximately 12 minutes of SOT. And since we all know to avoid getting the battery below 40%, it's likely closer to a 5-7 minute difference, all other things being equal.

Not below 40? 😨

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown