09-19-2016 11:15 AM
125 1234 ...
tools
    This is a deal breaker for me. The primary reason I've used the spen in all of my previous notes was the "link to action" function, particularly jotting down a number than calling that number directly. Seriously considering returning the N7 and keeping my N5. So disappointed.
    I have the apk for the S Notes with Action Memo and it's working perfectly. Including the "Link to Action" function.
    crusader666 likes this.
    08-20-2016 07:49 AM
    I have the apk for the S Notes with Action Memo and it's working perfectly. Including the "Link to Action" function.
    I downloaded SNotes but am unable to find anything that resembles Action Memo or "Link to Action". Perhaps I didn't install the same app?
    08-20-2016 08:14 AM
    I downloaded SNotes but am unable to find anything that resembles Action Memo or "Link to Action". Perhaps I didn't install the same app?
    It's not the one from the Galaxy Store. I have the apk in a shared Dropbox folder. I'm just not sure of the forum rules related to posting links to share files.
    08-20-2016 08:19 AM
    Thank you!!! I had installed SNote but didn't see the option for Action Memo. Now I've added it to the Air Command shortcuts. The only problem is that all of my old action memos from my N5 did not get moved to the N7 as Verizon assured me that they would.
    08-20-2016 08:22 AM
    Thank you!!! I had installed SNote but didn't see the option for Action Memo. Now I've added it to the Air Command shortcuts. The only problem is that all of my old action memos from my N5 did not get moved to the N7 as Verizon assured me that they would.
    I sent you a PM with link.
    08-20-2016 08:28 AM
    Here is the xda link to getting Action Memo back.

[GUIDE] How To Get Back Action Memo | Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    dsignori likes this.
    08-20-2016 08:35 AM
    The apk only adds Action Memo functionality. Does it change anything fundamentally to the app?
    08-20-2016 08:52 AM
    Sorry, but "Create Note" is nothing close to what "Action Memo" was/is on other phones. Action Memo allowed the user to link to a phone number, email address, etc. Was much faster and easier to use then what they stuck on the Note 7. Seems like something as important as Note Taking would be a top priority for Samsung but it is not. Then they have both Samsung Notes and S Note on the Note 7 which confuses matters as both serve different purposes. Notes in S Note cannot be associated with Reminders, only notes in Samsung Notes have that option. With true Action Memos on the Note 5, one could easily set a reminder for the note. This is a huge step backward for the Note Series, but it is an awesome phone other than that.
    08-20-2016 09:01 AM
    will be following this thread, i have never used a note before (coming from iPhone). The last time i used a stylus on a phone was my old Palm Pilot. Action Memo sounds very useful.
    08-20-2016 09:06 AM
    The apk only adds Action Memo functionality. Does it change anything fundamentally to the app?
    It installs the old S Notes which includes Action Memo and Link to Action.
    Attached Thumbnails No more action memo?-754.jpg  
    08-20-2016 09:07 AM
    That's interesting. I have S Note on my new Note 7 and there isn't even remotely anything like the Action Memo like I had on the Note 5. Maybe I have to try and get the older version of S Note on my Note 7?
    08-20-2016 09:14 AM
    That's interesting. I have S Note on my new Note 7 and there isn't even remotely anything like the Action Memo like I had on the Note 5. Maybe I have to try and get the older version of S Note on my Note 7?
    Go back up 5 post, I've posted a link to the xda post with link to older S Notes with Action Memo and Link to Action.
    crusader666 and ihbsbA like this.
    08-20-2016 09:18 AM
    Here is the xda link to getting Action Memo back.

[GUIDE] How To Get Back Action Memo | Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    Thank you for posting that, but I'm doing something wrong. I had installed SNote yesterday when I saw Action Memo gone (before seeing this post). I just uninstalled it & installed from your link. I'm left with what's in the pic below. I don't see any way to create an action memo from the spen shortcuts. I have to open S Notes, open my saved action memos, and from there can create a new one. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong?No more action memo?-1471704992536.jpg
    08-20-2016 09:56 AM
    Thank you for posting that, but I'm doing something wrong. I had installed SNote yesterday when I saw Action Memo gone (before seeing this post). I just uninstalled it & installed from your link. I'm left with what's in the pic below. I don't see any way to create an action memo from the spen shortcuts. I have to open S Notes, open my saved action memos, and from there can create a new one. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1471704992536.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	236273
    First try holding the S Pen button and double tap anywhere on the screen, even from within another app. Action Memo should open.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:05 AM
    Not sure it's going to work for me. When I try to link to a task it wants conflicting permissions with the calendar.
    08-20-2016 10:53 AM
    Not sure it's going to work for me. When I try to link to a task it wants conflicting permissions with the calendar.
    I see the same thing. I went back through all the other options and all the other actions worked just fine. I'm going to have to live with it this way and hope for a change. The main ones I use are phone, contact, and email. Each of which are working perfectly. I'll take it for now.
    08-20-2016 11:06 AM
    I have been playing with the s note widget, and i think i can see what they were trying to do by putting it all together.

If you use the big widget for s note, you kind of have them on your screen. Its not as good, but you can still see them easy enough.

Again, i was a big action memo user and i don't like that it's gone, hopefully someone will realize we need it back!!!
    08-20-2016 11:21 AM
    I am a fanboy.. I'll admit it. But they really screwed up with the changes to the note app. I am thrilled to the guys above me who posted the guide to getting action memos back. I personally don't really use action memos for anything other than as a post it... But they gutted the software... I miss photo note.

I get a layout guide at work. I used photo note every other week to photo the page into the phone, and erase things I need changed, then I hand write changes print it as a pdf... not any more. (At least not out of the box)
    MarqBland likes this.
    08-20-2016 11:43 AM
    Make sure u sync everything for Samsung. After I did, all my action memos and notes came back
    08-20-2016 12:04 PM
    Get on twitter and Facebook and demand/ask nicely its return

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 12:05 PM
    First try holding the S Pen button and double tap anywhere on the screen, even from within another app. Action Memo should open.
    Thank you! Doh! I got so used to opening it from the S-Pen's short cut menu that I completely forgot about opening it by tapping. You seriously saved me so much agita today. Tho I am so damn p*ssed, they're dumbing such an elegant and powerful phone down more and more with each release. Definitely will post on Samsung's fb account, but do they really give a crap?
    Connert and ihbsbA like this.
    08-20-2016 12:36 PM
    An update to my previous note, with the caveat that Samsung needs to lay off the crack pipe! In order to get the Action Memo feature us diehard Note fans cannot live without, this is what worked for me:
    1) Evidently, using Smart Switch when I upgraded Note 5 to Note 7 did a crappy job with installing S Note (or an incorrect version was installed, who knows);
    2) I uninstalled S Note from my phone altogether (notes remained in my phone memory though);
    3) Went to Google Play Store and REINSTALLED S Note to my Note 7;
    4) Waited about 90 seconds after opening S Note for all the appropriate notes stored on my phone to be imported into S Note (this was automatic, I didn't tell it to do a thing);
    5) I installed or reinstalled the Extension Pack for S Note which there is a link to from S Note under the 3-dot thingy, and then "More features," which comes from the Galaxy Store;
    6) Went to main section of S Note and clicked on the icon with Up Arrow inside a small Orange Circle and there is a button for "Action memo," go figure.

What sucks is I've yet to find a way to get the "Action memo" into an S Pen Shortcut (Settings, S Pen, Air command, Shortcuts) the way it is on the Note 5. One can make "S Note" a Shortcut, but NOT "Action memo." Another workaound I could find is the silly S Pen widget which has a small icon on the end of the bar to get directly to Action Memo.

Why on earth Samsung hides stuff and makes a customer go through hoops for a feature that is like so friggin' part of why Note is Note is insane, so tweeting them now and asking they provide "Action memo" under "S pen features" Shortcuts: @SamsungSupport, @SamsungMobile, and @SamsungMobileUS #Note7
    nobrakes and jadenerd like this.
    08-20-2016 01:01 PM
    I have been playing with the s note widget, and i think i can see what they were trying to do by putting it all together.

If you use the big widget for s note, you kind of have them on your screen. Its not as good, but you can still see them easy enough.

Again, i was a big action memo user and i don't like that it's gone, hopefully someone will realize we need it back!!!
    I installed "S Notes" from the Google Play Store. When I opened it, I hit the three dots in the top right corner and hit "more features." Photo Note was one of the options to download in that menu. Be sure to also install the extension pack. Now when you go into S Note you'll see an arrow in the bottom right corner above the pen, and there should be an option once you hit that arrow to use Photo Note.
    08-20-2016 10:40 PM
    6) Went to main section of S Note and clicked on the icon with Up Arrow inside a small Orange Circle and there is a button for "Action memo," go figure.
    It's very odd. The S Note app from the Galaxy store doesn't have the Action Memo option.
    08-20-2016 11:28 PM
    It's very odd. The S Note app from the Galaxy store doesn't have the Action Memo option.
    Try it from the Google Play store. That one is working just fine for me.
    08-20-2016 11:30 PM
125 1234 ...