09-19-2016 11:15 AM
125 ... 345
tools
    Just didn't offer as many linking options and more difficult to do. I downloaded the S-note app to the demo model at best buy to get those options, but they didn't work as well.
    I'm not sure if this would help you, but I just use the Google on tap feature to link to actions.
    08-27-2016 10:04 AM
    Oh no not the same.. Did you use action memo link on the Note 5?

I could be taking a Note while on the phone, write down an address. I link an action to navigate and it pulls up that address in maps for me.

You can also call a phone number you write down, add a contact, send an email and several other things.
    08-27-2016 10:13 AM
    I'm not sure if this would help you, but I just use the Google on tap feature to link to actions.
    This sounds promising. Wild you mind explaining in more detail please?
    08-27-2016 10:14 AM
    I think I've got the gist of it here:

What is Google's Now on Tap and how does it work? - Pocket-lint

Using contextual function?
    08-27-2016 10:16 AM
    Write your note, press the home button, and select an action. Should work the same as action memo.
    08-27-2016 10:16 AM
    Oh no not the same.. Did you use action memo link on the Note 5?

I could be taking a Note while on the phone, write down an address. I link an action to navigate and it pulls up that address in maps for me.

You can also call a phone number you write down, add a contact, send an email and several other things.
    I believe I can do similar things.
    08-27-2016 10:17 AM
    I think I've got the gist of it here:

What is Google's Now on Tap and how does it work? - Pocket-lint

Using contextual function?

Bosbouer likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:24 AM
    I can't even do it on my Note 5 with Google On Tap with an Action Memo or S-Note.
    08-27-2016 10:25 AM
    On the Note 7 you can get a "link to action" but it isn't as much as what was on the action memo.
    08-27-2016 10:27 AM
    Will work for me.

Good work around!
    08-27-2016 10:33 AM
    But that is a typed note.. It doesn't recognize handwriting. That's the issue..
    2ndHalfCor likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:56 AM
    But that is a typed note.. It doesn't recognize handwriting. That's the issue..
    True. But, I still use the s-pen to write the note it's just converted into typed text. So, to me it ends up being the same thing just in a neater package.
    08-27-2016 11:42 AM
    Oh, mine are all handwritten. Adding contacts, calling numbers, sending a text, email etc.
    08-27-2016 11:48 AM
    Not close to the same as Action Memo. I tried several times to dial a phone number and it could not convert my handwriting to text. Action Memo works every time with less steps. The side loaded s memo works just fine. I'll wait and see what this pop up is that Samsung Notes is getting next month.
    08-27-2016 12:44 PM
    Not sure it's going to work for me. When I try to link to a task it wants conflicting permissions with the calendar.
    I see the same thing. I went back through all the other options and all the other actions worked just fine. I'm going to have to live with it this way and hope for a change. The main ones I use are phone, contact, and email. Each of which are working perfectly. I'll take it for now.
    I got linking to Tasks to work! Try this:

1. If you have an open Action Memo, save it (one time only).
    2. Go to Application Manager
    ..- Find S Note
    ..- Force Stop
    ..- Scroll down to Permissions and allow Calendar

The message "Screen overlay detected...." was due to trying to change S Note's permissions while having an open Action Memo. When there is no open memo, before turning that permission on, that won't be an issue. Subsequent Action Memo links to Tasks work fine.

(Thank you to user Trel on XDA - Trel - Senior Member - XDA Forums)
    Connert likes this.
    08-28-2016 11:36 PM
    I can't get the .apk in the attached message to load. I'm on Vz. I just get a message "this app was not installed"
    08-29-2016 12:47 PM
    I can't get the .apk in the attached message to load. I'm on Vz. I just get a message "this app was not installed"
    Did you download from the link provided in this post?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5348636
    08-29-2016 12:52 PM
    Also, did you uninstall any other version of S Note that you may have installed first?
    08-29-2016 12:55 PM
    Did you download from the link provided in this post?

No more action memo? - Page 2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Also, did you uninstall any other version of S Note that you may have installed first?
    Yes I used the link. I haven't installed any other S note. I have the pre-loaded version of Samsung notes still

edit: nevermind, I do have a version of s notes installed. Didn't realize it was on there already.
    08-29-2016 01:45 PM
    I got linking to Tasks to work! Try this:

1. If you have an open Action Memo, save it (one time only).
    2. Go to Application Manager
    ..- Find S Note
    ..- Force Stop
    ..- Scroll down to Permissions and allow Calendar

The message "Screen overlay detected...." was due to trying to change S Note's permissions while having an open Action Memo. When there is no open memo, before turning that permission on, that won't be an issue. Subsequent Action Memo links to Tasks work fine.

(Thank you to user Trel on XDA - Trel - Senior Member - XDA Forums)
    Thanks, this worked for me. Still not sure what the devs were think when they removed Action Memo. I'm waiting to see what the replacement is like in next month's update to Samsung Notes. At this point though, it will not make a lot of difference as long as S Notes keeps working. It will be interesting I believe.
    08-29-2016 07:18 PM
    ...Still not sure what the devs were think when they removed Action Memo.....
    Haha, my theory is that the devs/programmers responsible for the invaluable S Notes up and quit, and Samsung had to grab some high school kid (tho odds are they could have done a better job) to throw "something" together to get the great "All-In-One" Samsung Notes app out the door by release date!
    bushy73 likes this.
    08-30-2016 02:16 PM
    Go back up 5 post, I've posted a link to the xda post with link to older S Notes with Action Memo and Link to Action.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    09-18-2016 11:04 PM
    Bring back private mode
    09-19-2016 08:03 AM
    Bring back private mode
    I believe this was replaced by the private folder.
    09-19-2016 11:07 AM
    I'm not sure if it's been referenced before... but Erica Griffin in her Note 7 review commented on action notes and said to sideload a specific version to use but do not update when asked because it will not work then. She also said she was told action memo will finally be updated eventually to work with Note 7.She recommended version 5.1.0 at the 14 minute mark.

calicocat2010 likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:15 AM
125 ... 345