No more action memo?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure it's going to work for me. When I try to link to a task it wants conflicting permissions with the calendar.

I see the same thing. I went back through all the other options and all the other actions worked just fine. I'm going to have to live with it this way and hope for a change. The main ones I use are phone, contact, and email. Each of which are working perfectly. I'll take it for now.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been playing with the s note widget, and i think i can see what they were trying to do by putting it all together.

If you use the big widget for s note, you kind of have them on your screen. Its not as good, but you can still see them easy enough.

Again, i was a big action memo user and i don't like that it's gone, hopefully someone will realize we need it back!!!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am a fanboy.. I'll admit it. But they really screwed up with the changes to the note app. I am thrilled to the guys above me who posted the guide to getting action memos back. I personally don't really use action memos for anything other than as a post it... But they gutted the software... I miss photo note.

I get a layout guide at work. I used photo note every other week to photo the page into the phone, and erase things I need changed, then I hand write changes print it as a pdf... not any more. (At least not out of the box)

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!!! I had installed SNote but didn't see the option for Action Memo. Now I've added it to the Air Command shortcuts. The only problem is that all of my old action memos from my N5 did not get moved to the N7 as Verizon assured me that they would.

Make sure u sync everything for Samsung. After I did, all my action memos and notes came back

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
First try holding the S Pen button and double tap anywhere on the screen, even from within another app. Action Memo should open.
Thank you! Doh! I got so used to opening it from the S-Pen's short cut menu that I completely forgot about opening it by tapping. You seriously saved me so much agita today. Tho I am so damn p*ssed, they're dumbing such an elegant and powerful phone down more and more with each release. Definitely will post on Samsung's fb account, but do they really give a crap?

crusader666

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
An update to my previous note, with the caveat that Samsung needs to lay off the crack pipe! In order to get the Action Memo feature us diehard Note fans cannot live without, this is what worked for me:
1) Evidently, using Smart Switch when I upgraded Note 5 to Note 7 did a crappy job with installing S Note (or an incorrect version was installed, who knows);
2) I uninstalled S Note from my phone altogether (notes remained in my phone memory though);
3) Went to Google Play Store and REINSTALLED S Note to my Note 7;
4) Waited about 90 seconds after opening S Note for all the appropriate notes stored on my phone to be imported into S Note (this was automatic, I didn't tell it to do a thing);
5) I installed or reinstalled the Extension Pack for S Note which there is a link to from S Note under the 3-dot thingy, and then "More features," which comes from the Galaxy Store;
6) Went to main section of S Note and clicked on the icon with Up Arrow inside a small Orange Circle and there is a button for "Action memo," go figure.

What sucks is I've yet to find a way to get the "Action memo" into an S Pen Shortcut (Settings, S Pen, Air command, Shortcuts) the way it is on the Note 5. One can make "S Note" a Shortcut, but NOT "Action memo." Another workaound I could find is the silly S Pen widget which has a small icon on the end of the bar to get directly to Action Memo.

Why on earth Samsung hides stuff and makes a customer go through hoops for a feature that is like so friggin' part of why Note is Note is insane, so tweeting them now and asking they provide "Action memo" under "S pen features" Shortcuts: @SamsungSupport, @SamsungMobile, and @SamsungMobileUS #Note7

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I have been playing with the s note widget, and i think i can see what they were trying to do by putting it all together.

If you use the big widget for s note, you kind of have them on your screen. Its not as good, but you can still see them easy enough.

Again, i was a big action memo user and i don't like that it's gone, hopefully someone will realize we need it back!!!

I installed "S Notes" from the Google Play Store. When I opened it, I hit the three dots in the top right corner and hit "more features." Photo Note was one of the options to download in that menu. Be sure to also install the extension pack. Now when you go into S Note you'll see an arrow in the bottom right corner above the pen, and there should be an option once you hit that arrow to use Photo Note.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it says it's incompatible with my Note 7. The only way I can see it is opening your link on my laptop.
This "incompatible" is new. It wasn't listed this way and was available earlier in the morning yesterday. I downloaded an earlier version apk from an xda user and it works just fine. The only issue I've found is the "task" link to action doesn't work. Everything else is just the same as before. I posted a link to the xda post back a few pages in this thread.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This "incompatible" is new. It wasn't listed this way and was available earlier in the morning yesterday. I downloaded an earlier version apk from an xda user and it works just fine. The only issue I've found is the "task" link to action doesn't work. Everything else is just the same as before. I posted a link to the xda post back a few pages in this thread.

Thanks. I saw your link from xda. I saved it, but haven't installed it yet. I was gonna try the official one from the Play Store first.

crusader666

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Evidently, with each phone update (at least on AT&T), this tedious setup has to be done all over again. I had everything working perfectly with Action Memos on my Note 7 this past weekend thanks to the info provided in the XDA Guide. This morning, AT&T pushed an update and now I get "Action memo not supported in S Note," blah blah blah. This is a bummer. I have tweeted Samsung like 5 or 6 times about this and maybe if they hear from enough of us...