No more action memo?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
While playing around at Best Buy, a sales person told me Action Memo is gone. This came from their Samsung training rep. The sales person said she'll be really digging into the phone on her break to see what she can find. We couldn't find it for the 5 or so minutes we played, but couldn't believe AM would be taken away. We know Samsung gives a little, but takes a little every year. Looks like AM is on the chopping block. Very useful feature imo.

Any of you heard any different or can check with your local Best Buy?

At&t Note5

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
While playing around at Best Buy, a sales person told me Action Memo is gone. This came from their Samsung training rep. The sales person said she'll be really digging into the phone on her break to see what she can find. We couldn't find it for the 5 or so minutes we played, but couldn't believe AM would be taken away. We know Samsung gives a little, but takes a little every year. Looks like AM is on the chopping block. Very useful feature imo.

Any of you heard any different or can check with your local Best Buy?

At&t Note5
I bet it's just positioned in a new place due to S-Notes consolidation... That would be a HORRIBLE THING to leave out of THE NOTE SERIES

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's called "Create Note" it is the exact same thing as action memo... So it's there, if maybe generationally updated/evolved, but it is the Note 7's "Action Memo"

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I know when i got the note5 home i started looking in the s note stuff and there were a few things missing. Turns out it had a place in settings to download the other stuff.

Maybe it will be something like that.

Action memo is what i use the s pen w most!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It's there... I assure you... Plain as day it is the top icon when you click the s-pen button, while hovering ober the screen or ejecting s-pen - "create note"... Plus, I am SURE there will be other goodies to downl9ad and add to the s-notes suite as well...

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I understand they combined Scrapbook, Action Memo and S Note into one app called Samsung Notes.
Samsung Notes is supposed to store everything your S-Pen does.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Whew! Thanks all. I'll pass by and play more tomorrow. Hopefully the same person will be there so we can dive in there together. Or maybe she found it on her break...

At&t Note5

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Action memo, scrapbook, and s note are now combined into 1 app called Samsung notes. Saw it on a review just now.

Hah...I see it was posted already and can't delete. Sorry

Posted via the Android Central App

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Under the new s-note there is no differnce between the old action memo's and the other notes. I for one always used action memo, and rarely s-note. If they make them all seamlessly the same, then no big deal. Often an action memo would need to grow, but couldn't being it was a 1 screen action memo.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Keep us posted...I can't wait

Went to ATT on my lunch. Neither me nor the sales person could find it. She said since its demo mode, it just may be that there isn't an option to download any suite of apps like the 5. We both felt like it HAS to be there but not finding anything. Idk...
This is a screen off memo, but the same thing happens in regular notes. No options to link action.

At&t Note5

Attachments

• 20160810_122919.jpg
    20160810_122919.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 130

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Went to ATT on my lunch. Neither me nor the sales person could find it. She said since its demo mode, it just may be that there isn't an option to download any suite of apps like the 5. We both felt like it HAS to be there but not finding anything. Idk...
This is a screen off memo, but the same thing happens in regular notes. No options to link action.

At&t Note5

Thanks for the update. Hopefully we can get our phones soon so we can figure it out.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Per many reports, it's there but it's different. They are no different than any other notes. You create a note, not a special action note. Even screen off notes are just plain notes. Check out the at&t or t-mobile instruction manual posted on these forums. It explains it.