Just played with a note 7 - oh myyy !!!

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Spent an hour at a Verizon store playing with a Coral Blue Note 7 - oh my........good gracious sakes alive

First things first - the FORM FACTOR is the best of any Samsung device and rivals HTC for "feel in the hand good". The SCREEN is simply amazing - the most highly rated display ever. The Samsung folks managed yet again to tweak the DIMENSIONS of the phone making it a smidge taller and a smidge thinner, and yet being a smidge thicker, it still feels smaller in the hand - much smaller. How a smartphone feels in the hand, and the display, can be and often are are deal killers and the Samsung folks hit the ball out of the park on these two counts.

The edge features, which I have always resisted - will make for faster functions in many different tasks. The unit I had had the Retina scanner operational - and it did not perform quickly as reported - may have been the demo unit.

For me (a minority who constantly uses the S - Pen) this is the defining improvement in the Note 7 - it writes like a dream - feels like a fine pen.

The battery improvement to 3500 mAh is more than adequate with the fast charge technology, not to mention the power saving mode allowing decreases in screen resolution.

Now - my only concern is - Coral Blue or Black??

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Spent an hour at a Verizon store playing with a Coral Blue Note 7 - oh my........good gracious sakes alive

First things first - the FORM FACTOR is the best of any Samsung device and rivals HTC for "feel in the hand good". The SCREEN is simply amazing - the most highly rated display ever. The Samsung folks managed yet again to tweak the DIMENSIONS of the phone making it a smidge taller and a smidge thinner, and yet being a smidge thicker, it still feels smaller in the hand - much smaller. How a smartphone feels in the hand, and the display, can be and often are are deal killers and the Samsung folks hit the ball out of the park on these two counts.

The edge features, which I have always resisted - will make for faster functions in many different tasks. The unit I had had the Retina scanner operational - and it did not perform quickly as reported - may have been the demo unit.

For me (a minority who constantly uses the S - Pen) this is the defining improvement in the Note 7 - it writes like a dream - feels like a fine pen.

The battery improvement to 3500 mAh is more than adequate with the fast charge technology, not to mention the power saving mode allowing decreases in screen resolution.

Nice mini review. I went with the black myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

I went with Black Oxyn.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm leaning towards the black which is unusual for me as I prefer gold or white phones, but would like to see in person before I decide, not sure is any retailers in the UK have them on display yet, does anybody know?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im going w the black. My note5 was white and i got over it pretty quick, im ready for a black note lol.

I agree that the way the edge display is made it put me at ease about it. The phone just seems awesome.

Sidenote- i posted a topic after playing w one and it got moved into another thread lol..

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Ugh I did the same 2 months from upgrade added a line will cancel in October all for this damn phone.
It is sweet. Prob go no scree protection just spigen case

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just love the way my S7 Edge Black Oxyn looks, So getting the Note 7 Black Oxyn and love that the sides frame are black too, Even tho i will have a case on it, Already have the Spigen case for Note 7 here, and Thursday my UAG Ash Case will be here with Armorsuit screen protector, Just waiting on next week when My Note 7 gets here, So am ready for it!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh now you've just opened up a can of worms. Free phone 😮

Do your friends get free phones also? Do you need new friends 🤔
Hahaha no they don't. Samsung and I had a huge falling out and I've been a long time Samsung person. They wanted the chance to make things right.

The phone was one thing, the two other things I required were correcting issues in customer care, which Samsung Plus seems to be accomplishing that. The other was correcting issues in the repair center. That one remains to be seen, but I'm giving them a chance.

I was ready to leave Samsung and I've been a Samsung customer since at least 1999.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech