08-12-2016 06:56 PM
94 1234
tools
    Yep my first preference is Craigslist as well. Will do swapppa if I can't find a buyer locally. For iPhones or galaxies not that hard to find local buyer.
    That is my experience with Galaxy phones here too. Also people here really pay top dollar because it is still cheaper than buying retail.
    08-09-2016 08:17 PM
    I'm deciding between black and silver. Most likely going with the black!
    08-09-2016 08:17 PM
    Ugh I did the same 2 months from upgrade added a line will cancel in October all for this damn phone.
    It is sweet. Prob go no scree protection just spigen case
    Like the edge, and S7 edge it will be hard to find proper fitting tempered glass. I will be using a unicorn beetle case until I get the Defender which the supcase doesn't have a built in screen protector so we will see how Gorilla Glass 5 holds up. Hopefully better than the 4 which was scratching easily on the s7.
    08-09-2016 08:50 PM
    I'd pre-order one but i'm having a helluva time selling this damn iphone!
    Which one? I need to buy one for my niece.
    08-09-2016 09:00 PM
    I need a yoke to hook-up to my two Black Oxyn; Babe and Mitch.
    08-09-2016 09:12 PM
    I need a yoke to hook-up to my two Black Oxyn; Babe and Mitch.
    Behave.
    08-09-2016 09:38 PM
    I'd pre-order one but i'm having a helluva time selling this damn iphone!
    Did you try swappa?
    08-09-2016 09:42 PM
    You know, tech companies do this a lot but I still never forgive them. The only time such a thing happened to me was in 2001. I bought my first Apple product, an iBook G3, and put 3rd party memory in it. Well, it died. This happened immediately. All within 1 month of owning it... my first dive into Apple. Well, I spent 3 weeks going back and forth between Apple tech support and Kingston memory support. They each kept blaming it on the other. Every. Single. Time. A dozen calls later, Kingston manned up and told me to send the laptop to them. I did.

Kingston called in some Apple hardware engineer and after almost 4 months, Apple sent me a brand new iBook, with a 30 something MHz bump. Even then it wasn't enough to satisfy being 4 months without my brand new iBook. Then, a few months later, Apple issued a recall on those iBooks due to faulty logic boards.

I've never forgiven or forgotten this. I got 30 MHz and a new lesson in life. One of great anger and frustration. They didn't make t right but they felt like they did by sending me a new laptop. Even though the one I sent in was 1 month old.

I know companies walk a fine line when it comes to recalls and managing problems but they know when they are wrong and should own up to it. In 2001 Apple's tech support sucked. By 2004, on to a PowerBook, they fixed every single issue without question. Not because they knew who I was, or knew of my past experience. Who really knows why.

Sometimes it all boils down to getting the right customer support person on the line. One that empathizes and likes their company enough to do the right thing.

Forgive Samsung, if you choose, but never forget.

Also, I have a $2400 stainless samsung refrigerator that has rust on it. I'm just too old to let a CS person have it. I'll fix it myself.

Good luck with your future experiences
    08-09-2016 09:47 PM
    Hear, hear.
    08-09-2016 09:53 PM
    Also, I second Swappa. I've sold two things there. You net more money than eBay. No way I would ever sell a phone on Craigslist. Hell, or anything else for that matter. Ha.
    libra89 and badMojo69 like this.
    08-09-2016 09:55 PM
    I bought my first Apple product, an iBook G3, and put 3rd party memory in it. Well, it died. Well, I spent 3 weeks going back and forth between Apple tech support and Kingston memory support. They each kept blaming it on the other. Every. Single. Time. A dozen calls later, Kingston manned up and told me to send the laptop to them. I did.
    Kingston called in some Apple hardware engineer and after almost 4 months, Apple sent me a brand new iBook, with a 30 something MHz bump. Even then it wasn't enough to satisfy being 4 months without my brand new iBook. Then, a few months later, Apple issued a recall on those iBooks due to faulty logic boards.
    I got 30 MHz and a new lesson in life. One of great anger and frustration. They didn't make t right but they felt like they did by sending me a new laptop. Even though the one I sent in was 1 month old.
    At least you got one of the companies to take it back, and make a significant investigation into it. In this day and age you'd probably get companies arguing that since you used 3rd party parts you invalidated the warranty and they'd refuse to touch it, and say you're screwed.
    Getting a new system with a bump in specs doesn't sound so bad to me. What do you feel they had to do beyond that to make you happy?

Alas, we digress. Lets talk more about playing with the Notes.
    08-09-2016 10:22 PM
    Black 4 I... Come on 19th. Anyone test drivers experience the external speaker? Quality good? the speaker ports look pretty small. Hoping it has quality sound and volume is good...
    08-09-2016 10:29 PM
    Anyone test drivers experience the external speaker? Quality good? the speaker ports look pretty small. Hoping it quality and volume is good...
    It has the same speaker(s) as the S7 edge. People have said that it has decent volume, but the quality isn't very good (especially if you're comparing it to something like HTC's One series).
    08-09-2016 10:36 PM
    Blue of course!
    08-09-2016 10:56 PM
    Mine's black
    08-09-2016 11:00 PM
    Craigslist if you have the skills to filter and spot the scammers. Pretty easy.

Or safer route sell thru Swappa.. If your phone is unlocked, good condition with box and accessories, you will get the ongoing price.
    I'm using craigslist and offerup but so far it's just scammers and people who don't show. I'll look more into swappa.
    08-09-2016 11:10 PM
    At least you got one of the companies to take it back, and make a significant investigation into it. In this day and age you'd probably get companies arguing that since you used 3rd party parts you invalidated the warranty and they'd refuse to touch it, and say you're screwed.
    Getting a new system with a bump in specs doesn't sound so bad to me. What do you feel they had to do beyond that to make you happy?

Alas, we digress. Lets talk more about playing with the Notes.
    I was without my laptop for 4 months. Let's assume it was my only computer, it wasn't, but let's assume that. It's unacceptable.

I suppose we can disagree on this one. With respect of course

Yes, we digress.

I already have a clear Spigen case and tempered glass screen protector (it does have the slight curve). I have no idea how this combo will work out. Works well in my iPhone 6S Plus but that curve concerns me. I mean I love the Note curve but how well a screen protector will work has me thinking.

I think we have seen the end to the sapphire screen dream but I'd love to go naked with this phone. I just don't like scratches. I usually sell my phones, so I take pretty good care of them.

Also, I'm done here. I have completely derailed this thread. Going a few years without being an active member of any forum and I just blurt all kinds of things out.

Pay me no mind.
    08-09-2016 11:56 PM
    I also played with one at my local AT&T and I was very impressed. The phone feels fantastic in the hand and screams premium. I also confirmed that I made the right choice ordering the black onyx. The black on black with the small bezels and screen looks so sleek.
    08-10-2016 12:46 AM
    Coming from iPhone 6+... Not that I listen to music from my external speaker... I'm just hoping for improvements. I am HAPPY to be switching. It's been a long time coming.
    pjbelsch likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:55 AM
    Black onyx for sure in my case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 01:21 AM
    Wonder when we in UK will have it in stores to view
    08-10-2016 04:44 AM
    You know, tech companies do this a lot but I still never forgive them. The only time such a thing happened to me was in 2001. I bought my first Apple product, an iBook G3, and put 3rd party memory in it. Well, it died. This happened immediately. All within 1 month of owning it... my first dive into Apple. Well, I spent 3 weeks going back and forth between Apple tech support and Kingston memory support. They each kept blaming it on the other. Every. Single. Time. A dozen calls later, Kingston manned up and told me to send the laptop to them. I did.

I've never forgiven or forgotten this. I got 30 MHz and a new lesson in life. One of great anger and frustration. They didn't make t right but they felt like they did by sending me a new laptop. Even though the one I sent in was 1 month old.

I know companies walk a fine line when it comes to recalls and managing problems but they know when they are wrong and should own up to it. In 2001 Apple's tech support sucked. By 2004, on to a PowerBook, they fixed every single issue without question. Not because they knew who I was, or knew of my past experience. Who really knows why.

Sometimes it all boils down to getting the right customer support person on the line. One that empathizes and likes their company enough to do the right thing.

Forgive Samsung, if you choose, but never forget.

Also, I have a $2400 stainless samsung refrigerator that has rust on it. I'm just too old to let a CS person have it. I'll fix it myself.

Good luck with your future experiences
    Well I've been a many years, many phone customer. They have been starting to address one complaint I have had for years, 800 Samsung. Samsung Plus has been much, much better. Now I need them to address the problems in repair. Those two things affect all Samsung owners. The phone is for all of what I have been through and my checking that the first two are made better doesn't end with getting my new phone or when my Note 5 is returned tomorrow.

My case has gotten the attention of very high ups at Samsung USA and they have years of records they could look at and complaints about these issues I have filed. They know that dealing with 800 Samsung has left a stain and they are trying to change that. Samsung Plus is a very welcomed change.

I will also be doing some "secret shopping" with Samsung Plus and they aren't going to be telling agents, though the agents all know who I am when I call. They have a video chat department, and we don't even have to turn on our camera. The video chat department is a smaller department, they are all located, with their supervisors, in one department in TX. They aren't all over the world or even all over the country. It is a higher level of customer and technical support.

In the coming months I will be posting about my experiences with Samsung Plus. Samsung can give me a truckload of phones but if the customer care and service issues aren't also corrected, it won't be enough.
    08-10-2016 04:45 AM
    Wow, this is the first thread Ive seen where everybody isn't going for the blue. Saw ONE blue post here. Mine will be the second. Silver was what I was originally gonna get til I saw photos of how shiny and color-changey it was, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm really looking forward to getting the phone itself, regardless of color. My white Note 3 is sooooooo ready for retirement (read: sell on eBay or someplace). It's soooooo slow and laggy it's ridiculous. Everything takes 2-3 seconds to happen, and I've even reset it within the last six months.. hasn't helped.
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:34 AM
    I'm really looking forward to getting the phone itself, regardless of color. My white Note 3 is sooooooo ready for retirement (read: sell on eBay or someplace). It's soooooo slow and laggy it's ridiculous. Everything takes 2-3 seconds to happen, and I've even reset it within the last six months.. hasn't helped.
    So i am not the only person still on the Note 3. I love my Note 3, one of the best phones I have ever owned, which the Galaxy Nexus right up there. But mine has become horrendously slow over the past 8 months or so and I'm looking forward to the upgrade. I still wish it had a removable battery though not for the battery itself but for the removable back because i use the S-view case and really liked how it just replaced the back of the phone added almost no extra length to the phone at all.
    08-10-2016 10:18 AM
    Yeah, the Note 3 has been a great phone. It's the first phone I've ever owned that I haven't ended up hating after three months. My smartphone history starts with the POS Blackberry Storm (to this day I still want the designers of that thing executed), then a Droid X, then an iPhone 4S, and now the Note 3. What I hated about the 4S was the tiny size and iOS's nanny attitude towards the user. I love my iPad, but iOS on a phone is awful... although my iPad would get used for more than just web browsing if it had a real file system.

Anyway, yeah... the Note 3 has been great. Mine's still mint too since it's been in an Otterbox case the whole time. I wonder what I can get for it when I sell it...
    08-10-2016 10:22 AM
94 1234