08-12-2016 06:56 PM
94 1234
tools
    No, they're as bad as everyone else. About $250-$300 less than the going rate.
    Swappa is your friend.
    08-10-2016 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the Swappa tip. I created an account there to sell my Note 3. For phones in my condition I'm seeing $180-210, but on eBay, completed listings are $125-145. Hmmm.
    08-10-2016 12:09 PM
    Thanks for the Swappa tip. I created an account there to sell my Note 3. For phones in my condition I'm seeing $180-210, but on eBay, completed listings are $125-145. Hmmm.
    Fyi there are dozens of note 4s listed with recent sales for $180-210. I'd be surprised if the note 3 went for that mich.
    08-10-2016 12:19 PM
    Yeah I kinda figured that. I guess best I may get is $125-ish. Oh well, can't post it til the 19th anyway.
    08-10-2016 12:23 PM
    Wonder when we in UK will have it in stores to view
    I asked today in the O2 and Vodafone shops, and they said it will be a week or two before they get the demos in 🤒

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-10-2016 01:11 PM
    Spent an hour at a Verizon store playing with a Coral Blue Note 7 - oh my........good gracious sakes alive

First things first - the FORM FACTOR is the best of any Samsung device and rivals HTC for "feel in the hand good". The SCREEN is simply amazing - the most highly rated display ever. The Samsung folks managed yet again to tweak the DIMENSIONS of the phone making it a smidge taller and a smidge thinner, and yet being a smidge thicker, it still feels smaller in the hand - much smaller. How a smartphone feels in the hand, and the display, can be and often are are deal killers and the Samsung folks hit the ball out of the park on these two counts.

The edge features, which I have always resisted - will make for faster functions in many different tasks. The unit I had had the Retina scanner operational - and it did not perform quickly as reported - may have been the demo unit.

For me (a minority who constantly uses the S - Pen) this is the defining improvement in the Note 7 - it writes like a dream - feels like a fine pen.

The battery improvement to 3500 mAh is more than adequate with the fast charge technology, not to mention the power saving mode allowing decreases in screen resolution.

Now - my only concern is - Coral Blue or Black??
    Oh my goodness ........ went to an AT&T store and spent some time enjoying a Black Note 7.

As seen in videos, the edges are jet black - a nice touch to have the color consistency as the phone is turned over and around. The lack of a silver border REALLY makes the phone seem even sleeker and thinner.

The screen just melts beautifully over the edges and is sharply contrasted against the top and bottom black panels - makes the display pop and seem even more brilliant. The iris scanner and camera port are hard to see, getting lost in the black color scheme.

And a NICE touch...... the home button is not framed by a silver metal edge like the Note 5 but simply fades beautifully into the bottom panel.

Gonna have to play again with both the Coral Blue and the Black, but the Black is SURPRISINGLY attractive given its reported lack of "pizazz"

Loving this phone already!!!!!

Is it the @&%@##* 19th yet?????

08-10-2016 03:12 PM
    You guy's reviews sound like a romance novel, lol
    08-10-2016 03:20 PM
    Just did the same and coming from a S7 I'm not impressed. It feels pretty good in the hand but I think it's too big for me. Looking forward to the S8 as long as it'll have similar size.

08-10-2016 03:22 PM
    ... rivals HTC for "feel in the hand good". ....
    Funny you mention HTC cuz i just got back from playing with one as well and my FIRST thought was the SAME as the day i picked up the HTC DNA....with that phones "waterfall glass and 5 inch form factor i was "totally wow'ed"... Of course, fast forward 4 years later and this phone runs circles around the Droid DNA, but still, the similarity INSTANTLY gave me flashbacks!!

I actually felt like, "this is TOO small, they need a 6 inch note!!"...

But, it was beautiful, i will give you that! Not 800+ beautiful since i JUST got the S7 Edge, but still i think Sammy did an awesome job!

The black REALLY looked the nicest of the 3 colors i saw, for my collection it just would stick out like a sore thumb! Hopefully they will bring white back for Note 8!

BTC
    Just played with a note 7 - oh   myyy  !!!-all-5.jpg

BTC
    08-10-2016 03:50 PM
    Man, I checked out the Note 7 last night at AT&T. Holy **** that's the best looking phone I've ever seen. It's a guaranteed purchase for me coming from a 6s Plus. That thing looked great. I'm definitely going with black, it just looks too sleek for me. And I put my 6s Plus up next to it and my iPhone was BIGGER with a smaller screen. Wow. I'm impressed this time around. I can't wait to get this thing.
    08-10-2016 03:54 PM
    Man, I checked out the Note 7 last night at AT&T. Holy **** that's the best looking phone I've ever seen. It's a guaranteed purchase for me coming from a 6s Plus. That thing looked great. I'm definitely going with black, it just looks too sleek for me. And I put my 6s Plus up next to it and my iPhone was BIGGER with a smaller screen. Wow. I'm impressed this time around. I can't wait to get this thing.
    The bezels are small and they also seem to not have an issue with the accidental side touches.

It took me a while to get used to the Note 5, the side is so small I would tap the screen accidentally. I didn't have that problem with the Note 7.
    08-10-2016 04:02 PM
    And iphone 6s Plus is soooo heavy! (u left that out : )

BTC
    08-10-2016 06:10 PM
    Bossy, no Note 7 for you?
    08-10-2016 06:26 PM
    Got mine in blue, actually...but that screen, yessss.
    08-10-2016 06:48 PM
    Blue here and can't wait!!
    08-10-2016 08:12 PM

BTC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all 5.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	749.9 KB 
ID:	234597
    BTC
    Interesting picture. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the Stratosphere , so I've been out of the loop on what's come out since then from Samsung. Things that I wouldn't have know before seeing your picture: The S6 edge is a bigger phone than the (newer) S7 edge, there is an A9, A3, and and Alpha that are all very similar looking phones to the S series (didn't know they existed). I looked up the A9, and see that while it is a larger overall size phone than the Note7 its resolution, ppi, and screen to body ratio are all lower. (Guess Note7 users don't need to feel inferior to A9 users).
    Is that an Asus Zenwatch with the band replaced next to the phones, or a crApple watch?
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    08-10-2016 09:26 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding if I should upgrade from my s6 edge. I know it's a newer generation and the features added will be a benefit, but I don't want to have to buy another gear VR set and worried about the damn thing not being pocket-worthy (are my pockets large enough to fit this thing?)

Posted via GWaLL's s6 edge
    08-10-2016 09:46 PM
    I'm having a hard time deciding if I should upgrade from my s6 edge. I know it's a newer generation and the features added will be a benefit, but I don't want to have to buy another gear VR set and worried about the damn thing not being pocket-worthy (are my pockets large enough to fit this thing?)

Posted via GWaLL's s6 edge
    Go check one out at a carrier or at Best Buy. It's big, but for its screen size, it is about as small as it could be. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    08-10-2016 09:49 PM
    Nobody liking the Silver? Guess black is the color. Any chance they will release a 128GB version of the Note 7?
    08-10-2016 11:26 PM
    Blue

Black is boring

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    08-11-2016 12:17 AM
    I'm so Blue!
    08-11-2016 12:43 AM
    Interesting picture. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the Stratosphere https://gigaom.com/wp-content/upload...sphere-4g.jpeg, so I've been out of the loop on what's come out since then from Samsung. Things that I wouldn't have know before seeing your picture: The S6 edge is a bigger phone than the (newer) S7 edge, there is an A9, A3, and and Alpha that are all very similar looking phones to the S series (didn't know they existed). I looked up the A9, and see that while it is a larger overall size phone than the Note7 its resolution, ppi, and screen to body ratio are all lower. (Guess Note7 users don't need to feel inferior to A9 users).
    Is that an Asus Zenwatch with the band replaced next to the phones, or a crApple watch?

The A3 is my “always in purse phone” becuz THIS knucklehead runs errands all day & half the time leaves her phone (S6 Edge+) behind on desk (I have the sort of luck where I’d be THAT person who owns 10 phones but not one of them on me the one time I break down on deserted highway so the A3 resides in my purse charged up ready to go for that ONE emergency…lol J The A3 with its 2.5d glass is so pretty, every time I take it out to make sure its charged I am impressed by how beautiful it is, looks like a Note 7 mini!

The Alpha is our “home phone” thanks to t-mo 4 unlimited lines for $150 plan

The s7 is my “always on a tripod ready for ANY pet action” camera (wayyyyy better than any point & shoot you can get : ),

The A9 runs latest touchwiz with themes & marshmallow & is my “couch & nightstand tablet & by the way is so fluid & that 5000 mAh battery is amazing! Even tho only 1080p, it’s the most enjoyable tab I have ever used!

If Sammy hadn’t of stopped making white phones I woulda sold a couple of these on Swappa, but since they did, I can’t bear to part with any of them, each a fantastic phone in their own right.

Bossy, no Note 7 for you?
    When I was looking at the Note 7 yesterday I was struck by “how small & insubstantial” it looked & felt, (maybe since it was the black color) which is a GOOD thing for MOST users who have never liked Note’s blocky, oversized feel, but for me, I prolly won’t be getting it as the black color doesn’t “scream out at me” like my white phones do…And I was eyeing that silver one, but man o man, the fingerprints… would drive me crazy by 2nd day of ownership!

And yes that is a Zenwatch2, made a custom band since it uses regular watch pins : )

Just played with a note 7 - oh   myyy  !!!-a3.jpg

Just played with a note 7 - oh   myyy  !!!-2.jpg

BTC
    msndrstood and stmax like this.
    08-11-2016 05:53 AM
    The Samsung folks managed yet again to tweak the DIMENSIONS of the phone making it a smidge taller and a smidge thinner, and yet being a smidge thicker, it still feels smaller in the hand - much smaller.
    That's some serious engineering. They should patent that process.
    Jeremy8000 likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:12 AM
    I'd pre-order one but i'm having a helluva time selling this damn iphone!
    List it on imore or Swappa, it will sell quickly!
    08-11-2016 10:22 AM
    I had the Black and the deep Blue Note 5. Just to switch things up, I would get the Coral Blue version. My current daily driver sports a cyan back and the other spare phone has a cyan case.
    08-11-2016 10:25 AM
94 1234