Think Best Buy will have pickup before the 19th?

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Looks like for the S7 and other older Galaxy phones, people reported getting to pick up at Best Buy a couple days early sometimes. Anyone think that will happen with Note 7?

shnweller

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today and the Rep I talked to said they'll have them before any carrier does. He said they actually have some already in the back and that they are just waiting for the "Go" to release them. I think he was trying to get me to preorder there. Which I almost did.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Not likely. Worked there for 10 years. The company is very strict with release dates. There's always a first for everything though, ya never know.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. I wouldn't bet on it. I initially pre ordered from them but canceled it after I remembered all the horror threads of other phone releases of best buy only getting a handful of devices of each color and not enough for all the pre orders. I really hope they are on it this time. But I wasn't willing to risk it. In order from Verizon instead.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont remember if I got my S7e early or not from Worst Buy. But the best reason to preorder from them is that the free gift from Samsung, you will get that day. No need to fill out forms online to maybe get it.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I guess I can ask this here since it's related to Best Buy. Do any of you have a way to check the status of your order that did the installment plan? Like, I preordered it and have my receipt showing I preordered and my receipt for my $50 gift card but no way to check anything. The order number doesn't appear to show up on Best Buy's site. Could very well be that this is just how it is but I'm just curious. Thanks!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just went in there and preordered our 2 note 7s so I could get the fit2 faster. After he rang me up I asked if he thought they'd release them early, he said he didn't know but on the s7 (I think) he said they had an exclusive with Samsung where they got to release 7 days early and they only found out 2 days in advanced. I mentioned tomorrow would be 7 days early and asked if they'd heard anything, he gave me a brief look....then repeated that they don't know anything yet. So the moral of the story is...I don't know but maybe he gave me a weird look and they already know?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I was at Best Buy today and the Rep I talked to said they'll have them before any carrier does. He said they actually have some already in the back and that they are just waiting for the "Go" to release them. I think he was trying to get me to preorder there. Which I almost did.

Yeah...he was lying to get that preorder lol They only come in days before a launch.

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I guess I can ask this here since it's related to Best Buy. Do any of you have a way to check the status of your order that did the installment plan? Like, I preordered it and have my receipt showing I preordered and my receipt for my $50 gift card but no way to check anything. The order number doesn't appear to show up on Best Buy's site. Could very well be that this is just how it is but I'm just curious. Thanks!
I pre-ordered in store and I'm sure I'm just going to have to wait for a confirmation email or stop by on the 18th with a tight dress on and hope for the best . Lol

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Do they make you pay when you pre-order or when you pick it up?
I had to reserve my spot by "buying" a $50 gift card. That card can be used for the tax owed when I pick up the phone (or anything really) . I'm AT&T on the next plan. This might be different for different carriers.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
They might. I was in Best Buy this morning pre-ordering and they had a while box full of accessories next to their table. I asked the guy if I could go through them and pick up a clear case to show of that sexy Blue color and he unfortunately couldn't let me do that. But the fact that they have them out ready to display is a good thing.

Posted via the Android Central App