Think Best Buy will have pickup before the 19th?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Popped into BB this morning. Told the cell phone guy I was leaving town friday and had heard the carriers already shipped the note 7s and wondered if they would be releasing pre-orders early. He just said "if we get them in we cant release them before friday, sorry".

Not surprising :)

Hard for them to not honor the 8/19 date when Samsung subsidized/supported staff are in most of their stores ;)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Popped into BB this morning. Told the cell phone guy I was leaving town friday and had heard the carriers already shipped the note 7s and wondered if they would be releasing pre-orders early. He just said "if we get them in we cant release them before friday, sorry".

Not surprising :)

That's exactly how I got my S7 Edge early. I was actually going out of town on release day so I popped in to ask them what would be the procedure and how soon could I pick it up since I was scheduled to leave before noon that day. The guy I spoke to said, "you don't have to wait until Friday, we got ours today". They looked up my order found my driveway and took it out one of the large containers that they got in. So not sure if something like this will happen again but I'm not really worried about it. I got it early on accident so as long as I get it by Friday I'm good.

Posted via the Android Central App

mizz_ordo

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered at my local BestBuy on Aug 4th. I was the 2nd person to pre-order. They released the S7's early last time as shipments came in. This time, I've called 4 different places and all say they aren't releasing them till launch day! 2 out of the 4 stores removed their Samsung area for some reason. I was also told that my pre-order doesn't guarantee me a Note 7 on launch day. It only guarantees that I'll have one! If I don't have mines on Friday, I will cancel and just walk into my local AT&T store to pick one up!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Not likely. Worked there for 10 years. The company is very strict with release dates. There's always a first for everything though, ya never know.

This is EXACTLY right. We had the Wii and the xBox One, 360, PS's weeks early, but they, like all major retailers, will NOT bust those things out until they are expressly told they can in writing. Doing so can cost them fines of 100,000 dollars (no joke) per sale! That's EACH ONE they sell.

Chances of getting them early... NONE.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't bestbuy online orders be shipping soon for a delivery date of the 19th?

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have no emails after the "you have placed your preorder" one I received last week when I ordered the phone in-store.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have never pre ordered through Best Buy so I don't know what to expect. I half wish I chose ship to house instead of pick up at the store. Does anyone know if I'm guaranteed a note 7 just because I peroredred it?

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I regret my decision now. I have only pre-ordered once before with them, but that was in 2010. I am not happy I have the Watch and not the Memory, but that was the only choice. I am going to try and swap Friday morning
I wonder if they will open at 8am instead of 10am.
I believe, back in 2010, for the EVO, they opened early.

I have never pre ordered through Best Buy so I don't know what to expect. I half wish I chose ship to house instead of pick up at the store. Does anyone know if I'm guaranteed a note 7 just because I preoredred it?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have never pre ordered through Best Buy so I don't know what to expect. I half wish I chose ship to house instead of pick up at the store. Does anyone know if I'm guaranteed a note 7 just because I peroredred it?
Usually they tell you that they are guaranteeing you get a phone but aren't guaranteeing when. It could be on launch day or it could be later.

I never had a problem with Best Buy preorders until the LG G4 last year. I was the first at my store to preorder and then I walked in at store open on launch day only to be told they hadn't received shipment yet. Fortunately, another store about 5 minutes away received extra and held for me so I picked them up there. I received a call about 12pm from my original store and they finally got their shipment in. I told them they could give them to someone else.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I initially pre ordered from Best Buy. But after remembering all the previous horror stories from previous pre orders I canceled and went with Verizon.

To many times I have seen best buy gets only a few of each color of a particular device and people are left stranded waiting forever it seems. It is my every hope with the Note 7 being as big a deal as it seems they will get plenty of devices at least to satisfy their pre orders. The should at least.

mizz_ordo

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I will cancel my Bestbuy pre-order if I don't have the phone in store by launch day. Like they told me, they won't guarantee me one on launch day. Only that I'll have one after its released..

Last edited:

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would think it would be charged and shipped tomorrow if it is to be here by Friday with 2 day delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy