Think Best Buy will have pickup before the 19th?

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Went in to 2 different Best Buy's today and tried to pre-order at full retail on AT&T and they said no, without even trying. They said their system will only allow them to setup a new line or do an upgrade with a 2 year agreement. I asked why it was possible online, and they looked at me like I was trying to scam them or something. Ridiculous, and it only matters to me because I want the 256GB MicroSD Card.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Uh oh. I paid full retail (Verizon) and have an in-store pickup. I wonder if that'll be an issue haha. I don't want waste my time explaining to them how it works.

kgbj83

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I've see that some people have picked up their watches already, but has anyone pick up their MicroSD Card? And did anyone receive an email regarding the free gift. I received a confirmation email for an in store reservation but it doesn't mention the free gift anywhere.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
good to know ctk4949! Do remember if you're order status changed from "processing" to "ready for pickup" on launch day or did you see "preparing" or anything else before launch day?

I dont remember if it changed. I just remember getting the pickup email right b4 lunch time. Then went to pick it up after lunch.

For those ppl that preordered off contract online. When I picked up the Gear Fit2, the manager told me to just back in 8/19 and they will switch out for what you want. I hope so, I got his name. Just in case.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Went in to 2 different Best Buy's today and tried to pre-order at full retail on AT&T and they said no, without even trying. They said their system will only allow them to setup a new line or do an upgrade with a 2 year agreement. I asked why it was possible online, and they looked at me like I was trying to scam them or something. Ridiculous, and it only matters to me because I want the 256GB MicroSD Card.

I got told the same thing. I was told by a best buy mobile rep it was impossible to pay full retail and get the free gifts. He called his manager over who relayed the same message. I laughed and told them you shouldn't lie to customers and pre ordered online through my phone. They were taken aback when I walked in 2 hours later and picked up my gear fit 2. I told the manger it's pretty pathetic best buy would try to make customers or potential customers get into an agreement so it can help the bottom line. The manger had nothing to say. He was even more upset when I exchanged my "free gift" for a small. Told me a gift that comes with a pre order are non refundable. I politely explained best buys non receipt policy and walked out with a small gear fit 2 for my wife.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Is your eligible for upgrade but you just want to pay full price?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i preordered online and exchanged my fit2 for an sdcard but it took one day to get the sdcard in store but the fit 2 is a horrible deal when you compare it to the sd card. Fit 2s are going for 110 on ebay and swappa, the 256 gb sd is going for 200 on ebay and 250 in store

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Is your eligible for upgrade but you just want to pay full price?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, this is a business account, but I pay for my devices and manage the business plan. I can't justify the extra $25 they would charge me a month from $15 to $40 to go on a Next plan or 2-year.

BYI

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Placed preorder online on August 4th. Still shows Awaiting Authorization. Did get the Gear Fit delivered last week though.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
All my cases, car charger and new wireless charger stand deliver today. If only my darn pre order would just be ready for in store pickup.

(S7 Edge Titanium)

tripleh3lix

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Awaiting authorization happen before the "preorder processing" or after? Mine says:

(Status: Pre-ordered
Expected release date: 08/19/2016
Processing)

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Awaiting authorization happen before the "preorder processing" or after? Mine says:

(Status: Pre-ordered
Expected release date: 08/19/2016
Processing)

That's the standard message. Means the CC hasn't been charged yet. I'm waiting impatiently...

(S7 Edge Titanium)

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've see that some people have picked up their watches already, but has anyone pick up their MicroSD Card? And did anyone receive an email regarding the free gift. I received a confirmation email for an in store reservation but it doesn't mention the free gift anywhere.

If you pre-ordered in-store, you pick up the free gift when you pick up the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance