Upset With Samsung's Bait And Switch

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Canadians were under the impression we would be getting the Exynos version of the Note 7 (just as we got the Exynos version of all other Samsung phones). Now I find out we are getting the inferior Snapdragon version. iPhones already are faster than phones running on Exynos let alone Snapdragon. And to think I was going to finally switch to Samsung after being a loyal Apple fan for years. Samsung messed up with this move!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Canadians were under the impression we would be getting the Exynos version of the Note 7 (just as we got the Exynos version of all other Samsung phones). Now I find out we are getting the inferior Snapdragon version. iPhones already are faster than phones running on Exynos let alone Snapdragon. And to think I was going to finally switch to Samsung after being a loyal Apple fan for years. Samsung messed up with this move!!
What gave the impression of which processor it would be?

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
That's what Samsung told all the stores. If you go on Best Buy's website they still have the Exynos version listed for the Note 7. Yet, the news came out yesterday, we get the Snapdragon.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
The A10 is going to blow the Snapdragon out of the water, which makes me upset because I was looking forward to switching to Samsung.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Bait and switch would be "I preordered then they shipped me a 820 version". This is more like "assumption and reality".

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The A10 is going to blow the Snapdragon out of the water, which makes me upset because I was looking forward to switching to Samsung.

IOS and android are two different beasts, you can't really compare the 2. Seems like you "weren't" that into switching to samsung if you are getting that worked up over the processor choice, acting like the note 7 will be "slow"

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand processor gate at all. I have 2 iPhones one with each processor. No difference. I'm sure there won't be a difference with the note 7 either.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I would bet you could wait a bit longer and purchase an unlocked international version from B&H if you really want the other processor.

Posted via the Android Central App

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Specifically, what benefits to you think you will derive with the Note 7 using the Exynos chip over the 820 - specifically? What will you actually notice in your day-to-day use of the phone?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure they're all broken up about upsetting such a loyal customer.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Specifically, what benefits to you think you will derive with the Note 7 using the Exynos chip over the 820 - specifically? What will you actually notice in your day-to-day use of the phone?

He may be after the better battery life and audio DAC. At least for the S7 and S7 Edge, the Exynos version have been better battery-wise.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I would bet you could wait a bit longer and purchase an unlocked international version from B&H if you really want the other processor.

But does the cooler international version support 4g LTE for T-Mobile. It has to support band 12 I believe. I haven't had much luck with international phone or I am buying the wrong one.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

I hate Snapdragon and here is why. I had to return my S7 Edge international because it didn't support 4g LTE but from the time I had the phone compare to my friend U.S S7 edge, here is my experience. The Octa-Core is better than the SD in every single way. It has about 22% better battery life ( a bit more than 2 more hours), it load everything much faster (including games) and it also run cooler. Hope that help.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Can't imagine Samsung didn't make some tweaks 6 months later to address some of these performance variables between the two. It's not like they didn't see it all plastered everywhere on the Internet. I'm sure they did some behind the scene work to bring them more in line. It's not like Qualcomm hasn't done some special tweaking to their chipsets for Samsung before. I'm sure there was some more done and it's been more refined this time around.

Feel free to quote this post once it's been officially released and some comparisons can be made. I guarantee they closed up that gap

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
He may be after the better battery life and audio DAC. At least for the S7 and S7 Edge, the Exynos version have been better battery-wise.
There is so much more involved on battery life. You can have two people, same phone, same apps, same carrier, same signal and still get different battery life because people use their phones differently.

Add things like we all have different apps, different carriers, different signal strengths and anyone can be worse or better than expected battery life.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
But does the cooler international version support 4g LTE for T-Mobile. It has to support band 12 I believe. I haven't had much luck with international phone or I am buying the wrong one.
I see no advantages to the international version here. Samsung did very well with carrier updates, warranty is out of the question with the International version. IIRC, even paid repair is out of the question.