Any reason why?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2016 08:37 PM
    USB type c still has fast charge
    08-09-2016 08:45 PM
    Actually, I read that Samsung uses proprietary charging and not even QC 2.0.
    08-09-2016 09:41 PM
    Actually, I read that Samsung uses proprietary charging and not even QC 2.0.
    This is true, but it is QC 2.0 compatible.

Like many specs, you might think that v3 is better than v2. In reality, the charging speed is not that much different. Certainly not enough to pay extra for it. Remember the fast charge only makes a difference on the first 50% of the battery.
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-09-2016 10:30 PM
    Kinda disappointing for paying so much
    08-09-2016 10:32 PM
    QC 3.0 charging is a bit faster than QC 2.0, so it is mildly disappointing. That said, the speed difference between 3.0 charging and 2.0 charging is much less than moving from standard charging to QC 2.0.

2.0 charging is still really fast. I am quite happy with it on the Note 5...
    Jona005 likes this.
    08-09-2016 11:56 PM
    Tell me about it back in April I bought a quick charge 3.0 power block thinking the Note 7 would have this LOL SMH

08-10-2016 01:47 AM
    Cmon it still charges very fast. Try using an iPhone for charging
    08-10-2016 04:41 AM
    That line can justify nearly everything. Paying a lot doesn't mean it will be perfect. Who knows what they could have done if they wanted to push to $1000

Also, there has been some chatter that qc3 was not used because of the differences between the SD and the exynos processors. Personally I don't buy that story. "Samsung only wanted 1 charging block" but that's already not true because we all have different account plugs, and voltages.
    08-10-2016 07:49 AM
    Some people will notice I've asked this before but can't seem to get my head around this. Will the charger in the box be fast charging??

Also I thought the phone was charging at 2.0. But if I understand correctly the USB C is different than QC 2.0 But they are both fast charging.

So then if i use a QC 2.0 block with a USB C cable it will also be fast charging just it will be using a different standard (QC2) than USB C charging? Now I'm confused.

08-10-2016 08:50 AM
    Some people will notice I've asked this before but can't seem to get my head around this. Will the charger in the box be fast charging??

Also I thought the phone was charging at 2.0. But if I understand correctly the USB C is different than QC 2.0 But they are both fast charging.

So then if i use a QC 2.0 block with a USB C cable it will also be fast charging just it will be using a different standard (QC2) than USB C charging? Now I'm confused.

I believe it's still using QC2.0, but now with a USB C connector. The connector does not necessarily dictate the charging as long as it can handle speeds of QC2.0, which it can, since it can handle 3.0. Practically speaking this means that if you have existing QC2.0 chargers for older Samsung phones starting with the S6, you can reuse them with the microUSB to USB C adapter that comes in the box, and get the same charging speed as you will with the OEM Note 7 charger.

08-10-2016 09:11 AM
    For what it's worth, I tried out a phone that supports QC3.0, and it does actually make a big difference. It charged a fair amount more quickly. But the phones in question didn't have wireless charging, and had poorer battery lives, so they needed it. My S7 Edge has awesome battery life, and I habe a quick charge wireless at work plus a quick charge car charger in case I need to fill up. I've never had a problem since I got it in March.

08-10-2016 09:13 AM
    I believe it's still using QC2.0, but now with a USB C connector. The connector does not necessarily dictate the charging as long as it can handle speeds of QC2.0, which it can, since it can handle 3.0. Practically speaking this means that if you have existing QC2.0 chargers for older Samsung phones starting with the S6, you can reuse them with the microUSB to USB C adapter that comes in the box, and get the same charging speed as you will with the OEM Note 7 charger.

Okay thank you. Do we know if they supply a QC 2 capable charger in the box as well?

08-10-2016 09:17 AM
    They did for the s7, so I'm sure they will for this also
    08-10-2016 10:18 AM
    For what it's worth, I tried out a phone that supports QC3.0, and it does actually make a big difference. It charged a fair amount more quickly. But the phones in question didn't have wireless charging, and had poorer battery lives, so they needed it. My S7 Edge has awesome battery life, and I habe a quick charge wireless at work plus a quick charge car charger in case I need to fill up. I've never had a problem since I got it in March.

Same wattage on both?
    08-10-2016 11:00 AM
    I'm not educated on the different types of chargers. All I know is that I put my my Note 5 on the charging pad at night and it's charged when get up in the morning. I have the cheap wireless pad that came with the phone.
    I have fast charging turned off because I've heard that it's bad for the battery.
    What are your thoughts about fast charging being bad for the battery?
    08-12-2016 05:16 PM
    I'm not educated on the different types of chargers. All I know is that I put my my Note 5 on the charging pad at night and it's charged when get up in the morning. I have the cheap wireless pad that came with the phone.
    I have fast charging turned off because I've heard that it's bad for the battery.
    What are your thoughts about fast charging being bad for the battery?
    It isn't really a big deal. There is circuitry that controls the current delivered to the battery to prevent overheating.

08-12-2016 05:31 PM
    Cmon it still charges very fast. Try using an iPhone for charging
    It honestly felt like my 6s Plus took 3 hours to charge. Granted it had good battery life, so it wasn't a huge deal, but after using a phone with Quick Charge I realized just how long it takes.
    08-12-2016 08:16 PM