Note 7 UK Thread

Andrew_95

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ring them again until someone sells you one. I had the same experience in store and on the phone y'day. But after seeing people post on multiple forums that they'd ordered one sim free for £699, I rang them again and was sold one with VR for £699, sim free.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
got an email from samsung

It's almost time
You're first in line, so be ready to pre-order
The Galaxy Note7 is almost here and from tomorrow, 16th August, you can be one of the first people to pre-order it from 6am. The first 1000 people to pre-order will receive a Gear VR*. You can also join our upgrade programme^, with more details available on our website. And we've introduced Samsung Mobile Care± for just £99, covering accidental damage, theft cover and giving you extra peace of mind

Good job I finish work at 7am

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I also got the same email and just clicked the link. I knew it wouldn't be cheap but Jesus Christ!
fa9fa9047ed97afdd484a970d9dee8c4.jpg

£699 was more than enough but there's no way I'm spending £739 on a phone!

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you 😁.

If I sell my S7E I probably would have to stump up another 300 quid for the addition of a pen.

I'll enjoy my superb Edge a little longer until prices have dropped ... or the S8 is announced 😆.

Motorola V20 might be interesting too.

traynor1987

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Just pre-ordered mine on Vodafone in Black with FREE VR.

Unlimited texts and minuted, 30GB Data with FREE spotify for 24 months £68, with loyal customer discount @ 10% so £61.20 a month, I can live with that haha as i payed £60 a month for my iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and £220 upfront for that so not bad at all.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
£739...!!! Blimey😲😲😲, Sammy are getting a bit too greedy. I will see what other retailers are selling it for.

I'm buying it outright so will wait for price to come down. I'm on a fairly decent 12 month sim only deal with EE - unlimited texts/calls 18GB data for £15.99 per month (retention deal).

Posted from my Galaxy Tab Pro

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
£739...!!! Blimey, Sammy are getting a bit too greedy. I will see what other retailers are selling it for.

I'm buying it outright so will wait for price to come down. I'm on a fairly decent 12 month sim only deal with EE - unlimited texts/calls 18GB data for £15.99 per month (retention deal).

Too right they are, you got to draw a line some where!

I'm also going to wait. That's a great sim only plan where did you get that from?

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
£739...!!! Blimey😲😲😲, Sammy are getting a bit too greedy. I will see what other retailers are selling it for.

It's way too much for me. I've already decided not to get it anyway (for now at least). I'm don't think I'm going to pay out for flagship phones anymore. It's just not worth it for me. I played with a Galaxy A phone the other day it doesn't seem any slower or worse than my Note 4. I'm not a specs guy. Just want a reliable phone with a decent battery. I want a phone that does the job but don't need to worry about breaking it.

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I was looking to buy it sim free for £699....I was so tempted to preorder from carphone over the phone yesterday as they promised a free VR headset whilst on the phone to them but as i was on the phone their website updated and i noticed that it said VR was only given to contract deals on the note 7.

I knew it was bad news, they also said that you dont get email confirmation if you purchase over the phone so i had no proof if one didnt arrive and neither will anybody else!

Anyway, id also signed up at samsung the day it was announced and was one of the first thousand apparently lmao (yeah right).

I set my alarm for 5:55am and copped the black version. They said that the first 1000 people to order were to receive a free VR but i wasnt holding my breathe albeit i was quick. Upon seeing £739 i did hesitate but thought whats another £39 on top of the already insane £700, especially if im actually getting confirmation of this purchase (im looking at you carphone).

Proceeded to buy, then checked my order status and saw that they had added the new Samsung VR headset and a Samsung case for the note 7... so all in all not too bad. im guessing that equals at least £130 in itself. I also noticed that carphone wont even allow people to preorder sim free on their website at the moment and samsung has since sold out on preorders due to retaining stock for launch as supply is set to outweigh demand.

**** i never type this much but yeah, roll on aug 30th!

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I also went through Samsung.

Yeah I'm paying more but I get it early, get a free VR and a case.

Car phone warehouse are a joke. Went on their website and it says sim free isn't even available only one contract.

It's cheaper on clove but I wanted the phone early and a VR

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
did the case and vr add to your basket before you checked out or did you only notice it when you checked order status or 'your orders'?

even though its got both items in my order status i still feel as though im lacking any confirmation and samsung will pull a fast one haha

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
did the case and vr add to your basket before you checked out or did you only notice it when you checked order status or 'your orders'?

even though its got both items in my order status i still feel as though im lacking any confirmation and samsung will pull a fast one haha

Nah was mentioned until I see it in the order at the end. Getting the VR is the main reason for paying more and going through Samsung. That and getting it early.

Just seen car phone warehouse have a silver option which is what I wanted originally but it says out of stock and I wanted to get my phone early. Was the silver but oh well think will stick with my note 7 in black.,