Note 7 UK Thread

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Okay cool at least we're in the same boat

I've screenshot the order page in case Samsung don't deliver but I'm sure they will.

Looking forward to trying the gear VR..Will be selling my iPhone 6s Plus when my note arrives. Want to keep both but money wise I need to sell it really.

furby23

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Man i have an almost 2 year old 6 plus too! My first time on android so hoping its worth it! And yeah good idea to screenshot! The vr looks amazing too, was watching some videos on youtube last night! Really dont know how apple will compete

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Man i have an almost 2 year old 6 plus too! My first time on android so hoping its worth it! And yeah good idea to screenshot! The vr looks amazing too, was watching some videos on youtube last night! Really dont know how apple will compete
Yeah I think with no headphone jack Apple will struggle to keep up with this note 7. I've seen many people already saying they will get the note 7 and wait to see what apple brings in 2017.

Apple will have serious pressure to deliver next year. I think at best the 2017 iPhone will be at the level of the note 7 while I think next year Samsung will bring out even better specs.

Poppy59

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and ordered sim free from Carphone whorehouse (black), roll on the 30th 😂

Posted via the Android Central App

IMissMyPsion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Trying to buy this phone has to be the most irritating task I've set myself recently.

Samsung want £739.
Clove only want £675, but no Gear VR. And £5 delivery.
Quidco have an offer of £80 cashback if you pre-order a Note7 from Carphone Warehouse, but beware. The advert is at the least misleading, and at the worst a lie. You cannot as such pre-order the Note7 from Carphone Warehouse to comply with this offer. The only thing you can do to get the cashback is pre-order a contract which includes a free Note7 and free Gear VR. The cheapest contract (as an upgrade), to match what I have on my SIM only deal (which has 5 months remaining), would mean a phone-specific cost over 2 years of over £800. If you buy the phone outright, you get a £5 cashback, no Gear VR, and pay £699.99.

Attachments

• 2016-08-18 quidco carphone warehouse offer.PNG
    2016-08-18 quidco carphone warehouse offer.PNG
    433 KB · Views: 26
  • 2016 08 18 Carphonewarehouse note7.PNG
    2016 08 18 Carphonewarehouse note7.PNG
    670.5 KB · Views: 27

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I was looking to buy it sim free for £699....I was so tempted to preorder from carphone over the phone yesterday as they promised a free VR headset whilst on the phone to them but as i was on the phone their website updated and i noticed that it said VR was only given to contract deals on the note 7.

I knew it was bad news, they also said that you dont get email confirmation if you purchase over the phone so i had no proof if one didnt arrive and neither will anybody else!

Anyway, id also signed up at samsung the day it was announced and was one of the first thousand apparently lmao (yeah right).

I set my alarm for 5:55am and copped the black version. They said that the first 1000 people to order were to receive a free VR but i wasnt holding my breathe albeit i was quick. Upon seeing £739 i did hesitate but thought whats another £39 on top of the already insane £700, especially if im actually getting confirmation of this purchase (im looking at you carphone).

Proceeded to buy, then checked my order status and saw that they had added the new Samsung VR headset and a Samsung case for the note 7... so all in all not too bad. im guessing that equals at least £130 in itself. I also noticed that carphone wont even allow people to preorder sim free on their website at the moment and samsung has since sold out on preorders due to retaining stock for launch as supply is set to outweigh demand.

**** i never type this much but yeah, roll on aug 30th!

Weird...I ordered mine on the day of the Note 7's launch from Carphone Warehouse over the phone, sim free, 699.00 with vr goggles. Got the same deal when I ordered the same again for my sister's present in their shop?

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Nah was mentioned until I see it in the order at the end. Getting the VR is the main reason for paying more and going through Samsung. That and getting it early.

Just seen car phone warehouse have a silver option which is what I wanted originally but it says out of stock and I wanted to get my phone early. Was the silver but oh well think will stick with my note 7 in black.,

When I ordered mine on the day of its launch Carphone Warehouse only offered me black and blue which are the colours I wanna beat them. I'd have liked the silver.

Tony Parr

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I ordered the phone on the 16th August, was due to collect on the 2nd, but was on holiday. Went to collect on the 4th and couldn't as they had been recalled. Just had an 'interesting' conversation with CPW over the phone. Apparently 'I' cancelled my order for the phone, so now I have to pay £50 more for the handset, lost the Gear VR I was getting and have to wait until the 21st October to get what I was supposed to get on the 2nd September. Am I right in thinking this is wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs