What does you AT&T order status say?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
From what I read so far, shipping from AT&T will be FedEx. Does anyone know if a signature is required? I just found out that I will be going to an event at 5pm on Friday and won't be home. I have a security camera that I can watch my front porch remotely so I can call a neighbor to get it when it arrives. If they need a signature and no one is home, they will probably leave a note for next day delivery. With it being a Friday, that could be a problem.

They will require a signature. They won't leave it out if no one's there

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Why is everyone calling in? I mean, you're obviously free to do what you want but do we have to be obnoxious? From day one my email has said the device will ship 8/17-8/18. Today is 8/17, so it'll either ship today or tomorrow. No need to wait a week and a half and then suddenly start calling in early morning on the first day they estimated shipping.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
They may do it differently now, but when I've ordered from AT&T in the past no signature was required. They have just left the device on my doorstep. The way my home is designed, my front door is sunken in from the front of the house, so people can't see if the delivery driver left something or if I was at home. I also have a Ring doorbell that has a camera.

I haven't ordered from them in two years so, like I said; it could be different now. I ordered on the 8th, so I'm not sure if I will get the device this week. Those who ordered on the 3rd, hopefully will hear something later today.

Jag9422

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you need a signature. I never signed when I got the s7 edge and when I got a replacement because the camera was defective they left that at my door step as well. So maybe it depends where you live but I never had to sign for anything.

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I joined AT&T 2 years ago and I'm 75% sure I remember that they just left the phones at my door. Also, as Ruben stated, I can check when I get an actual shipping notification if they need a signature.

Bayarda

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
From what I read so far, shipping from AT&T will be FedEx. Does anyone know if a signature is required? I just found out that I will be going to an event at 5pm on Friday and won't be home. I have a security camera that I can watch my front porch remotely so I can call a neighbor to get it when it arrives. If they need a signature and no one is home, they will probably leave a note for next day delivery. With it being a Friday, that could be a problem.

I know from past Apple orders that FedEx has an option to pre-sign for the delivery. I normally reach that form through the order status page on Apple's website, but there might be an option to fill and print it out through FedEx.

In a pinch, putting your name, tracking number, and a request to leave the package at the door on a signed piece of paper taped on your front door might just work.

THEjbrad

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I've got the first appearance of rogue and this phone shipping at the same time. One from Wisconsin and one from Texas at this point I have more information on the comic than the almost 900 piece of technology.... thanks att

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine is sent to a corporate billing account so I don't have the charge visible until the bill prints later this month, and therefore no credit card charge to look for either. Sorry.

One other interesting thing is that the package is forbidden from being held for pickup at my local Fedex station, due to a request by the sender to only deliver to the actual delivery address. Not had that before.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone calling in? I mean, you're obviously free to do what you want but do we have to be obnoxious? From day one my email has said the device will ship 8/17-8/18. Today is 8/17, so it'll either ship today or tomorrow. No need to wait a week and a half and then suddenly start calling in early morning on the first day they estimated shipping.

Plus, I doubt reps have much more information than we can look up on the web site.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm WAY excited, but i'm not going to call the reps and tie up the lines constantly because my phone hasn't shipped by 8 am on the first estimated day of shipping. I won't be angry until friday morning if it hasn't shipped and nothing has changed. But we've known since day one that the estimated dates were today or tomorrow for shipping. If you're wanting to cancel your pre-order already, it sounds like you aren't cut out to handle pre-ordering anything.

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The main reason I was worried is I had a last minute work trip come up that I wasn't expecting. I don't think it's out of the realm of worry to make sure a $900 device isn't stolen from a door step.
There are real reasons to cancel a order. But yes, not getting it early isn't a reason to call every day to get new information.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The main reason I was worried is I had a last minute work trip come up that I wasn't expecting. I don't think it's out of the realm of worry to make sure a $900 device isn't stolen from a door step.
There are real reasons to cancel a order. But yes, not getting it early isn't a reason to call every day to get new information.

Agreed.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Every time I pre-order a phone/watch I do this. It's just fun. The main route to my house is closed both ways due to an apocalyptic fire, so I have no idea of my phone will be there but I won't, or I'll be there and my phone won't. Anyone a helicopter pilot here?

Order date: 08/03/2016 at 11:17:24 a.m. ET, cobalt blue. 8/17-8/18. When you do the little *6737# it also gives me a backordered text, but I would be really surprised if it wasn't on my doorstep by Friday. Hopefully a hot fireman will deliver it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski