08-15-2016 03:52 PM
121 12345
tools
    This is just one "page" and when it us full you have to save it and start another. The Note 5 came out with this feature and the Note 7 could added even more to it, not sure. I haven't looked at that feature on the N7.

There is a setting to be able to do a lock screen memo. You take out your spen, don't have to unlock it wake the screen and it pops up. It is a black screen with white writing.
    I may be wrong on this, but I think the Note 7 has the option to scroll on the active note screen (via small up & down arrows) so when you fill the screen, just hit the down arrow to scroll to new space to continue... I have seen that done already on a review... Nit sure if it saves as multi pages or one note, or how the file is treated after, but I do understand it to be a way that you can continie notes beyond one screen now... I am anxious to try this oit as well, bc on my note 5 I really wanted more than one screen of note, then it wakes up...
    08-12-2016 08:28 AM
    I may be wrong on this, but I think the Note 7 has the option to scroll on the active note screen (via small up & down arrows) so when you fill the screen, just hit the down arrow to scroll to new space to continue... I have seen that done already on a review... Nit sure if it saves as multi pages or one note, or how the file is treated after, but I do understand it to be a way that you can continie notes beyond one screen now... I am anxious to try this oit as well, bc on my note 5 I really wanted more than one screen of note, then it wakes up...
    This is the screen off note, so I don't know of they have updated that one to allow that or not.
    08-12-2016 08:52 AM
    This is the screen off note, so I don't know of they have updated that one to allow that or not.
    That was what I was refering to... The black screen (when S-Pen is ejected) you will now notice 2 arrows on the right side of the screen to scroll the black screen while jotting down notes...
    08-12-2016 09:05 AM
    Two Words: Battery Case. LOL

If the Note series does everything you need it to (and better compared to the iPhone), I don't understand going back to the iPhone JUST because of battery.

Android devices are more proficient for productivity and true multitasking, IMO; especially with the Note series. You can't compare the two. Most do, but that's based ONLY on the size of the screen and the camera quality. Otherwise, to me, there is NO other comparison.
    08-12-2016 09:14 AM
    Damn you guys! I recently got the 6s+ and told myself I was sticking with iPhone so I only upgrade once per year... Well after all the posts, pictures and videos of the Note 7, I had to go see the demo unit. Well, guys.. It looks like I'll be going to the T-Mobile store next Friday.

My wife is going to kill me.
    08-12-2016 09:16 AM
    Two Words: Battery Case. LOL

If the Note series does everything you need it to (and better compared to the iPhone), I don't understand going back to the iPhone JUST because of battery.

Android devices are more proficient for productivity and true multitasking, IMO; especially with the Note series. You can't compare the two. Most do, but that's based ONLY on the size of the screen and the camera quality. Otherwise, to me, there is NO other comparison.
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by "productivity"..what does Android offer for productivity that iphone does not?

Both have office apps...google docs...great email..multiple ways to text/sms/chat/etc.

If by productivity you mean split the screen up, I guess I don't agree that's being really productive.

The note taking feature for Note 7 is the biggest advantage. I take a LOT of notes and so, having this available, and connecting to OneNote will be great (or Evernote for that matter).
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:17 AM
    Damn you guys! I recently got the 6s+ and told myself I was sticking with iPhone so I only upgrade once per year... Well after all the posts, pictures and videos of the Note 7, I had to go see the demo unit. Well, guys.. It looks like I'll be going to the T-Mobile store next Friday.

My wife is going to kill me.
    Yeah..I swore off the Note after my last go around. Loved (and still really like) my iphone 6s+.

But I love what Samsung did here with the Note 7...better look and bigger battery. Ability to change screen resolution to reduce battery draw. ability to add 256GB of extra storage. I prefer Android OS overall...but I've NEVER had an issue with any iphone that I've used vs issues I have had on Android...so it's a leap of faith.

Also, I don't like how long it takes to get the latest updates for Android.
    08-12-2016 09:21 AM
    The iphone 6S plus was my first iphone. Sold it today to preorder a note 7. I found that on ios the phone did a lot less in the background than an android phone does. If I pick up my iphone and turn on the display it begins to update everything while my android is always up to date. For example widgets on ios don't update until you actually look at them. On android everything is ready to go.
    This! The was one of my biggest pet peeves with iOS. The purpose of a widget (depending on the widget), is to keep updated information. On the iPhone, I felt that if I had to wait for the widget to refresh before I could retrieve the information, I may as well go into the app itself. Widgets on iOS are glorified app icons. LOL!

O.k., I'm just going to say this...and hope I don't get slammed for it...I had an iPhone 6 (not the S and not the plus) and the battery on that lasted longer than my S7 (not edge) on any given day. I have concluded the reason for that is because I simply didn't USE the iPhone as much as I do my S7. Right or wrong, I have the S7 with me ALL the time and within arms reach. I'm constantly picking it up to google something, check the weather, read some news, tether to my iPad, read forums...etc. The iPhone I used for text and email (I use the S7 for those, too...just to be clear). But I didn't find myself constantly picking the iPhone up to just "check" stuff or read stuff or explore.
    I discovered this as well. In fact, my data usage doubled when I switched back to Android (via my S7 Edge) because I was using it so much more than my iPhone.

Android does a lot more in the background than iPhone does, there are also more advances in Android apps today due to advances on hardware and software. Android apps can run and do more in the background than what the iPhone can allow.

That is why you have to tweak your Android and I know that is hard for people coming from iPhone to understand. Some people wants apps doing everything they can do in the background and some just have certain apps they want going that. We may give up a little battery life for some other advantages with Android.

Both iPhone and Android users trade something. You just have to decide what you are willing to trade.
    Yep!

I'm in a different boat here. Most of the people are discussing battery lives and OS. But for me, the switch I made from Galaxy S7 to the iPhone 6s plus was solely based on built quality. Now this switch couldve been to an HTC 10 but I really wanted to check out iOS 10.
    How in the world did you use an iPhone without a case? LOL!! Talk about slippery...
    08-12-2016 09:25 AM
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by "productivity"..what does Android offer for productivity that iphone does not?

Both have office apps...google docs...great email..multiple ways to text/sms/chat/etc.

If by productivity you mean split the screen up, I guess I don't agree that's being really productive.

The note taking feature for Note 7 is the biggest advantage. I take a LOT of notes and so, having this available, and connecting to OneNote will be great (or Evernote for that matter).
    I love OneNote/Note-Series in concert... It's like the set up was just geared up for me exclusively (hand-tailored)... I love it!! Can't wait to see what the Note 7 doea to make this experience even MORE enjoyable for me (including all other features improved upon since N5)
    08-12-2016 09:26 AM
    Yeah..I swore off the Note after my last go around. Loved (and still really like) my iphone 6s+.

But I love what Samsung did here with the Note 7...better look and bigger battery. Ability to change screen resolution to reduce battery draw. ability to add 256GB of extra storage. I prefer Android OS overall...but I've NEVER had an issue with any iphone that I've used vs issues I have had on Android...so it's a leap of faith.

Also, I don't like how long it takes to get the latest updates for Android.
    Sammie says Nougat comes in Oct/Nov to Note 7 (and will be the first Samsung device to receive the update (carriers are an unknown tho))
    08-12-2016 09:28 AM

The note taking feature for Note 7 is the biggest advantage. I take a LOT of notes and so, having this available, and connecting to OneNote will be great (or Evernote for that matter)
    You just contradicted yourself and you didn't even know it!

You can use your split screen for notetaking!

I use the split screen A LOT for watching YouTube while taking notes at the same time (I learn how to do different things for myself in order to save money; YouTube is the best! lol). Or using another app while taking notes. I could not do this on my iPhone. I better have a pen and a pad handy.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:31 AM
    Sammie says Nougat comes in Oct/Nov to Note 7 (and will be the first Samsung device to receive the update (carriers are an unknown tho))
    Yeah...That's just it...Carriers prohibit updates from happening when they should. When Apple has new updates it's the day it's announced. I know why but it's something that stinks about Android
    08-12-2016 09:33 AM

I use the split screen A LOT for watching YouTube while taking notes at the same time (I learn how to do different things for myself in order to save money; YouTube is the best! lol). Or using another app while taking notes. I could not do this on my iPhone. I better have a pen and a pad handy.
    Well no I didn't. The note taking is one thing, but splitting the screen up on a 5.5 screen to me isn't productivity...that's just me. I can't be productive when the screen is now 2.75 inches and there's 2 of them,

Yes the Note taking is an advantage...but for common tasks like using Office, I could never use a Note for that...my eyes and fingers would be dead.
    08-12-2016 09:36 AM

And now we have "Glance" to further improve upon this!!
    08-12-2016 09:38 AM
    And now we have "Glance" to further improve upon this!!
    Glance?
    08-12-2016 09:40 AM
    Yeah...That's just it...Carriers prohibit updates from happening when they should. When Apple has new updates it's the day it's announced. I know why but it's something that stinks about Android
    Lately it has been a bit better... Smaller updates and fixes come quick enough, it is when thete is a major overhaul that comes through that it takes a little longer... Some carriers are better than others, but I can deal with it... It's not like my device becomes unusable bc I don't get the update the first day... Plus, in the past(and as of now) I am always rooted, so updates come VERY fast via that method... As fast as you can flash them... However, with Note 7,more patience may be involved, but I think OEM and carriers are gonna try to improve upon this process moving forward
    spasell likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:43 AM
    This is correct. They have updated it as you describe. It can scroll, though I can't find the video where I saw it. I did find a screenshot showing the down arrow - which one would assume means you can scroll. Also, the new Screen off memos can be PINNED to the AoD now. So it was updated in 2 ways.

iPhone 6s Plus to Note 7?-spen.png
    Siggystyle, H_D and jdfry15 like this.
    08-12-2016 09:48 AM

Multitasking is one thing, sign and send documents, write on PDF, screen off menu, just to name a few.

Oh also, scroll capture, which lets you do a single screenshot thar is more than one actual screen on your phone. Also screen write will let you take a screenshot, write directly on it and then send it. That saves you from typing up any directions for what info needs to highlighted, edited etc.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:00 AM
    Robust file management.

File management in iOS is an exercise in madness. 3rd Party File Managers on iOS dont cut it.

On Android you get full access to, and control over, your storage. You can plug in your Android device and copy data the way you do on any storage device. You can even create new folders and then access them from different Android apps.

To me... part of "productivity" is being able to manage my files on my phone like I can on my Mac.... which ironically, I can't with iOS.

I find Google Now a better assistant than Siri.
    Siggystyle, jdfry15 and raziel like this.
    08-12-2016 10:02 AM
    This is correct. They have updated it as you describe. It can scroll, though I can't find the video where I saw it. I did find a screenshot showing the down arrow - which one would assume means you can scroll. Also, the new Screen off memos can be PINNED to the AoD now. So it was updated in 2 ways.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spen.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	502.4 KB 
ID:	234846
    I remember you could write with screen off on Note 5. The issue I found from it was that the text was very dim so if I were standing outside and wanted to write someone down I couldn't really see what I was writing.

Also I love the idea of the Always On screen. I don't remember that being a feature of the Note 5. I'd like to look at the screen and see Date and Time and notifications without having to turn screen on.

However does that consume a lot of battery? Would you just be better off checking it on the phone instead?
    08-12-2016 10:04 AM
    I remember you could write with screen off on Note 5. The issue I found from it was that the text was very dim so if I were standing outside and wanted to write someone down I couldn't really see what I was writing.

Also I love the idea of the Always On screen. I don't remember that being a feature of the Note 5. I'd like to look at the screen and see Date and Time and notifications without having to turn screen on.

However does that consume a lot of battery? Would you just be better off checking it on the phone instead?
    I have never had a AoD myself, this will be a first. From what I read in the threads here, it uses a surprisingly small amount of battery. We'll know soon enough :-)
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:07 AM
    Glance?
    An S-Pen "Feature" that allows you to switch between 2 FULL SCREEN applications for use and reference between the 2...
    08-12-2016 10:09 AM

That is one feature, as small as it is, that I will be using A LOT!!
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:12 AM

This!! Exactly what I was referring to!! Thanks for following up with more detail
    dsignori likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:13 AM
    Multitasking is one thing, sign and send documents, write on PDF, screen off menu, just to name a few.

Oh die for also, scroll capture, which let's you do a single screenshot thar is more than one actual screen on your phone. Also screen write willwr you take a screenshot, write directly on it and then send it. That saves you from typing up any directions for what info needs to highlighted, edited etc.
    I use these feature daily/hourly... Just can't with any other device
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:15 AM
121 12345