iPhone 6s Plus to Note 7?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes but that should be brighter also. I can test how bright it is, I've been at Best Buy a couple times playing with them, an you can't get the screen off to work since their spens ate locked down.

That would be great. On my N5 I couldn't ever see what I was writing when using it on the lock screen unless it was a really dark room. I'd like to use that feature but probably wouldn't if I have to struggle to see the screen

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
All good info here and stuff I never knew.

Do you use OneNote Kelly? I use that and Evernote both and wonder if the writing within them is improved. I used Evernote with the Note 3 I had and it was painfully slow.

I never tried on my N5 since I used my SurfaceBook instead.

I can help with Onenote. I use it every day for one reason or another. I have a tab for training notes and use it to keep hand written notes any time I'm in a class. The note taking is fast and easy.

Also the ability to import or take a picture into Onenote and annotate notes to the photo is very useful.

So many useful features to Onenote, I'm not sure how I ever got along without it. It keeps everything organized nice and neat in my work life every day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
A lot of that has me tied to the phone as well. The spen can do a lot and it is much more than a stylus. I can find a lot of the features of the phone, but not the spen function.

Scroll capture and smart select are something I use a lot, daily.

Indeed... By the time I saw this, this morning, I had already used it for detailing expenses and forwarding/filing away... Not to mention how great of a tool it is in common conversation when referencing items or trying to be detailed/descriptive, when not face to face with someone... Like you said, I believe it has me tied to it as well... I have often described the reason for my decision to be Note user, above other popular devices, as being due to the S-Pen and it's functionality first... There are indeed many reasons to love this device, but I just couldn't even imagine using a device as my only, or even my main device, without the S-Pen...
Edit - Just to note, (no pun intended), every time I grab my device (for the past 2-3 years, at least), the first thing that I do is draw/eject the S-Pen... The only exception might be when answering a call (even then, half the time the S-Pen comes out before the call has finished)...

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I can help with Onenote. I use it every day for one reason or another. I have a tab for training notes and use it to keep hand written notes any time I'm in a class. The note taking is fast and easy.

Also the ability to import or take a picture into Onenote and annotate notes to the photo is very useful.

So many useful features to Onenote, I'm not sure how I ever got along without it. It keeps everything organized nice and neat in my work life every day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Agreed... OneNote is my FAVORITE note taking application, and the feature-set is HUGE...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Indeed... By the time I saw this, this morning, I had already used it for detailing expenses and forwarding/filing away... Not to mention how great of a tool it is in common conversation when referencing items or trying to be detailed/descriptive, when not face to face with someone... Like you said, I believe it has me tied to it as well... I have often described the reason for my decision to be Note user, above other popular devices, as being due to the S-Pen and it's functionality first... There are indeed many reasons to love this device, but I just couldn't even imagine using a device as my only, or even my main device, without the S-Pen...
Edit - Just to note, (no pun intended), every time I grab my device (for the past 2-3 years, at least), the first thing that I do is draw/eject the S-Pen... The only exception might be when answering a call (even then, half the time the S-Pen comes out before the call has finished)...
I liked the Note 2 function of taking out the spen during a phone call, made a new blank S Note pop up, ready for you to take notes.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but doing this would also tie the Note to your call log after you ended the call. I really miss that function.

Oh yeah... I am not SURE about this, but I think I remember (either in N4/N5) that there was a similar feature of getting the same in the call-log (however it may have been the contact-log also)... I don't remember how/if I did it at some point, but that feature sounds as if I had stumbled upon it somehow with my Notes (but I never had the Note2)... I may mess around and see if I can duplicate, or it just could have been a vivid dream that stuck... Sad, I know... Either way, it would be a great feature to bring back - with alerts/reminder options

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah... I am not SURE about this, but I think I remember (either in N4/N5) that there was a similar feature of getting the same in the call-log (however it may have been the contact-log also)... I don't remember how/if I did it at some point, but that feature sounds as if I had stumbled upon it somehow with my Notes (but I never had the Note2)... I may mess around and see if I can duplicate, or it just could have been a vivid dream that stuck... Sad, I know... Either way, it would be a great feature to bring back - with alerts/reminder options
The 5 lost it, I don't remember if the 4 still had it, but the 3 did.

It was the call log (but would show up under the contact also) because I'd I did a Note for someone that wasn't a contract, the Note icon would be by the call and I could tap it and open the Note I did with that call.

It was really good if you couldn't find a Note about a call if you didn't recall what you named it.

anon(62000)

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Same boat, bidding my trusty 6s+ adieu...... bring on the Note 7. And I'll be taking advantage of T-Mobile's offering of that glorious 256GB microSD card. :)

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I always an iphone user, but i fell inlove with note 7. Hope the switch will not disappoint me.

It won't. Android and TouchWiz have come a long way. You will be amazed by all the functionality. The little things like being able to set default apps, or open a file browser to view/move/edit your files will make you realize how much you've been missing. Google Now is another thing that you will fall in love with. You can pretty much tell it to do whatever you want, even change phone settings.

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 6 user and am looking at moving over too. Always had iPhones and have tried switching before but always end up back with the iPhone and I don't know why. I personally think android has a lot more to offer and I'm a geeky guy so you'd think android would be my bag.

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm switching too from my 6S+, however I'm still going to keep my iPhone. Now my biggest concern....do I keep CarPlay in my car, or switch it over to android auto?

jbnerkG 1

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching too from my 6S+, however I'm still going to keep my iPhone. Now my biggest concern....do I keep CarPlay in my car, or switch it over to android auto?

Me too. My biggest concerns are iMessage, and FaceTime with my kids. F apple and their controlling PC liberal bull

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 6 user and am looking at moving over too. Always had iPhones and have tried switching before but always end up back with the iPhone and I don't know why. I personally think android has a lot more to offer and I'm a geeky guy so you'd think android would be my bag.

I'm a Apple user, but I'm going to get the Note 7 and see what Apple has in store for the iPhone 7... although the Note 7 is a beaut, I can't help but wonder what Apple has up its sleeve with the iPhone 7.

I might hold onto both and see which one that I gravitate more to when the iPhone 7 officially arrive. It's hard to just give in to the Note 7 when I don't know what the iPhone 7 has to offer.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Apple user, but I'm going to get the Note 7 and see what Apple has in store for the iPhone 7... although the Note 7 is a beaut, I can't help but wonder what Apple has up its sleeve with the iPhone 7.

I might hold onto both and see which one that I gravitate more to when the iPhone 7 officially arrive. It's hard to just give in to the Note 7 when I don't know what the iPhone 7 has to offer.
Watch Zone of Techs' YouTube videos about IPhone 7 and what is being confirmed or not. You'll get a better idea and vision.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Watch Zone of Techs' YouTube videos about IPhone 7 and what is being confirmed or not. You'll get a better idea and vision.

Lots of rumors flying around.. I already have an idea as far as hardware is concern, since obviously it will have the same design as the iPhone 6/6S.

My curiosity stems from the software side of things... I've had my time with iOS 10, but what features have yet to be announced that's iPhone 7 only. And with software, how will everything mesh with the iPhone 7.

Granted there are lots of things we know, but I'm waiting to see what Apple has yet to reveal. I'm afraid of one rumor Apple with 3 different models with iPhone 7, 7 Plus & 7 Pro... don't think that would be a good idea. I'm all for choices, but that will be a clear sign of a money grab... especially with the elimination of the headphone jack and getting customers to buy a adapter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance