iPhone 6s Plus to Note 7?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok. So I had the Note 5. And I loved it. But something that I noticed was the battery seemed to not be that great after only owning it for a couple months.

I was getting about 8-10 hours and I'm a power user. But really only gmail, Facebook, web surfing, office apps, and a lot of texting. Of course using Feedly and reading Android forums.

The iPhone 6s Plus gives me 10-12 consistently and doesn't drain battery when sleeping. I noticed on my Note if not using overnight and not plugged in it would drop 5-7% but iPhone doesn't even drop 1%.

I prefer Android and I really love Pen and the features that offers.

So with all of that said, I am reading bigger battery on the Note 7 but the screen resolution remains the same so it seems like it would actually boost the battery vs having to compensate for better resolution.

Thoughts on this? I'd love to make the move, grab that coral blue, and stay with Android. Sure my whole family is iPhone and I like the iMessage features, texting from my Mac, etc.

But I really miss my Note. Now with this I am excited but I REALLY need 10-12 hours of battery for a power user.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Your story seems similar to mine. I dumped my iPhone 6 Plus for a note 5 and returned it only going back to the iPhone because the note 5 was terrible in the battery department. Like you, I am a power user and between using my phone for work (which is a lot) and my personal use, the note 5 was not able to keep up. And there was also noticeable battery drain when barely using the phone. So I went back. Other than that, I love the note line. I'm hoping my note 7 performs better. Time will tell I suppose.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Your story seems similar to mine. I dumped my iPhone 6 Plus for a note 5 and returned it only going back to the iPhone because the note 5 was terrible in the battery department. Like you, I am a power user and between using my phone for work (which is a lot) and my personal use, the note 5 was not able to keep up. And there was also noticeable battery drain when barely using the phone. So I went back. Other than that, I love the note line. I'm hoping my note 7 performs better. Time will tell I suppose.

I wonder how power users use iPhone 😃

Posted via the Android Central App

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The iphone 6S plus was my first iphone. Sold it today to preorder a note 7. I found that on ios the phone did a lot less in the background than an android phone does. If I pick up my iphone and turn on the display it begins to update everything while my android is always up to date. For example widgets on ios don't update until you actually look at them. On android everything is ready to go. If I don't touch the iphone for a long time it doesn't even get notifications from anything. Some sort of long term sleep mode. Texts and calls still push through though.
The marshmellow update should make it so on android when your phone is just sitting there it doesn't use much battery.

I have some friends who have a note 5 and their's lasts all day and then some with heavy usage. But everyone's apps and usage varies.

My iphone did have excellent battery life and much stronger cell and wifi signals and was much more fluid than any android phone i've ever used. And they are opening up almost everything to developers so it's becoming more android like all the time. Once you can set default apps I may very well go back.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Wife has a note 5, I have a 6s plus, same thing with battery. Hers drains through battery like crazy just idling. But selling my iPhone to go to the note 7 as well.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I am also switching from an iPhone 6S Plus to the Note. iPhone battery life is great but it will never be as open as Android. Both platforms have their pro's and con's.

If I don't like the Note 7, I'll just get the iPhone 7, errrr iPhone 6SS? At least it should have a good camera.

And there is no way someone can be more productive on an iPhone. I mean I've used them a long time but without access to the file system (sans jailbreak), it's a weak productivity platform. Not to mention RAM deficient and lacking true multitasking.

I love/hate both OS's.

I'm just kind of excited to see what all an S Pen can do. I stopped using tablets when Apple came out with the Plus phones, so I can only see the S Pen enhancing what I do.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
So you are going to try the Note 7 this time?

Hey there Kelly. You were a big help for me last time solving my battery drain issues. Hopefully this time around I'll have better luck in that department. I don't want to disable everything just to conserve battery life.

Yes I am coming back to Note with the Note 7. I'm keeping my 6+ in case I have issues again. I really don't want to go back to iOS but for me I just need more juice throughout the day and not worry I'm going to pick up the phone after 30-45 minutes not using it and it's dropped another 5-6%.

Crossing my fingers

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey there Kelly. You were a big help for me last time solving my battery drain issues. Hopefully this time around I'll have better luck in that department. I don't want to disable everything just to conserve battery life.

Yes I am coming back to Note with the Note 7. I'm keeping my 6+ in case I have issues again. I really don't want to go back to iOS but for me I just need more juice throughout the day and not worry I'm going to pick up the phone after 30-45 minutes not using it and it's dropped another 5-6%.

Crossing my fingers
Well I guess we will wade through the Note 7 together 😊

No I hope you don't have to disable a lot. I haven't looked into the Note 7 much and just decided the other day I was getting it. A Samsung Best Buy employee told me the Note 7 is coming with little to no bloat, but I'll believe that when I see it.

I hope he is correct though!

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. Why would you not keep your phone charged overnight? Were you not near a charger at night?

Well it wasn't because I couldn't do that. It's because I wanted to see what was happening between the two. I've left my charger at home when gone overnight multiple times so it was more of a test. Just wierd.

I still got my email on iPhone but I didn't really care since it was overnight. Just didn't understand why Android would drain at all when not in use.

But I usually do charge it at night or leave plugged in.

I miss Google Now on Android as well. Felt that was useful for me.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
The iphone 6S plus was my first iphone. Sold it today to preorder a note 7. I found that on ios the phone did a lot less in the background than an android phone does. If I pick up my iphone and turn on the display it begins to update everything while my android is always up to date. For example widgets on ios don't update until you actually look at them. On android everything is ready to go. If I don't touch the iphone for a long time it doesn't even get notifications from anything. Some sort of long term sleep mode. Texts and calls still push through though.
The marshmellow update should make it so on android when your phone is just sitting there it doesn't use much battery.

I have some friends who have a note 5 and their's lasts all day and then some with heavy usage. But everyone's apps and usage varies.

My iphone did have excellent battery life and much stronger cell and wifi signals and was much more fluid than any android phone i've ever used. And they are opening up almost everything to developers so it's becoming more android like all the time. Once you can set default apps I may very well go back.

Damn. I forgot about cell connectivity. For some reason my Note 5 had a harder time finding a cell signal than my iPhone. I remember people thinking it might have been the reason for my cell draining faster on Android.

However I am assuming that like iPhone 6+ addition of wifi calling via Verizon the Note 7 will also have that? I leave that on and never have a cell issue ever no matter where I go as long as there's wifi.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I generally don't charge mine overnight, only every once in a while if I fall asleep before unplugging.

Did you ever get the Marshmallow update on your Note 5?